Training Thursday 10/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 10/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:48 pm

I was caught out today as the players were given a lie in so they started at 12.30. I had been told on the gate ( not Mike) it would be nearer to 2pm so I only made it for the end of the session in the sunshine.

Quite a few back from the internationals and those who didn't play last night were in full training with the exceptions of Tevez and Robinho. Ade,Toure,Lescott,SWP,Bridge,Shay all involved and looking good. Johnson also in full training for the first time so no set backs in his recovery so far and all looking good.The focus today was teamwork and more defensive work for the Arsenal game with attacking stuff planned for tomorrow. Finishing on the more positive aspects sounds good and they will know better by then who will be fit of those who played yesterday.

Didn't see much of the football work out but Ade stayed back for some finishing practice and a few pens.One or two went into orbit but generally top class as was Garrido with Zabba doing the crossing. Toure did a bit of extra with MB as well.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 10/9

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Cheers Doug!

Any news on Kompany by the way?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby giokingkladze » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Any word on the severity of Tevez/Robi's injuries?
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Didn't get chance to ask about Vinnie but I would expect to see hin outside on 1 to 1's next week. RSC has been given the go ahead to up his training even more and he will probably be with the full group quite soon if not next week.He apparently is desperate to get more involved but they are working carefully through a planned programme.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:04 pm

giokingkladze wrote:Any word on the severity of Tevez/Robi's injuries?

Tevez was kept with the Arg squad for last night's match so won't be back till tomorrow when they will know for sure. I think he is a major doubt for the swamp match. Robinho similarly isn't back yet so they won't know for sure till he is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Cheers Doug. Great news about Johnno. What a boost it'd be for everyone to get him fully fit again after all the tales of his physical & mental deterioration.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Cheers Doug, but arrive late for practice again and you'll be running laps brother.

Mabuhay.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Nice one DH, bad news about Tevez and Robson though hopefully Robbie will play on Saterday as this is a game he could really shine in as for Tevez, i'm just praying he is fit for the swamp as he is bound to score against the scum.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby wyted » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Good update - What is MJ looking like physically? Has he lost any of that podge?!
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 pm

wyted wrote:Good update - What is MJ looking like physically? Has he lost any of that podge?!

He is looking like a powerful footballer and podgeless! I didn't see much of him in action today but it's easy to forget that he is a tall lad and with all the work he has put in in the gym I would say he has a lot of upper body strength which maybe he didnt have before. Hopefully the injury problems don't return and we see the quality player he was who will be like a £20 million signing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
wyted wrote:Good update - What is MJ looking like physically? Has he lost any of that podge?!

He is looking like a powerful footballer and podgeless! I didn't see much of him in action today but it's easy to forget that he is a tall lad and with all the work he has put in in the gym I would say he has a lot of upper body strength which maybe he didnt have before. Hopefully the injury problems don't return and we see the quality player he was who will be like a £20 million signing.

I wish i had as many nutritionists on hand as him ive been training hard and im still carrying timber after shedding a shit load.

Im gonna be living off fucking soup,chicken and bran flakes my whole life.

Barsteward
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I knew he'd do this, if he came back. all that weight could be put to great use.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:41 am

I guess to manage his abdominal problems and to get him used to feeling pain reqires a lot of hard work on his core
Hope it works
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum