** Official Match Thread: Arsenal Home **

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ** Official Match Thread: Arsenal Home **

Postby BmoreBlue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:04 pm

shawzy wrote:Cant put into words how fookin over the bluemoon i am.What a great game lads.
No Tevez or Robson and we still dicked those cunts 4-2.
Dont ya just love bein a City fsn.
Well done Hughes

that's a great point - we didn't even have two of our top players - bellamy was immense covering, he's a great fit as a squad player. now i just hope that robbie and tevez come back strong next week, although i'm doubtful over tevez
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:04 pm

When they added on the four minutes, I almost felt my heart thud. Way to pull it out. Given made some amazing saves
on some real bullets.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:Really hard to picka MOTM today. Bellers, Ade, Toure are my top three. I thought de Jong looked out of place at the beginning, but he really played well. Barry was good to, and Given saved us a on numerous occasions.

Its Bellamy for me Shawnies goal was all about Bellamys work rate , Agree on Given what a buy he is proving to be , Ade great celebration for his goal , hahaha
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Alfie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 pm

lost my voice and over the moon, fckn hell, get in there!
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:11 pm

WELL DONE CITY!!!! I'M SO PROUD RIGHT NOW
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Kyle wrote:Excluding the last 10 minutes of the game (It was already over), I was so impressed with our grit and physicality out there. De Jong proved everyone right, he can sit in the hole against the big teams and push them around and get them off thier fluidity. Great watch! Time to put the smile on my face to good use, off to the bars!

Funny, what I saw was him watching the game pass him by most of the time, getting stuck in when it came near enough and tackling without ACTUALLY winning the ball. Oh yeah, let's forget the half dozen times or so when he was the reason one of our moves fell apart or when he gave them the ball and started a good arsenal attack in a very good position.

People are willing themselves into thinking we have the next Hamann, we haven't, he isn't and the one player who stands out as a different class is De Jong, even Richards is starting to look like he belongs in this side.

Reality is. We play with Barry Ireland and SWP=0 goals conceded in 360 minutes of football. Add Dejong=2 goals in 90 minutes conceded. Aren't we supposed to be MORE defensively stable with him in the side?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Slim wrote:
Kyle wrote:Excluding the last 10 minutes of the game (It was already over), I was so impressed with our grit and physicality out there. De Jong proved everyone right, he can sit in the hole against the big teams and push them around and get them off thier fluidity. Great watch! Time to put the smile on my face to good use, off to the bars!

Funny, what I saw was him watching the game pass him by most of the time, getting stuck in when it came near enough and tackling without ACTUALLY winning the ball. Oh yeah, let's forget the half dozen times or so when he was the reason one of our moves fell apart or when he gave them the ball and started a good arsenal attack in a very good position.

People are willing themselves into thinking we have the next Hamann, we haven't, he isn't and the one player who stands out as a different class is De Jong, even Richards is starting to look like he belongs in this side.

Reality is. We play with Barry Ireland and SWP=0 goals conceded in 360 minutes of football. Add Dejong=2 goals in 90 minutes conceded. Aren't we supposed to be MORE defensively stable with him in the side?

now now mate lets not spoil the fun and lets just enjoy the moment.
cityPinoy_fc

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:18 pm

cityPinoy_fc wrote:
Slim wrote:

There are heroes abound today, we have no need to invent them out of the mediocre.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Slim wrote:
cityPinoy_fc wrote:
Slim wrote:

There are heroes abound today, we have no need to invent them out of the mediocre.

i don't necessarily agree with you. i think he played well today not MOTM performance but well enough i'm just trying to prevent the possibility of city fans potentially slagging off each other. Love love peace peace what an awesome day it is.
cityPinoy_fc

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Slim wrote:

We have just put 4 goals past the gunners.Our hardest test by far and we had a weakened team.De jong aint even been playin regular and imo did a good job.Chillout Slim and celebrate one of our best wins of the season.You should be on a wanfest like the rest of us lol
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:Really hard to picka MOTM today. Bellers, Ade, Toure are my top three. I thought de Jong looked out of place at the beginning, but he really played well. Barry was good to, and Given saved us a on numerous occasions.

And Bridge, he had another excellent game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Trautmann » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Bear60 wrote:We have arrived .

Indeed. We looked quality out there. Sweetness.....now for the big one
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby david yearsley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Spuds 1-0 Defoe - 1st min
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:36 pm

shawzy wrote:
Slim wrote:

We have just put 4 goals past the gunners.Our hardest test by far and we had a weakened team.De jong aint even been playin regular and imo did a good job.Chillout Slim and celebrate one of our best wins of the season.You should be on a wanfest like the rest of us lol

The same reason why I don't cry like a little bitch when we lose is because win or lose I like to think I can look at things objectively. When people are giving De Jong a fucking 10!!!!! in player ratings and talking about how much play he broke up.

GET THE REPLAYS AND WATCH DE JONG DURING THE SECOND ARSENAL GOAL.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:36 pm

First half Bridge was MOM for me and second half I cant pick between ADE,Bellers ann SWP.
Also thought Micah had a great game along with De Jong
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Slim wrote:

I mentioned earlier he's like a better Gelson Fernandes.

He's nothing special.

I'd rather have Kompany in there when he's back to fitness.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mike J » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:41 pm

some of the comments in this thread after arsenal scored their 1st are fucking laughable.

well done city.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Slim wrote:Reality is. We play with Barry Ireland and SWP=0 goals conceded in 360 minutes of football. Add Dejong=2 goals in 90 minutes conceded. Aren't we supposed to be MORE defensively stable with him in the side?

But let's not forget: 0 goals conceded against Portsmouth, Blackburn and Wolves; 2 against Arsenal.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Slim wrote:Reality is. We play with Barry Ireland and SWP=0 goals conceded in 360 minutes of football. Add Dejong=2 goals in 90 minutes conceded. Aren't we supposed to be MORE defensively stable with him in the side?

What an inbred argument! Or are you going to imply Portsmouth, Blackburn or Wolves are every bit as good going forward as Arsenal are ???????? Always wondered why Arsenal have Fabregas, Rosicky and ver Persie pulling the string when they could've had Dunn, Diouf and Jason Roberts.....you might have a point actually!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Slim wrote:

The same reason why I don't cry like a little bitch when we lose is because win or lose I like to think I can look at things objectively. When people are giving De Jong a fucking 10!!!!! in player ratings and talking about how much play he broke up.

GET THE REPLAYS AND WATCH DE JONG DURING THE SECOND ARSENAL GOAL.

Dont give a fook about tearing individual performances apart like you do.We have just beat the Gunners 4-2,SWP played much worse than De Jong but i still luv the lil fooker and wont slate him.
Anyway not gettin into any bitchin with you.That was an amazing win without Robbie and Tevez.Im on cloud 9 and those rag clunts are losin 1-0 as well :-)#
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum