craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby bobadji » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
bobadji wrote:I thought Bellamy would be an awful signing, £15mill is a lot of money and i expected him to leave in the summer for half that. He's done nothing wrong while here and had a fantastic game on Saturday. No offence to the lad though, I would not fancy him leading the line on Sunday.

Can I ask why not? The guy works hard and can score goals...I'd love to see him harrassing Plug and Igor

I just don't think he'd cause them as much trouble as a big man would. It's looking more and more likely that Ade will be out though, and I suppose Tevez/Bellamy both chasing defenders and pressurizing from the front wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 am

Fish111 wrote:I didn't want the abusive, snide, trouble-causing little tosser anywhere near my club when i heard we might be signing him. I have eaten more than my fair share of humble pie since. He could be as much of a bargain signing as Shay Given if he keeps putting in MOTM match performances like that every week and Robbie would do very well to displace him now.

Ah there it is - Honesty.

Excellent, a rarity in this thread. Well in my man.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I didn't want the abusive, snide, trouble-causing little tosser anywhere near my club when i heard we might be signing him. I have eaten more than my fair share of humble pie since. He could be as much of a bargain signing as Shay Given if he keeps putting in MOTM match performances like that every week and Robbie would do very well to displace him now.

I thought I was pretty honest.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Really?

Its just that the impression I get from your posts about all things Bellamy is that under the surface of each post the above feelings are simmering, but never surface.

Good ol fish111 just came out and said it.

I could be getting the complete wrong end of the stick. Maybe you do appreciate that you were wrong and Bellamy is a quality player.

If so, I apologise.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Really?

Its just that the impression I get from your posts about all things Bellamy is that under the surface of each post the above feelings are simmering, but never surface.

I could be getting the complete wrong end of the stick. Maybe you do appreciate that you were wrong and Bellamy is a quality player.

If so, I apologise.

I praised his contribution on very first post I made on this thread. I've also admitted that I don't like him as a person but am happy to see him score goals for us.

Pretty honest don't you think? Rest is just fabrication of imagination.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Really?

If so, I apologise.

I praised his contribution on very first post I made on this thread. I've also admitted that I don't like him as a person but am happy to see him score goals for us.

Pretty honest don't you think? Rest is just fabrication of imagination.

Well full honesty would have been that it annoys you that he gets attention. Because that's what you implied when you said you found it "strange" and full of "wonder" that he had a thread started about him after a fantastic performance.

A few others picked this "agenda" vibe too, so its probably just how you come across. Probably a culture thing... a misunderstanding...

I'm no expert on these things, but I'd say a lot of the silly arguments you end up in are as a result of you presuming something is a disaster before actually ever giving it a hint of a chance. Hughes, Bellamy, Academy's new route... becoming really irate and vocal... riddled with "genuine concern".... things like "just a I feared" after Hughes signs a former player... or we play one game where we used long ball... very very sensationalist...

Actually, how many of your "fears" have come true?

Do we play long ball whilst breaking up the opposition, just like you feared?

Has our academy gone downhill?

Are we struggling as a team?

Is Bellamy shit?

Has he turned the dressing room into shit?

We're all wrong once in a while mate, but a lot of your arguments are based on pure fantasy and speculation about what is GOING to happen. Jsut like with our friend Bellamy.

And the reason you have the likes of dickhead's like me pointing this out is because, like I mentioned above, without a shadow of a doubt if we were playing long ball, struggling as a team, with our dressing room in shit, with our academy going downhill and of course Craig Bellamy playing shit.... you would be all over this board telling everyone how right you were and demanding apologies like you have done on many occassions before.

We have to keep the balance in the force Antii Won Ken Obi :)
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:Actually, how many of your "fears" have come true?

Do we play long ball whilst breaking up the opposition, just like you feared?

We do quite a lot yes. Hughes has found a great targetman in Adebayor and we aren't playing kind of football I'm dreaming off but again results are what really matter.

Has our academy gone downhill?

Absolutely. We have lost the best Academy director in the country to other duties. How much remains to be seen

Are we struggling as a team?

No, not right now but we were heavily struggling last season. Whether this is just a good run or consistent form remains to be seen.

Is Bellamy shit?

Has he turned the dressing room into shit?

I don't think I've ever said Bellamy is shit as such. Just that he is extremely injury prone and not prolific enough for 14m 30 year old striker. Many people, could've been you actually, were telling me he'd fire us into Europe. Well that didn't happen did it? Then again, most people were saying that he is only fix for next six months whereas it seems he has only started playing better after those six months.

Truth is though that Bellamy has scored three league goals for us so far in 12 games. One in every four which I pretty expected his strike rate to be. I didn't and still don't think it's sensible to spend 14m on player with that sort of strike rate with injury and discipline history like his. There would've been better options.

Dressing room? Well reading Douglas' training reports it seems he is pretty dickheadish in training ground so what he has brought in regarding dressing room mentality remains to be seen.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow, I thought Dubby had you there Panty. Yet you responded with answers that I actually agreed with a little bit. Well done.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 pm

"Dressing room? Well reading Douglas' training reports it seems he is pretty dickheadish in training ground so what he has brought in regarding dressing room mentality remains to be seen."

Wow have I really said or implied that!!!! News to me so perhaps as you have a top memory you could point me in the right direction. Bellamy in training is very very good and almost always leading from the front. He shows real competitiveness as he does in matches and maybe some of that attitude might have rubbed off on others. He also stays behind for a bit extra more than most as well.

Is that " pretty dickheadish"? I don't think so.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dronny » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"Dressing room? Well reading Douglas' training reports it seems he is pretty dickheadish in training ground so what he has brought in regarding dressing room mentality remains to be seen."

Wow have I really said or implied that!!!! News to me so perhaps as you have a top memory you could point me in the right direction. Bellamy in training is very very good and almost always leading from the front. He shows real competitiveness as he does in matches and maybe some of that attitude might have rubbed off on others. He also stays behind for a bit extra more than most as well.

Ouch!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"Dressing room? Well reading Douglas' training reports it seems he is pretty dickheadish in training ground so what he has brought in regarding dressing room mentality remains to be seen."

I'm not going to bother searching em from the old site but his competitive nature boiling over has been clear in few occasions. Like I said, how that affects dressing room spirit especially if things aren't going our way, like they aer right now, remains to be seen.

He has kicked off with players in just about every club he has played in (and there's few of those) at one stage or another, so the imply that he isn't bit of a loose cannon would be making him sound something he isn't. Whether Hughes and the Taffia can control him like other managers can't is another thing.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm

this was an opportunity to admit you may have been mistaken.
shame
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dronny » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Ouch!

???? Not a clue what happened there, apologies to one and all.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

Nicely responded, fair play to you mate!

Ok, so you feel like we play too much long ball? We play fantastic passing football, as all of our goals and other attacks proved. Having Ade who is ALSO an excellent target man is a great option, but not our preferential play by any means. We out passed and outplayed arsenal, so you'r fears on long ball play whilst butchering the opponents I hope have been allayed.

Our academy - it has not 'absolutely' gone downhill, have you lost your mind? You're jumping the gun again, although you do mention "this remains to be seen" which was exactly where most of your "concerns" and "fears" lie - in a speculative future. Another fear that has not come true then.

Are we struggling? You say, no - not right now.... that's another fear allayed for now... you again mention "it remains to be seen"... so more fears are being held in this speculative future.

Bellamy - you were out and out against his signing by any means,using it as a stab at hughes and voicing major "concern" and "fear" over this one. The fact we didn't win the Uefa Cup was hardly the players fault. He did score a couple of very important goals in the competition though and has been a fantastic asset to the team since he signed. Another fear allayed then.

Lastly, Doug has never said he causes dressing room unrest or that he's a dickhead. That's merely the way you chose to interpret his match reports so that you could still harbour these completely unfounded fears you have.

Moral of the story?

Don't be scared Antii.
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm not going to bother searching em from the old site but his competitive nature boiling over has been clear in few occasions. Like I said, how that affects dressing room spirit especially if things aren't going our way, like they aer right now, remains to be seen.

He has kicked off with players in just about every club he has played in (and there's few of those) at one stage or another, so the imply that he isn't bit of a loose cannon would be making him sound something he isn't. Whether Hughes and the Taffia can control him like other managers can't is another thing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Didn't think so. Yes he shows his passion in training games/practice matches because to him it matters but the phrase "boiling over " I would say is your emotive way to exagerate things. The fact that he will have a go when somebody does something sloppy or whatever is part of the competitive player he is and that I believe a squad needs and benefits from.

From what I have seen and heard last year when things weren't going so well his attitude and voice in the dressing room was beneficial. He will say things as they are and to me that's a good thing as long as it doesn't go too far and to date it certainly hasn't. If there are ( were) people in that dressing room that didn't take to that very well then maybe they were in the wrong dressing room.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Didn't think so. Yes he shows his passion in training games/practice matches because to him it matters but the phrase "boiling over " I would say is your emotive way to exagerate things. The fact that he will have a go when somebody does something sloppy or whatever is part of the competitive player he is and that I believe a squad needs and benefits from.

From what I have seen and heard last year when things weren't going so well his attitude and voice in the dressing room was beneficial. He will say things as they are and to me that's a good thing as long as it doesn't go too far and to date it certainly hasn't. If there are ( were) people in that dressing room that didn't take to that very well then maybe they were in the wrong dressing room.

So basically you are saying exactly the same that I was saying. Him having a go at people may work with some and may piss off others. Your opinion that it's all benficial is just that, your opinion.

Like I said, we will see.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

So basically you are saying exactly the same that I was saying. Him having a go at people may work with some and may piss off others. Your opinion that it's all benficial is just that, your opinion.

Like I said, we will see.

except you said he was a dickhead and DH said he was competitive and beneficial for the team.
Nearly exactly the same thing.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Fucks sake give it a rest you lot!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:04 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Fucks sake give it a rest you lot!

hahaha correct. Not really worth the effort as whatever I say he would say I said something else.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum