England v Germany

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England v Germany

Postby crossan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Grings for the fifth goal. She's the prettiest german player too :-)

Tut,tut that's not PC.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 pm

6 now, thought we ran to hard for the first 30 mins and were gonna run out of steam after 65
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:6 now, thought we ran to hard for the first 30 mins and were gonna run out of steam after 65

they're all pros though aren't they? - ours don't have the same funding so fitness issues are inevitable... another reason to reduce the size of everything by a third.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:What a shit goal that is - she's not caught it one bit - I'd have needed to console our goalie if he conceded that shit in the wednesday league.
Frankly, I'm thinking I'll pull a castor semenya and rip up the world of women's football - in both senses.

Shut up.....!!

They're clearly talented footballers - but they'd benefit from a smaller pitch/goals. no question.

Well i will put a request in the FA that we only play 5a side from now on.

you don't think the pitch is too big? massive pitch = emphasis on pace/power/range of passing/goal keepers - the weakest components of the women's game. Smaller pitch = emphasis on sharp passing/techique/control/movement and grit - the strong components of the women's game. The men could certainly learn a few things from the way they hit challenges (albeit the forces involved are lesser).

Crisp finish that.

No i don't, ive been playing on full size pitches since i was 11 and know no different.

Brownie is a decent goal keeper i assure you and as brave as a lion. She will be gutted when she sees the replays of that 2nd goal. But iv seen David Seamen lobbed and Ben Foster lobbed by Paul Robinson for god sake. Im in the goal keepers union and know Rachel Brown so will stick up for her.

I do think German need to declare know though.....!!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

No i don't, ive been playing on full size pitches since i was 11 and know no different.

Brownie is a decent goal keeper i assure you and as brave as a lion. She will be gutted when she sees the replays of that 2nd goal. But iv seen David Seamen lobbed and Ben Foster lobbed by Paul Robinson for god sake. Im in the goal keepers union and know Rachel Brown so will stick up for her.

I do think German need to declare know though.....!!

That's a problem for the men's game too IMO. Kids shouldn't get near a full size pitch till there 14/15 - develop the technical side of their game, the football brain, that isn't necessary when you can just bunt it to the fast/strong/tall/developed kid... Rugby is suffering from a diminished pool of talent caused by the obscene physical requirements at the top level - football in this country could go the same way (to an extent) if kids are exposed to large pitches too early. Brazil, Spain etc. all play on smaller pitches all the way through their development - and if you want to see a real footballer, put him/her on a five-a-side pitch.

Can you imagine an 11 year old Xavi coming through the academy at Oldham?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Knappe » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:44 pm

German FA had invested a lot of money in women football in the last ten years and the number of young girls playing is fast rising. The team ist quite popular. All their matches -even friendlies- are shown live on german tele. I think, that is just the advantage, german team still have in europe (worldwide Brazil and the US are on the same level)
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby nick (duki blues) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 pm

anyway what about gabby yorath would you or not she looked stunning
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:16 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:anyway what about gabby yorath would you or not she looked stunning

Extremely off topic but I definitely would
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum