craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
I'm not going to bother searching em from the old site but his competitive nature boiling over has been clear in few occasions. Like I said, how that affects dressing room spirit especially if things aren't going our way, like they aer right now, remains to be seen.

He has kicked off with players in just about every club he has played in (and there's few of those) at one stage or another, so the imply that he isn't bit of a loose cannon would be making him sound something he isn't. Whether Hughes and the Taffia can control him like other managers can't is another thing.

Didn't think so. Yes he shows his passion in training games/practice matches because to him it matters but the phrase "boiling over " I would say is your emotive way to exagerate things. The fact that he will have a go when somebody does something sloppy or whatever is part of the competitive player he is and that I believe a squad needs and benefits from.

From what I have seen and heard last year when things weren't going so well his attitude and voice in the dressing room was beneficial. He will say things as they are and to me that's a good thing as long as it doesn't go too far and to date it certainly hasn't. If there are ( were) people in that dressing room that didn't take to that very well then maybe they were in the wrong dressing room.

So basically you are saying exactly the same that I was saying. Him having a go at people may work with some and may piss off others. Your opinion that it's all benficial is just that, your opinion.

Like I said, we will see.

except you said he was a dickhead and DH said he was competitive and beneficial for the team.
Nearly exactly the same thing.

Moaning at your mates at work for their effort is bit dickheadish imo. Sometimes perhaps needed but dickheadish nevertheless.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 pm

For the Record he Bolloks Weiss all the time, but only because he knows what a top player he will be. Bellamy is the sort of lad if your shit he leaves you alone if you are good he bothers with ya. Loads of examples of that from people who care. It is the fookers who pick up the pay packet in anything and do not give a toss I have no time for. That goes for all walks of life, Bellamy IMO is a loon but likes thing right. I am warming to him and on Saturday he was oustanding.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Hazy wrote:For the Record he Bolloks Weiss all the time, but only because he knows what a top player he will be. Bellamy is the sort of lad if your shit he leaves you alone if you are good he bothers with ya. Loads of examples of that from people who care. It is the fookers who pick up the pay packet in anything and do not give a toss I have no time for. That goes for all walks of life, Bellamy IMO is a loon but likes thing right. I am warming to him and on Saturday he was oustanding.

I think Robinho said something similar. He was confused by Bellamy at first but eventually figured out that he's not screaming abuse at you because he's annoyed at you. He just has a different threshold for using bad language.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Nicely responded, fair play to you mate!

Ok, so you feel like we play too much long ball? We play fantastic passing football, as all of our goals and other attacks proved. Having Ade who is ALSO an excellent target man is a great option, but not our preferential play by any means. We out passed and outplayed arsenal, so you'r fears on long ball play whilst butchering the opponents I hope have been allayed.

Our academy - it has not 'absolutely' gone downhill, have you lost your mind? You're jumping the gun again, although you do mention "this remains to be seen" which was exactly where most of your "concerns" and "fears" lie - in a speculative future. Another fear that has not come true then.

Are we struggling? You say, no - not right now.... that's another fear allayed for now... you again mention "it remains to be seen"... so more fears are being held in this speculative future.

Bellamy - you were out and out against his signing by any means,using it as a stab at hughes and voicing major "concern" and "fear" over this one. The fact we didn't win the Uefa Cup was hardly the players fault. He did score a couple of very important goals in the competition though and has been a fantastic asset to the team since he signed. Another fear allayed then.

Lastly, Doug has never said he causes dressing room unrest or that he's a dickhead. That's merely the way you chose to interpret his match reports so that you could still harbour these completely unfounded fears you have.

Moral of the story?

Don't be scared Antii.

Thought I'd re post this as you seem to have missed it... maybe you didn't, maybe you do have answers... what is it you live and die by? Oh yes that's it....

"It remains to be seen"

That should be your new username!
Original Dub

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
I'm not going to bother searching em from the old site but his competitive nature boiling over has been clear in few occasions. Like I said, how that affects dressing room spirit especially if things aren't going our way, like they aer right now, remains to be seen.

He has kicked off with players in just about every club he has played in (and there's few of those) at one stage or another, so the imply that he isn't bit of a loose cannon would be making him sound something he isn't. Whether Hughes and the Taffia can control him like other managers can't is another thing.

Didn't think so. Yes he shows his passion in training games/practice matches because to him it matters but the phrase "boiling over " I would say is your emotive way to exagerate things. The fact that he will have a go when somebody does something sloppy or whatever is part of the competitive player he is and that I believe a squad needs and benefits from.

From what I have seen and heard last year when things weren't going so well his attitude and voice in the dressing room was beneficial. He will say things as they are and to me that's a good thing as long as it doesn't go too far and to date it certainly hasn't. If there are ( were) people in that dressing room that didn't take to that very well then maybe they were in the wrong dressing room.

So basically you are saying exactly the same that I was saying. Him having a go at people may work with some and may piss off others. Your opinion that it's all benficial is just that, your opinion.

Like I said, we will see.

except you said he was a dickhead and DH said he was competitive and beneficial for the team.
Nearly exactly the same thing.

Moaning at your mates at work for their effort is bit dickheadish imo. Sometimes perhaps needed but dickheadish nevertheless.

So is moaning at your mates on the messageboard dickheadish or benificial? I'll let you be the judge of that...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby justlurkin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello to everyone. Have been browsing this messageboard for a while but have never posted.

In relation to Bellamy, i thought he was man of the match on saturday and if he can do that when fit for the games that he plays in then he will be an asset for the rest of the season. The question of whether he was worth 14 million or is injury prone or is a typical hughes signing shouldn't come into it. When he plays in the jersey and gives one 100 percent is all that matters.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm

justlurkin wrote:Hello to everyone. Have been browsing this messageboard for a while but have never posted.

In relation to Bellamy, i thought he was man of the match on saturday and if he can do that when fit for the games that he plays in then he will be an asset for the rest of the season. The question of whether he was worth 14 million or is injury prone or is a typical hughes signing shouldn't come into it. When he plays in the jersey and gives one 100 percent is all that matters.

Welcome aboard mate! Have you been 'justlurkin' for a while then? Boom boom.

Exactly right - if football is a results business, then players are in the performance business and his on the whole have been excellent for the most part IMO.

And the reason he got this thread was because he was amazing on Sat.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm

justlurkin wrote:Hello to everyone. Have been browsing this messageboard for a while but have never posted.

Well said Gurkin! You are one decent Marrow ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm

I've always known Bellamy has been a good player my concerns were over his history of injuries, being the wrong side of 30 and the possibility of him causing unrest in the dressing room.

However all things considered he's been an excellent buy from Hughes and I'm glad he's here.

On saturday he was absolutely brilliant.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm

edge275 wrote:I've always known Bellamy has been a good player my concerns were over his history of injuries, being the wrong side of 30 and the possibility of him causing unrest in the dressing room.

However all things considered he's been an excellent buy from Hughes and I'm glad he's here.

On saturday he was absolutely brilliant.

I was concerned with his injury record. I wasn't concerned with him causing unrest because that's the last thing hughes would have done in January and he knows Bellamy better than any of us.

But one way or the other, you're right - he's been excellent and I'm glad he's here too.

Move over in the bed there.
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Moaning at your mates at work for their effort is bit dickheadish imo. Sometimes perhaps needed but dickheadish nevertheless.

dickheadish? here's an analogy from my working life:

i worked as a chef for 6 years, mostly in small-to-medium sized restaurants. in a working situation like that you are part of a small team, who know each other pretty well. if one person on the team is not pulling their weight for whatever reason, the whole of the rest of the team suffers greatly, and it will also adversely affect the performance of the restaurant as a whole. i have told workmates, and been told by workmates to buck the fuck up in situations like this. do you think this was dickheadish?
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:21 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Moaning at your mates at work for their effort is bit dickheadish imo. Sometimes perhaps needed but dickheadish nevertheless.

i worked as a chef for 6 years, mostly in small-to-medium sized restaurants. in a working situation like that you are part of a small team, who know each other pretty well. if one person on the team is not pulling their weight for whatever reason, the whole of the rest of the team suffers greatly, and it will also adversely affect the performance of the restaurant as a whole. i have told workmates, and been told by workmates to buck the fuck up in situations like this. do you think this was dickheadish?

Yes. Especially if you weren't the boss.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:28 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

its different from in an office - someone's laziness is directly making you, and your performance suffer. i would consider having a word in their ear a right. good teams are built on honesty between teammates - and i have been kitchen porter all the way up to head chef.
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

its different from in an office - someone's laziness is directly making you, and your performance suffer. i would consider having a word in their ear a right. good teams are built on honesty between teammates - and i have been kitchen porter all the way up to head chef.

Half of my work is about supervising construction sites and working with hard as rusty nails contractors. You know what, I never yell at them or moan or whine. Lot of people in same line of duty do as that's the only way they feel they can control contractors. When I start working with new contractor, I invite him to talk with me face to face. Then I will explain him nicely but firmly what I'm on about. If he can do the job the way I ask him to do it and without trying to bullshit me we'll get along just fine and I'll use him in future as well. If he tries to fuck me over by not meeting the targets or by fucking with the financial side, I will fire them without hesitation and find someone I can trust. Now we are on the same page and usually everything goes well, I don't fuck about with them and treat them like adults and I expect the same from them.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:12 am

clearly two different definitions of dickhead ;-)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum