City Vs Arseoles

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City Vs Arseoles

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Win or lose, this game will be the biggest indicator of where we are as a force in English football.

heart says 3-1 head says 16-5
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: City Vs Arseoles

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Win or lose, this game will be the biggest indicator of where we are as a force in English football.

heart says 3-1 head says 16-5

Not for long
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:16 am

I think some are putting too much importance on the next two games. Whilst I agree that they are indicators of where we are now, I don't think they are necessarily indicators of where we will end up.
With the players we have, we are capable of winning both games but I don't see a defeat in either or both as the end of the World.
We are still bedding this squad in and there should be a gradual improvement as the season goes on. As this team starts to learn from each other our form should improve.

No matter what happens, I think that bit by bit, things will come together, players will learn and we will climb the league table and press the top four...and possibly...hopefully...end up in the top four ourselves.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 am

john68 wrote:I think some are putting too much importance on the next two games. Whilst I agree that they are indicators of where we are now, I don't think they are necessarily indicators of where we will end up.
With the players we have, we are capable of winning both games but I don't see a defeat in either or both as the end of the World.
We are still bedding this squad in and there should be a gradual improvement as the season goes on. As this team starts to learn from each other our form should improve.

No matter what happens, I think that bit by bit, things will come together, players will learn and we will climb the league table and press the top four...and possibly...hopefully...end up in the top four ourselves.

of course. thank you.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:12 am

Apparently Fabregas will sit this one out as well as the injured duo of Rosicky & Arshavin so our chances of a win have improved even if we are without Tevez & Robbie.

As for the next two games being indicators, i think the games will only indicate how fast the team are gelling together. They will have no bearing on the season as a whole but of course the press will slag us off if we mange to lose both of them. If we manage to avoid defeat in both then that will do for me. Performance means more to me in these two games tbh, positive results will be a bonus.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Crossie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 am

Id reckon on us thrashing Arse, 4-1, then we get too cocky and come crashing down to earth, beaten 0-3 by rags :O(
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am

We're more than capable of beating Arse at home even without Tevez and Robbie. I'd go for 2-1 to us.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:25 am

Crossie wrote:Id reckon on us thrashing Arse, 4-1, then we get too cocky and come crashing down to earth, beaten 0-3 by rags :O(

Surely that's the 'old' City crossie lad :-) This is a new era and while i accept that we are capable of beating both sides i would much prefer a draw double rather than a win and a trouncing.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:44 am

We are more than capable of winning both. If we have to loes one I'd prefer it to be tomorrow . . . anything to shut those rag twats up round my way. Realistically I can see us winning tomorrow and drawing at the swamp . . . whilst keeping clean sheet in both
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:44 am

I really do think we will get a result tomorrow. What I don't want is win or lose for people to think this is the be all and end all as an indication for where we are in terms of challenging the top 4. Remember we hammered them last season at home and we were no where near close to the top 4. In terms of actual indications of how we are fairing I'd say performance is almost as important as result.

In the same vein, if we lose then I don't want to read Hughes out, Lescott is sh!te moan moan moan.

After the first 12 games are a good indication of where everyone is. If we won 10 of them but lost to Arsenal and United then I'd guarantee we'd more than likely be top of the league come November and no one would be moaning about those two results.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 am

Indicator my arse! 2 season ago, we beat the rags TWICE and still managed to be the shittest team in the world after Christmas. Last year we beat Arse convincingly at home, but still managed to end up in mid-table obscurity. It's our away form that is more important and how we do against 'lesser' teams. If we win all our games against the poorer teams and manage to get a few draws and an odd win against the 'big' 4, we should be in with a shout for top-4 finish.
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am

john68 wrote:I think some are putting too much importance on the next two games. Whilst I agree that they are indicators of where we are now, I don't think they are necessarily indicators of where we will end up.

I agree 100% but the media are not gonna see it like this and neither are the rag fans if we lose we will get so much stick. We need to win at least the rags match..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

We can beat this lot but if we do we'll have tp play at least twice as well as the rags did because there's no way Arsenal will make such a complete mess of it & let us off the hook like they did with them.

I think if Ade doesn't get carried away & stays focused then he'll cause them nightmares. We've got a problem with Fabregas coming the other way though; they ran straight through the rags many times & he didn't even play so we're bound to have some hairy moments. If we attack to our capabilities though, then I think we can score more than they do on the day. That'll do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Indicator my arse! 2 season ago, we beat the rags TWICE and still managed to be the shittest team in the world after Christmas. Last year we beat Arse convincingly at home, but still managed to end up in mid-table obscurity. It's our away form that is more important and how we do against 'lesser' teams. If we win all our games against the poorer teams and manage to get a few draws and an odd win against the 'big' 4, we should be in with a shout for top-4 finish.

I do believe in Svens season we had the best record of anyone in the league against the top 4. We were a poor poor side come Feb that season.
ross.mcfc

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Indicator my arse! 2 season ago, we beat the rags TWICE and still managed to be the shittest team in the world after Christmas. Last year we beat Arse convincingly at home, but still managed to end up in mid-table obscurity. It's our away form that is more important and how we do against 'lesser' teams. If we win all our games against the poorer teams and manage to get a few draws and an odd win against the 'big' 4, we should be in with a shout for top-4 finish.

I do believe in Svens season we had the best record of anyone in the league against the top 4. We were a poor poor side come Feb that season.

That just proves my point. Can't remember what we did against the other 3 anymore actually! Think we had 2 goalless draws with the scousers but fucl knows what we did against Chelski and Arse?
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

That just proves my point. Can't remember what we did against the other 3 anymore actually! Think we had 2 goalless draws with the scousers but fucl knows what we did against Chelski and Arse?

That was it. Really shows the different in class when it comes to the top 4 and the rest if thats the best there was.

6-0 Chelsea away, 2-0 at home I think

1-0 Arsenal away and maybe 3-1 at home. I dont remember much from that game apart from a Gelson Fendandes goal.
ross.mcfc

Postby bluemoon man » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

I would be happy with a point, delerious with 3 points. For me I want to see a performance. Up to now we've managed to score in each game and keep a clean sheet which is vital especially when you consider that most of us were worried about our defence at the start of the season.
What I don't want is us being humbled by a quality Arsenal side - I don't think this will happen as we've got so much quality in our side now but I would have liked Tevez in there too (pity). A good all-round performance throughout the team should see us come out with something but no doubt this is a true test.
bluemoon man
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: stephen Ireland

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

I want a 1-0 with Shay Given scoring. Gets me that little bit closer to Abu Dhabi.....
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby miss-mancity » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 pm

1-1
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Return to The Maine Football forum