craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 am

dazby wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

WOW. That's very bad example from you that. I voiced my fear that Bellamy signing would push Sturridge further away from the first team and in worst case give him one more reason to leave the club in summer. I, for one, would've rather kept Sturridge than signed Bellamy.

You was fucking bang on aswell mate! Thanks to us signing Bellamy he was pushed out and left the squad..

Yes Vhero and NQDP, the Bellamy signing was what pushed Studge out the door. THAT was the reason.

FFS.

Try reading what I actually posted. I said it was one MORE reason for him. And at that stage I felt we should've done whatever we can to keep hold of him...... certainly not piss on his chips by getting in replacement.

I stand by that opinion..... although it's all water under the bridge now that we are in title fight!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

to blame bellamy for leaving the club is ludicrous - that lad was always off
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 am

MY. FUCKING. GOD.

you lot need a word with yourselves.

yes. Bellemy deserves his own thread. he was amazing.

no need for the 4 pages of paranoid arguements following though. Pathetic.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

bringing in Corradi, Samaras, Bojinov, Bianchi, Caicedo, Jo, Benjani and later being very publicly connected with RSC probably had no impact, but that Bellamy bastard,. that was IT.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am

It's about time we started letting Bellamy know that he's appreciated by the vast majority of fans. Looking at him sat on the pitch, knackered, at the end of the game after giving absolutely everything & then hearing the announcement that Adebayor was 'man of the match', I wondered if he'd be thinking 'what the fuck do I have to do?' He doesn't get enough respect imo & he's earned it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 am

Hopefully someone points him to our MoTM poll
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 am

WOW. That's very bad example from you that. I voiced my fear that Bellamy signing would push Sturridge further away from the first team and in worst case give him one more reason to leave the club in summer. I, for one, would've rather kept Sturridge than signed Bellamy.

Sorry mate. As I said the OP was not always critical it was the thread contents I was after when asked to 'justify' my post that many posted vitriol against Bellers by Mr Slim. Wont re-tread the Studge argument!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It's about time we started letting Bellamy know that he's appreciated by the vast majority of fans. Looking at him sat on the pitch, knackered, at the end of the game after giving absolutely everything & then hearing the announcement that Adebayor was 'man of the match', I wondered if he'd be thinking 'what the fuck do I have to do?' He doesn't get enough respect imo & he's earned it.

Abso-fucking-lutely
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It's about time we started letting Bellamy know that he's appreciated by the vast majority of fans. Looking at him sat on the pitch, knackered, at the end of the game after giving absolutely everything & then hearing the announcement that Adebayor was 'man of the match', I wondered if he'd be thinking 'what the fuck do I have to do?' He doesn't get enough respect imo & he's earned it.

True, but you can also understand why they gave it to Adebayor. Means a lot to get it against his old club. When the dust settled down I might start a thread about it because I have never seen fans take a dislike to a player in the way they've done to Adebayor. From day one they were on his case and they accepted him grudgingly, at best, when he was scoring for fun and keeping them from slipping out of the top4.

That sort of brings my round to Bellamy and the discussion of the existence of this thread. The fact is that most posters here didn't want him to come, to put it mildly, myself included. I'm pleased as punch to be able to say that I was wrong (even if he was missing for months last year and only played 8 league games).

I don't want this to be a forum where people ignore criticism of players when they're playing well but bring it up when a few results go against us. Similarly, I have little time for people bleating on about they were right and everyone else was wrong. We all knew that Bellamy can be a good player and that he had played well for Hughes, but we'd all seen the other stuff too and we didn't know which Craig Bellamy we'd end up getting.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 am

Slim wrote: Your dad and sister must have had too many children when you popped out, surprised them both cause it was just a general assumption that she was a morbidly obese cow.

not worthy
bottom of the barrel
thought more of you than that
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am

Do you really think that Craig Bellamy cares what whatever corporate sponsor for the day thought was man of the match?
ross.mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am

ross.mcfc wrote:

Do you really think that Craig Bellamy cares what whatever corporate sponsor for the day thought was man of the match?

I thought it was SMS vote.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:06 am

ross.mcfc wrote:

Well I'll rephrase that then. Do you really think Craig Bellamy cares that people stupid enough to spend money on a text for a man of the match vote think.
ross.mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Well I'll rephrase that then. Do you really think Craig Bellamy cares that people stupid enough to spend money on a text for a man of the match vote think.

We are talking about man who went to mouth off to Wales supporters because few of them had given him stick. Yes I do.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 am

ronk wrote:

True, but you can also understand why they gave it to Adebayor. Means a lot to get it against his old club. When the dust settled down I might start a thread about it because I have never seen fans take a dislike to a player in the way they've done to Adebayor. From day one they were on his case and they accepted him grudgingly, at best, when he was scoring for fun and keeping them from slipping out of the top4.

That sort of brings my round to Bellamy and the discussion of the existence of this thread. The fact is that most posters here didn't want him to come, to put it mildly, myself included. I'm pleased as punch to be able to say that I was wrong (even if he was missing for months last year and only played 8 league games).

I don't want this to be a forum where people ignore criticism of players when they're playing well but bring it up when a few results go against us. Similarly, I have little time for people bleating on about they were right and everyone else was wrong. We all knew that Bellamy can be a good player and that he had played well for Hughes, but we'd all seen the other stuff too and we didn't know which Craig Bellamy we'd end up getting.

That's right, no one wanted him & he knew it; even thanking us for 'giving him a chance' when he arrived. Well he's taken his chance & he's proved us all wrong. It's time we accepted him fully as a City player & let him know we're behind him rather than just putting up with him until someone 'better' comes along. On the strength of Saturday's performance we wouldn't be able to sign anyone better. He played for our team like his life depended on it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 am

Even though he is not the type of player I like to watch, on Saturday he was immense and easily MOM, how they gave it to Adebayor I will never know, I didn't think Ade had half as much impact as Bellamy did at weekend, he (Bellers) was everywhere and hassling them all day, Ade did well in his role, but not better than Bellamy or De Jong on the day, who I thought were the best two City players on the pitch.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Dronny » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote: Your dad and sister must have had too many children when you popped out, surprised them both cause it was just a general assumption that she was a morbidly obese cow.

not worthy
bottom of the barrel
thought more of you than that

I think in the interests of fairness to Slim that you point out that his response above was due to my hurtful, snide comment that perhaps he'd had too many Fosters....I mean, perhaps I did overstep the mark?

BTW as in my reply to him, it was merely to be expected. After all some posters find it difficult to handle when they are questioned and their ability to respond with personal attacks is just a defence mechanism.
Last edited by Dronny on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bobadji » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 am

I thought Bellamy would be an awful signing, £15mill is a lot of money and i expected him to leave in the summer for half that. He's done nothing wrong while here and had a fantastic game on Saturday. No offence to the lad though, I would not fancy him leading the line on Sunday.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am

bobadji wrote:I thought Bellamy would be an awful signing, £15mill is a lot of money and i expected him to leave in the summer for half that. He's done nothing wrong while here and had a fantastic game on Saturday. No offence to the lad though, I would not fancy him leading the line on Sunday.

Can I ask why not? The guy works hard and can score goals...I'd love to see him harrassing Plug and Igor
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Fish111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 am

I didn't want the abusive, snide, trouble-causing little tosser anywhere near my club when i heard we might be signing him. I have eaten more than my fair share of humble pie since. He could be as much of a bargain signing as Shay Given if he keeps putting in MOTM match performances like that every week and Robbie would do very well to displace him now.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum