England v Croatia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England v Croatia

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Barry's still in the centre but SWP has been droped for Lennon =\ hopefully Joleon gets on later aswell.

I'm going for 2-1 England.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: England v Croatia

Postby shawzy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:44 pm

The way Lennon is playin so far.SWP will struggle to be picked over him in the startin lineup...Hes havin a stormer
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Watching the Scotland game, it's all a bit testy at the moment, the best moments for Scotland were all in the first half and unfortunately all fell to Miller.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

shawzy wrote:The way Lennon is playin so far.SWP will struggle to be picked over him in the startin lineup...Hes havin a stormer

Hes been fuckin terrible last 20 minutes though missed 2 sitters. Heskey needs to be retired from the England shirt..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Slim wrote:Watching the Scotland game, it's all a bit testy at the moment, the best moments for Scotland were all in the first half and unfortunately all fell to Miller.

How's de Jong doing pal?. And apparently Weiss has just skined about 6 Northern Ireland players on his way to getting an asist.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:12 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Slim wrote:Watching the Scotland game, it's all a bit testy at the moment, the best moments for Scotland were all in the first half and unfortunately all fell to Miller.

How's de Jong doing pal?. And apparently Weiss has just skined about 6 Northern Ireland players on his way to getting an asist.

De Jong is doing okay because he is...
a) Up against Scotland.
b) Has Sneijder(now RVDV) and De Zeeuw in front of him so he can't go wandering .

Elia has scored now, I knew he would be a pain cause the Scottish defence has been tiring, but Weir after being so solid nodded the ball down to him and one on one, he rounded the keeper.

I swear at this point Scotland should be 4 up though, some of their midfield work has been sadly let down by the finishing. Moloney has been a livewire as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Bloody hell, four goals up after 66 mins, plenty of time to get another
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby shawzy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Vhero wrote:
shawzy wrote:The way Lennon is playin so far.SWP will struggle to be picked over him in the startin lineup...Hes havin a stormer

Hes been fuckin terrible last 20 minutes though missed 2 sitters. Heskey needs to be retired from the England shirt..

Terrible? He played really well and got MOTM.
shawzy

Postby razor400 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:07 pm

What fucking colour is Teddy sheringham, hes disapearing into the background.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 pm

5-1 And a stroll in the park as Croatia were fucking awful it really could have been double figures for England.We wont have it that easy in SA.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 pm

After watching that I fear swp is going to miss out again on a world cup. There are so many right sided players, becks, Lennon, Walcott, millner. He did not even make the bench. Maybe I have my blue tinted specs on but rate him over all of them. Scores goals, sets them up, good work rate.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Sister of fu wrote:After watching that I fear swp is going to miss out again on a world cup. There are so many right sided players, becks, Lennon, Walcott, millner. He did not even make the bench. Maybe I have my blue tinted specs on but rate him over all of them. Scores goals, sets them up, good work rate.

He was given his chance by Capello but didn't really shine. When everyone is fit this is Capello's right wing preferences

Walcott >> Lennon >> Beckham >> SWP & Miller deadheat.

He's got his work cut out to get into the squad. If he gets us some goals this season then he'll be on the plane, as Capello will only pick players who are playing well for their clubs week in week out which is good news. Also means that Crouch and Heskey are in deep trouble as they only make the bench for their teams.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Waz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:42 pm

In a way, the fact that Lescott and SWP weren't even on the bench tonight might give them a bit of a kick up the backside to up their game a bit if they want to get into the England side - thus (hopefully) benefitting us with better performances at club level during this season. We shall see..
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby shawzy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:After watching that I fear swp is going to miss out again on a world cup. There are so many right sided players, becks, Lennon, Walcott, millner. He did not even make the bench. Maybe I have my blue tinted specs on but rate him over all of them. Scores goals, sets them up, good work rate.

I was shocked at how lazy SWP was in the last game..he didnt track back or put a good shift in atall..Then it gets justified cuz Lennon has a blinder tonight.Im sure he will still get picked for the squad but he needs to carry on his brill form for City to make it a dead cert.
shawzy

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:49 pm

Fantastic result & performance from England, it was a walk in the park and i thought Croatia would have given us a better game than that. South Africa and another World Cup here we come.

N Ireland were unlucky, they will struggle to qualify now, i was really rooting for them tonight. Scotland are there to be laughed at again. They get themselves so excited every time but haven't qualified for a single tournament since 1998. Shame.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Vhero wrote:

it's official, you know nothing about football..
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:41 am

Glad SWP and Lescott didnt feature last night as they will be fresh for saturday.

The way Lennon looked last night, and considering Walcott will be fit soon and the national obsession with Beckham I'd say SWP's odds of making the final squad are very small.

Great to have qualified but we already have the cue for mass hysteria.

Press asks Capello and players "Can we win it"
They answer "We can win it but it will be very tough"
Press headline reports "Capello/Lampard etc say we will win the world cup"

Thats how its all twisted and the tabloid trash rags will now spend the next 8 months building this team up, and then waiting to shoot them down if they dont win evvery game 3-0 in the tournament. Its like bloody groundhog day where the national team is concerned. Fortunately at least this time we DO have an exceptional manager who has seen it all where football is concerned and that gives me some hope.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:58 am

shawzy wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Terrible? He played really well and got MOTM.

Yeah he made up for it second half but he didnt deserve MOTM
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:00 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Vhero wrote:

it's official, you know nothing about football..

Fuck you thats a personal shot and I don't take well to personal shots. He did miss 2 sitters that's a fucking fact so stating facts proves i know nothing about football?? How fucking deluded are you?? You need to wake up mate and get a fucking life,
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Vhero wrote:Fuck you thats a personal shot and I don't take well to personal shots.

Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum