Boss sets record straight!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Boss sets record straight!!!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Mark Hughes has set the record straight over the recent transfer of Richard Dunne to Aston Villa.

Interviews given by the former Blues skipper since his departure have sparked some controversy, but reflecting on the issue the Manager stressed:

“Richard obviously felt the need to discuss his thoughts on his departure from City, but the decision (to leave) was his. He was the only one to sign on the piece of paper to change from being a City player to being a Villa player.

“It was his decision and it was not as if he was forced out of the club. I have to say that it is a little bit unfair to highlight Garry Cook and his perceived role in the discussions. I have had great support from Garry, and from Khaldoon Al Mubarak as well. We work as a team to make sure the club is strong and competitive in the future.

“Decisions will be made that affect players, but we are trying to make Manchester City a good club and one that is successful in the future.”

Meanwhile, the Manager reckons that the strength-in-depth nature of his revamped City squad will cope well with the rigours of a season that will include the African Cup of Nations tournament, likely to feature both new captain Kolo Toure and striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

“We still have plenty of guys that can come in and compensate for any player we lose either through injury or international commitments. I am very comfortable with how the squad is shaping up,” he concluded

From the OS
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Boss sets record straight!!!

Postby johnny99 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:03 pm

records are round not straight
hughes out

lol
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 pm

I don't think Hughes needed to come out and explain anything. Dunne was surplus to requirements, simple as. He's letting himself down now Dunne with his constant moaning. Concentrate on your new career fella and don't look back. Villa fans must be pissed off with signing a bloke who is basically saying he didn't want to come to their club.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:19 am

I didn't think either that the situation needed any further explanation. I never thought he was pushed out of the Club ie the Club making some sort of ultimatums to him.

It was pretty clear, we had at very least two, in my opinion four better centerbacks in the books and it didn't look like he was going to get games anymore. Therefore it was obvious that when we received offer, we'd accept it. He could've just refused to note if that's what he wanted but did the right thing for his career and sought regular first team football. Pretty straightforward really and I for one can't understand why some people should have guaranteed spot at this situation.

Besides after the takeover Richard himself stated the obvious that from now on, no one was guaranteed their spot in long term anymore so I'm sure he knew the score.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:38 am

I can't believe the manager has come out and said that!

I expected him to fully endorse Dunne's comments and for him to have a bit of a go at Cook too!

Amazing stuff.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum