Training Friday 11/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 11/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Good news bad news. The bad we already know about Tevez but it's not looking to good re Robinho who was getting scanned today to check the extent of his injury. Great today to see Johnno working with the main squad but also there were RSC ,Benji and Vinnie working on one to ones . Hopefully RSC joins the main squad next week.Included with the group today were Clayton , Vidal and Ball.

It seemed a mixture of upbeat today plus maybe a touch of tiredness in a few after the internationals and the travelling around which takes it's toll. At different times a little extra work and stretching was done with Lescott and Ade. No hints of injury just physios doing their jobs. Plenty of fun around in the warm up routines , often involving SWP and NDJ but clear to see everyone in good spirits. Work was then done with the Arsenal game in mind with passing movements and closing down players , basically all the stuff you would expect.

It all finished with a full game on half a pitch so there was very little room to play and certainly no time on the ball. The emphasis very much on instant control , awareness of players around and quick passing. Johnno didn't set the world alight but fitted in very well . It's just great to see him fully involved and free of injuries ( touch wood) No goals in this short game so it was decided to finish with penalty decider. Weiss was up first and Stu Taylor saved it. Barry for the other team sent Shay the wrong way. Barry for pens maybe!!

As it all finished most jogged away to warm down but a few did a little finishing practice and that all ended with crosses from Kevin Hitchcock for Bowen and Hughes. Suffice to say they weren't very good. Hughes connected well but was clearing the net behind the net! He did eventually score but I think the keeper might have taken pity on him in the end. Not sure Bowen even got close.

Nice moment when Gunnar Nielsen was close by we congratulated him on the Faroes win in midweek. First in 5 years apparently in qualifiers and although he was only on the bench he did get the win bonus and was chuffed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 11/9

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Grateful as always Doug.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Good news bad news. The bad we already know about Tevez but it's not looking to good re Robinho who was getting scanned today to check the extent of his injury. Great today to see Johnno working with the main squad but also there were RSC ,Benji and Vinnie working on one to ones . Hopefully RSC joins the main squad next week.Included with the group today were Clayton , Vidal and Ball.

It seemed a mixture of upbeat today plus maybe a touch of tiredness in a few after the internationals and the travelling around which takes it's toll. At different times a little extra work and stretching was done with Lescott and Ade. No hints of injury just physios doing their jobs. Plenty of fun around in the warm up routines , often involving SWP and NDJ but clear to see everyone in good spirits. Work was then done with the Arsenal game in mind with passing movements and closing down players , basically all the stuff you would expect.

It all finished with a full game on half a pitch so there was very little room to play and certainly no time on the ball. The emphasis very much on instant control , awareness of players around and quick passing. Johnno didn't set the world alight but fitted in very well . It's just great to see him fully involved and free of injuries ( touch wood) No goals in this short game so it was decided to finish with penalty decider. Weiss was up first and Stu Taylor saved it. Barry for the other team sent Shay the wrong way. Barry for pens maybe!!

As it all finished most jogged away to warm down but a few did a little finishing practice and that all ended with crosses from Kevin Hitchcock for Bowen and Hughes. Suffice to say they weren't very good. Hughes connected well but was clearing the net behind the net! He did eventually score but I think the keeper might have taken pity on him in the end. Not sure Bowen even got close.

Nice moment when Gunnar Nielsen was close by we congratulated him on the Faroes win in midweek. First in 5 years apparently in qualifiers and although he was only on the bench he did get the win bonus and was chuffed.

Pity? Whoever was between the sticks would've never played for the Club again had he NOT let one in.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Hart should have known better.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Biamp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Cheers Doug, and great news re Johnno hopefully he will be back in the first team sooner than everyone expected.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby PalmettoBlue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:05 pm

henrywinter: Just been to City training ground. Real air of optimism and determination emanating from Hughes and Adebayor.
PalmettoBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:10 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:henrywinter: Just been to City training ground. Real air of optimism and determination emanating from Hughes and Adebayor.

Only those two! I don't think he was looking hard enough
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Good news bad news. The bad we already know about Tevez but it's not looking to good re Robinho who was getting scanned today to check the extent of his injury. Great today to see Johnno working with the main squad but also there were RSC ,Benji and Vinnie working on one to ones . Hopefully RSC joins the main squad next week.Included with the group today were Clayton , Vidal and Ball.

so was this the bad news?

Edit: Fucking GEt Innn.. the 1000th post..

I cant believe I made it about Benjani.. ruined it !!!!
Last edited by Abu Dhabi on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Cheers Doug.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:52 pm

As always, thanks Doug
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:27 pm

I had a look today & agree the spirit through the whole squad looks great. Johnno did nothing special, as Doug mentioned but he's a brick shithouse now compared to what he was, yet looks nice & light on his feet. If he does come through this I can imagine him being one seriously tough bastard in midfield, to add to his obvious skill. Good on him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I had a look today & agree the spirit through the whole squad looks great. Johnno did nothing special, as Doug mentioned but he's a brick shithouse now compared to what he was, yet looks nice & light on his feet. If he does come through this I can imagine him being one seriously tough bastard in midfield, to add to his obvious skill. Good on him.

....thereby removing all doubt about which was the real Johnno in that Mandela photo - the bouncer on the left!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I had a look today & agree the spirit through the whole squad looks great. Johnno did nothing special, as Doug mentioned but he's a brick shithouse now compared to what he was, yet looks nice & light on his feet. If he does come through this I can imagine him being one seriously tough bastard in midfield, to add to his obvious skill. Good on him.

Wave to me next time you get down there Ted , would be nice to say hello.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:11 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:

so was this the bad news?

Edit: Fucking GEt Innn.. the 1000th post..

I cant believe I made it about Benjani.. ruined it !!!!

ha ha nice one Abue Dhabi, made me LOL that one
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:30 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Wave to me next time you get down there Ted , would be nice to say hello.

Would've said hello but I don't know what you look like! Chatted with a few people but if/when I get down there again in the future I'll ask around.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:38 am

Just look for the old git with grey hair and not much of it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just look for the old git with grey hair and not much of it.

Ok will do ;-)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum