Watching liveonlinefooty on the telly

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Watching liveonlinefooty on the telly

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:17 am

Spent more than a week setting up the system bits and pieces so we dont have to sit in the 'office' now huddled around the PC monitor to watch City games. It is fed to the main HD telly, all ready for the Arsenal game.

I know some did this on a laptop a little while ago, but if anyone wants any pointers as to the pitfalls along the way I'll let you know. You need a newish computer (less than a year ish) with a digital output (according to a bloke at Dell) (preferably HDMI but can be adaptor). HD telly with correct inputs obviously (HDMI & speakers).

Also just noticed that liveonlinefooty are now offering 3 and 6 month passes instead of the usual day. Have gone for the 6 month (£16.99 I think) in the hope this isn't a prelude to the site disappearing like footyonline.tv!! Makes it about 50 pence a match.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Watching liveonlinefooty on the telly

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:40 am

i got a yearly pass for 20 off onlinefooty and since theyve gone bust it now works on liveonline so happy days!

i will need pointers soon enough cos plan on doin the same, my laptops less than ayear old but its basic whats a hdmi slot or canyou break it down for a dumbo like me?

cheers
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:58 am

My laptop is a year old Dell Inspiron and for the games shown on the OS I just plugged a VGA lead in my laptop to the back of the tv, as it was a decent feed the picture was good. However the feeds I get on the normal streams dont look good at all. I think this afternoons game will be listened to on the radio.

rural x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:40 am

Dubciteh wrote:i got a yearly pass for 20 off onlinefooty and since theyve gone bust it now works on liveonline so happy days!

i will need pointers soon enough cos plan on doin the same, my laptops less than ayear old but its basic whats a hdmi slot or canyou break it down for a dumbo like me?

cheers

This HDMI stuff was all new to me a couple of weeks ago, although I'm an experienced home network user!

HDMI is a different sort of plug and lead to USB etc, like a USB but with 2 angled corners, same socket at PC and TV ends. You may have a slot - check all the ports and if there's one you don't know it may be it! Check your manual and maybe ring the laptop supplier. Otherwise as I say you can get an adaptor as long as you have a 'digital' output. They all say HDMI is by far the best connection/picture.

Probably easier with a laptop - I have to run 10m of HDMI cable and speaker cable from the PC on matchdays - upsets the missus no end. Cables and adaptors through 'cablestogo', 'dabs.com' or someone like that.

I had the added hazard that my HDMI output from the PC didn't come from the main graphic card, but from the secondary on the motherboard - so every match day I have to disable the first and plug the other monitor into the top plugs -need to disable it on start-up etc, complicated but OK when you get used to it!

Then you have to muck about with all the monitor settings so you clone the display etc on the 'second' monitor - your TV.

If your computer is still on guarantee or something make use of their helpline.

Definition of HDMI:

http://www.hdmi.com/consumer/hd_experience.aspx
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby giokingkladze » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:02 am

When watching the match on a 10cm box, the picture is ok but when spread out over 30+" on tv, does it not become terribly poor quality??
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:37 am

giokingkladze wrote:When watching the match on a 10cm box, the picture is ok but when spread out over 30+" on tv, does it not become terribly poor quality??

Not these days mate. Our telly is 37" and the liveonlinefooty picture was great expanded out to that. Not perfect for the HD purists but nothing bad as to make it annoying. Wouldn't want to try those free feeds though.

Also worth mentioning that the stream never got disconnected once throughout the match.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum