World Cup ticket prices

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

World Cup ticket prices

Postby Paul68 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Anyone planning on going to the world cup? - had a quick scope on the official fifa site:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/pricesandmatches.html

Assuming you think England can go all the way..! a TST ticket will be: (see below for explanations)
Cat 1 - 2,728
Cat 2 - 1,881
Cat 3 - 1,254
Cat 4 - no pricing for cat 4 on TST
These are US dollar prices - At todays exchange cat 1 is about 1600 quid...

Then there's getting there and accomodation/travel/food/beer....
Anyone?

Team Specific Ticket Series (TST)
These are ticket strips to follow the national team of your choice. Depending on which TST Series you applied for, your TST Series may include between 3 and 7 matches and you may apply for a maximum of 4 TST Series. If your team is eliminated and your TST Series includes rounds after your team has been eliminated, your TST will remain valid to follow the team that progresses into the next round of the competition.
Seats for Category 1 tickets are generally located alongside the pitch.
Seats for Category 2 tickets are generally located adjacent to Category 1, in the corners
Seats for Category 3 tickets are generally located adjacent to Category 2 behind the goals or in the corners
Seats for Category 4 tickets are generally located behind the goals.

Each stadium is configured differently, therefore the general rules should not be considered definitive in each circumstance.
Also if your team gets drawn in the opening match (against SA) there is an additional premium to pay as there will be the opening ceremony
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Re: World Cup ticket prices

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Average of £108 a match for all matches up to and including the final (cheap seats).

£53 each for the group stage.

Premium of 10% as a reward for booking more matches.

After the Lions Tour it was pretty clear this was going to happen. The calculation was made that tripling ticket prices would make more money even if they only filled half the stadium.

For some this is useful. I'd have thought that a package of the group games and a cup direct style scheme would have been a strong seller. Potentially it would have been very good if the could also block-book accommodation but it would be difficult to do with the different numbers of travelling fans.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby fees » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:22 am

I applied for a follow England 7 game package on 4 different occasions. Obviously the hype in SA was big when the tickets went on sale. When the tickets went on sale there were 220 000 applications for a follow England ticket (this is before they even qualified) and Fifa only allocated 9000 tickets. Needless to say all 4 of my follow England package deals were unsuccessful.

What I have done is just apply for random games without even knowing who i will be watching. hopefully one of them will be England. I have 5 tickets confirmed and paid for so far. once the draw is made i will try apply for 2 games where i know England will be involved.
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby MHiggi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 am

Good luck mate, it's not every day the World Cup comes to your own backyard!
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum