craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby CityGer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Antti, you're having a mare here. I can't believe you think these posts are a dig at you and others who were sceptical about his signing and not just people genuinely posting their appreciation for what was a great display. This is some of daftest stuff I have read from you.

No threads about SWP mean there must be an agenda.
Blues only post about Bellamy to wind me up.
Blues can't enjoy victory without wining me up.

Get a fucking grip. The only person on this board who seems unable to enjoy this victory and one of the performances that helped deliver it is you.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: It's quite obvious though that some people are struggling to enjoy City experience right now. I feel sorry for them.

who the hell are you talking about?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Great performance yesterday. Then again Shaunie was great yesterday as well but I don't see anyone starting threads about him. I wonder why that is?

Shaunie is one of the most, if not the most, popular members of our squad - if he had deserved his own thread after the Arsenal game, he would have got one.
Why do you always have to make these weird comments in threads about people you don't like such as Hughes/Bellemy/De Jong etc?

NQDP is the toppest of the top Blues. we're all doing it wrong.

You must be fucking gutted if we beat rags in derby. Would make you look pretty silly. And let's face it, it's all about how you look.

I thought DHTP was a City fan? Id have expected him to be supporting the blues next week along with you and I.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
I don't know. If I did, I wouldn't ask, right? Bellamy was excellent yesterday but Shaunie has been alongside Barry our best player this season in overall contribution imo. I find it strange that very little are made of his contribution. Last I checked he didn't get single vote in MOM poll for yesterday and half of people voted for Bellamy. I didn't think he was that much better than rest of the lads yesterday.

Oh right, you actually didn't know why it was?!!! I completely read you wrong, I took it you were insinuating that some of us city fans are biased towards Bellamy... even over SWP which would obviously be a ludacris thing to insinuate.

Yet again in this post you say you find it strange... there's fuck all strange about. Bellamy is a quality player and a lot of us knew that.

You slated him more so than everyone and now you're being shown up because you were WRONG.

Deal with it bro. There's nothing "strange" about it. And you don't need to "wonder" anymore.

The truth is out there. You can apologise whenever you're ready because I know how important it is to you that apologies are forthcoming in such situations.

:)

Apologise for what? I still think he is injury prone player and I'd prefer Petrov or Robinho on the left over him. That said, he was excellent yesterday and has had good games for us before so in that sense he has certainly been better than I expected.

But it does seem that some people are completely unable to celebrate our great win yesterday without winding up other people. That's sad state of affairs and I feel sorry for them

Oh no no my friend, this was NEVER about his injury record. If you recall, we ALL knew he was injury prone. So we'll put that to bed immediately. It was absolutely everything else you said about him that was wrong.

For what its worth, I think if we had Robinho or Petrov there instead of Bellamy as you suggest, there's a far stranger chance we would have lost that game.

By the way, I am every bit as delighted as you are with our fabulous win. Its just that there are a lot of double standards knocking around and I know for a fact that if Bellamy fucked up or had a bad game, you would either start a thread about him or contribute strongly within that thread.

I would never have just started a wind up thread on this subject to get at you, but it was you that entered a perfectly justified thread to a fantastic Bellamy performance and then questioned its validity. It showed yet again your agenda towards him and I thought it was the ideal time to highlight the situation.

I was having a pop at Bellamy at any stage. I was just wondering why his performance gets highlighted so much when I thought there were loads of great individual performances yesterday.

I disagree about Robinho/Petrov comment but we'll never know and I'm just happy we won. It's quite obvious though that some people are struggling to enjoy City experience right now. I feel sorry for them.

You seem to feel sorry a lot... maybe its the lack of sunshine...

His performance got highlighted because he was excellent. And the only one on the board who felt he didn't deserve his own thread was you.

And that's because you're wrong.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 pm

CityGer wrote:Antti, you're having a mare here. I can't believe you think these posts are a dig at you and others who were sceptical about his signing and not just people genuinely posting their appreciation for what was a great display. This is some of daftest stuff I have read from you.

Get a fucking grip. The only person on this board who seems unable to enjoy this victory and one of the performances that helped deliver it is you.

I didn't think this topic was wind up aimed at me, why would I think that? Some posts were of course where I was directly mentioned but those had absolutely nothing to do with original post. I posed a genuine question and I started a topic praising SWP while back and said on that one as well how I felt genuinely surprised how little praising SWP seems to get. Only on that thread I was comparing him to some other players which caused no outrage.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:20 pm

CityGer wrote:Antti, you're having a mare here. I can't believe you think these posts are a dig at you and others who were sceptical about his signing and not just people genuinely posting their appreciation for what was a great display. This is some of daftest stuff I have read from you.

I didn't think this topic was wind up aimed at me, why would I think that? Some posts were of course where I was directly mentioned but those had absolutely nothing to do with original post. I posed a genuine question and I started a topic praising SWP while back and said on that one as well how I felt genuinely surprised how little praising SWP seems to get. Only on that thread I was comparing him to some other players which caused no outrage.

Right down to the last post you still insinuate some sort of bias. There's still that hint of "strange" and "wonder" that you felt earlier in this thread, like there are hidden agendas. Don't get me wrong, there certainly are barrell loads of agendas floating around this board.

But those agendas are the ones that can be spotted a mile away.

This thread was a justified tribute to a fantastic performance from a fantastic signing. Both of which you seem to find hard to swallow.

It may hurt that being so vocal on certain subjects can come back and bite you in the ass. And with you being one of the most vocal on subjects such as Craig Bellamy being a shit signing, Hughes being the cause of our academy going backwards & Hughes not good enough to manage us, there's a strong chance more of your arse will be bitten IMO.

Its par for the course.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Right down to the last post you still insinuate some sort of bias. There's still that hint of "strange" and "wonder" that you felt earlier in this thread, like there are hidden agendas. Don't get me wrong, there certainly are barrell loads of agendas floating around this board.

This thread was a justified tribute to a fantastic performance from a fantastic signing. Both of which you seem to find hard to swallow.

It may hurt that being so vocal on certain subjects can come back and bite you in the ass. And with you being one of the most vocal on subjects such as Craig Bellamy being a shit signing, Hughes being the cause of our academy going backwards & Hughes not good enough to manage us, there's a strong chance more of your arse will be bitten IMO.

Its par for the course.

I really can't understand what is your point apart from trying to get some pointless argument going. I said all along that Bellamy was great yesterday but was also surprised to see SWP get very little mention. You somehow turn this into some right/wrong argument. Something DHTP actually started in first page.

This leads me to think that some people are more interested "winning" some personal arguments than how well the club does. If I wanted to wind people up, I would've noted how well we did defensively witout Dunne but I don't feel need for any of that on the back of such fantastic start to the season.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Its par for the course.

I really can't understand what is your point apart from trying to get some pointless argument going. I said all along that Bellamy was great yesterday but was also surprised to see SWP get very little mention. You somehow turn this into some right/wrong argument. Something DHTP actually started in first page.

This leads me to think that some people are more interested "winning" some personal arguments than how well the club does. If I wanted to wind people up, I would've noted how well we did defensively witout Dunne but I don't feel need for any of that on the back of such fantastic start to the season.

everyone in this thread except you thinks you were looking for said "pointless argument".
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:everyone in this thread except you thinks....

Are you sure you're not Dave Wallace?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Was devastated when we signed Bellers but was won over after his performance against Borer and Barcodes, he's one of those that you hate when he's playing against you but love when he's for.

Unbelievable tracking back yesterday on Song (i think) he almost covered as much ground as Ade did to celebrate ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:09 pm

King Kev wrote:

since NQDP entered the fray - all directed at NQDP - literally every person who has replied:

Original Dub wrote: Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know

Wooders wrote:Why do you always have to make these weird comments in threads about people you don't like such as Hughes/Bellemy/De Jong etc?

Original Dub wrote:Yet again in this post you say you find it strange... there's fuck all strange about. Bellamy is a quality player and a lot of us knew that.

You slated him more so than everyone and now you're being shown up because you were WRONG.

Deal with it bro. There's nothing "strange" about it. And you don't need to "wonder" anymore.

The truth is out there. You can apologise whenever you're ready because I know how important it is to you that apologies are forthcoming in such situations.

Dameerto wrote:If you can't see why Bellamy deserved to be MotM you need to watch the game again.

Grob wrote:Well everyone else on the board thought he had a better game than SWP so maybe your wrong?

am I wrong?
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:20 pm

King Kev wrote:

since NQDP entered the fray - all directed at NQDP - literally every person who has replied:

Original Dub wrote: Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know

Wooders wrote:Why do you always have to make these weird comments in threads about people you don't like such as Hughes/Bellemy/De Jong etc?

Original Dub wrote:Yet again in this post you say you find it strange... there's fuck all strange about. Bellamy is a quality player and a lot of us knew that.

Dameerto wrote:If you can't see why Bellamy deserved to be MotM you need to watch the game again.

Grob wrote:Well everyone else on the board thought he had a better game than SWP so maybe your wrong?

am I wrong?

Damertoo and Grob answered to my question. They felt Bellamy was considerable better than SWP. Which is fair enough.

It seems that it was mostly you and Original Dub looking for some hidden meanings which simply weren't there. On my very first post on this thread, thread where you had dragged me in page one eventhough I wasn't even around, I said Bellamy had played really well. I've just been wondering why, imo, SWP isn't getting the praise I feel he deserves. That's all. That would require you and Original Dub admitting that you were actually just looking for argument. Which quite clearly is the case here.

Another thing that I was wondering why Bellamy won MOM here with a landslide whereas people in the game voted Adebayor as mom.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Damertoo and Grob answered to my question. They felt Bellamy was considerable better than SWP. Which is fair enough.

It seems that it was mostly you and Original Dub looking for some hidden meanings which simply weren't there. On my very first post on this thread, thread where you had dragged me in page one eventhough I wasn't even around, I said Bellamy had played really well. I've just been wondering why, imo, SWP isn't getting the praise I feel he deserves. That's all. That would require you and Original Dub admitting that you were actually just looking for argument. Which quite clearly is the case here.

Another thing that I was wondering why Bellamy won MOM here with a landslide whereas people in the game voted Adebayor as mom.

Adebayor got voted MOTM to goad the Arse fans further I'd imagine - and because everyone there, myself included, was caught up in the excitement of his reaction.

Below is my first response to you - I answer your question.

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Great performance yesterday. Then again Shaunie was great yesterday as well but I don't see anyone starting threads about him. I wonder why that is?

Why don't you tell the rest of us why you think that is?

Personally, I think its because Shaunie slowly got better as the game went on and had a very good game by the end of it, where as Bellamy was outstanding for the entire game.

Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know.

I don't know. If I did, I wouldn't ask, right? Bellamy was excellent yesterday but Shaunie has been alongside Barry our best player this season in overall contribution imo. I find it strange that very little are made of his contribution. Last I checked he didn't get single vote in MOM poll for yesterday and half of people voted for Bellamy. I didn't think he was that much better than rest of the lads yesterday.

Why don't you start your own Shaun Wright-Phillips thread? Bellamy was outstanding yesterday - absolutely tireless - most people's MOTM so someone started a thread about him.
Bridge was really good too - where's his thread?
Where's Given's separate thread for his overrall contribution?

Nothing "strange" is going on here.

If you don't understand the connotations of a phrase like "I wonder why that is?" then I apologise. I think that you do though.

Further - I've looked through the entire thread and I categorically do not mention you at any point prior to you entering the thread. You've either made that up to make me look bad, or you've imagined it. Thinking something is all about you is not becoming ;)

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:He was absolutely brilliant today.

Some serious words must have been eaten since we signed him... you know who you are ;)

You'd agree that a) I've not mentioned you at all; b) Many people said many very negative things about the Bellamy signing (I don't care whether you were among them or not.)
Last edited by Dunne's Half-Time Pint on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby conkers » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Because he wasn't at all. What game were you watching?
conkers
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Damertoo and Grob answered to my question. They felt Bellamy was considerable better than SWP. Which is fair enough.

Adebayor got voted MOTM to goad the Arse fans further I'd imagine - and because everyone there, myself included, was caught up in the excitement of his reaction.

Below is my first response to you - I answer your question.

Original Dub wrote:

Why don't you tell the rest of us why you think that is?

Personally, I think its because Shaunie slowly got better as the game went on and had a very good game by the end of it, where as Bellamy was outstanding for the entire game.

Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know.

Why don't you start your own Shaun Wright-Phillips thread? Bellamy was outstanding yesterday - absolutely tireless - most people's MOTM so someone started a thread about him.
Bridge was really good too - where's his thread?
Where's Given's separate thread for his overrall contribution?

Nothing "strange" is going on here.

If you don't understand the connotations of a phrase like "I wonder why that is?" then I apologise. I think that you do though.

Further - I've looked through the entire thread and I categorically do not mention you at any point prior to you entering the thread. You've either made that up to make me look bad, or you've imagined it. Thinking something is all about you is not becoming ;)

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:He was absolutely brilliant today.

Some serious words must have been eaten since we signed him... you know who you are ;)

You'd agree that a) I've not mentioned you at all; b) Many people said many very negative things about the Bellamy signing (I don't care whether you were among them or not.)

Fair enough. Following post was on another thread but essentially about Bellamy.

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:[urlnp=http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=36630&hilit=+bellamy]TOP LINK[/urlnp]

edit: bit of a let down h'actually that. It's mostly NQDP arguing about Jo. Thought it was a Ronseal.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Fair enough. Following post was on another thread but essentially about Bellamy.

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:[urlnp=http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=36630&hilit=+bellamy]TOP LINK[/urlnp]

edit: bit of a let down h'actually that. It's mostly NQDP arguing about Jo. Thought it was a Ronseal.

I thought that a thread entitled "Tell the club we don't want Bellend" would illustrate my point. Then I looked at it and saw that it was mostly you and John arguing about JO. I think it's obvious to everyone that I wasn't goading you in any way - none of what I said, or linked to, was about your opinion of Bellamy, or you - that you chose to interpret it that way says nothing about me.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm

conkers wrote:

I watched the game where SWP set up Ade with great cross and scored a beauty. How about you?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:21 pm

SWP wasn't great yesterday, sorry. Nice bits here and there during 2nd half, but certainly not great overall performance. Loved his contribution though.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:25 pm

conkers wrote:

I watched the game where SWP set up Ade with great cross and scored a beauty. How about you?

He also picked out Micah when Micah stayed forward, so he could run and get a cross in for (I think it was) Bellamy's goal (?)

Incidentally, wasnt there mention of a bet on that lesser City site about Micah not being able to cross?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:SWP wasn't great yesterday, sorry. Nice bits here and there during 2nd half, but certainly not great overall performance. Loved his contribution though.

I agree completely with this. He had flashes, but comparing his overall contribution to Bellamy's is crazy.

And this argument isn't "pointless" - the point of this argument was to further illustrate your agenda towards Bellamy... the fact that you couldn't praise a fantastic performance without some sort of insinuation of "strange" bias was what started the whole thing off.

Everytime there is a negative thread or an opportunity to get at the lad, you're all over it.

Just be the man and admit that you hate the cunt and that the fact that he's doing so well, while beneficial to city, bugs the shit out of you.

Because its clear as day that's what comes across in every post you've ever made about him.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum