craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:SWP wasn't great yesterday, sorry. Nice bits here and there during 2nd half, but certainly not great overall performance. Loved his contribution though.

I agree completely with this. He had flashes, but comparing his overall contribution to Bellamy's is crazy.

And this argument isn't "pointless" - the point of this argument was to further illustrate your agenda towards Bellamy... the fact that you couldn't praise a fantastic performance without some sort of insinuation of "strange" bias was what started the whole thing off.

Everytime there is a negative thread or an opportunity to get at the lad, you're all over it.

Just be the man and admit that you hate the cunt and that the fact that he's doing so well, while beneficial to city, bugs the shit out of you.

Because its clear as day that's what comes across in every post you've ever made about him.

I assume that this is directed at me?

Well I have admitted many times that I don't like Bellamy as a person. You are trying to make it sound like I've been somehow snidy about it. But I am very happy to see him bang goals for us. I don't care who does it as long as someone does.

However my post had fuck all to do with my opinion about Bellamy as a person but I was wondering why players like SWP, who I think has been super this season, don't get the praise. We are constantly talking about certain players over and over again whereas there are others who hardly get a mention. Take Kolo Toure for example, we keep going on and on and on about Bellamy and Tevez but Toure has been absolutely massive so far.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Burt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I was rather sceptical when we signed Bellendamy because of his twatish past, his injury record and also because I thought that we maybe could have signed a better player for the same amount of dough.

On saying that, practically every game he's played for us, he's played very well and certainly seems to add something to us in terms of lightning pace, good engine and he's weighed in with a few goals. When I look at the fact that we've now got a number of players in our side that have the same qualities, the future looks very fuclin rosy indeed.

More power to good ol Bellers. He's a very important member of our squad as I've said before and I've got this feeling that he's gunna help us to really push on this season.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:SWP wasn't great yesterday, sorry. Nice bits here and there during 2nd half, but certainly not great overall performance. Loved his contribution though.

I agree completely with this. He had flashes, but comparing his overall contribution to Bellamy's is crazy.

And this argument isn't "pointless" - the point of this argument was to further illustrate your agenda towards Bellamy... the fact that you couldn't praise a fantastic performance without some sort of insinuation of "strange" bias was what started the whole thing off.

Everytime there is a negative thread or an opportunity to get at the lad, you're all over it.

Just be the man and admit that you hate the cunt and that the fact that he's doing so well, while beneficial to city, bugs the shit out of you.

Because its clear as day that's what comes across in every post you've ever made about him.

I assume that this is directed at me?

Well I have admitted many times that I don't like Bellamy as a person. You are trying to make it sound like I've been somehow snidy about it. But I am very happy to see him bang goals for us. I don't care who does it as long as someone does.

However my post had fuck all to do with my opinion about Bellamy as a person but I was wondering why players like SWP, who I think has been super this season, don't get the praise. We are constantly talking about certain players over and over again whereas there are others who hardly get a mention. Take Kolo Toure for example, we keep going on and on and on about Bellamy and Tevez but Toure has been absolutely massive so far.

Fair enough mate.

Well if it is that you genuinely don't know why and its not a hint at favouritism...

It may well be because these were players who weren't expected to have the impact that they have.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Yet again making a mockery of those who launched those vitriolic attacks before ever really seeing him play. Then another series of attacks during his injury at the end of last season. Ridiculous.

Really successful signing who always gives 100% and also translates effort into goals.

Back it up.

Honestly enough with the self righteous crap until you can back it up with not only posts of people's attacks but also of you defending him.

So...back it up.

Slim, you must have had one too many Fosters when we signed Bellamy if you can't remember some of the "views" spouted about him. Before you reply with the "back it up" bit, how's about you reviewing the posts and then come back and let me know if I'm wrong.

How about me not making sweeping claims against anonymous people without a wisp of evidence to back it up? Oh wait, John is already doing that. It's a cheap post that is basically designed to have other cheap posters go "yeah, too right, spot on mate" etc. It doesn't add to anything and IF john really wants to have a go at someone, he should make it someone specific so they have a chance to respond rather than lump all the people who didn't want Bellamy at the club (myself included, although I may not have posted as much) into one big pile and berate them for points that MAY STILL BE VALID TODAY.

And fuck off with the little snide comments too...too many fosters? Your dad and sister must have had too many children when you popped out, surprised them both cause it was just a general assumption that she was a morbidly obese cow.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 am

Slim wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Yet again making a mockery of those who launched those vitriolic attacks before ever really seeing him play. Then another series of attacks during his injury at the end of last season. Ridiculous.

Really successful signing who always gives 100% and also translates effort into goals.

Back it up.

Honestly enough with the self righteous crap until you can back it up with not only posts of people's attacks but also of you defending him.

So...back it up.

Slim, you must have had one too many Fosters when we signed Bellamy if you can't remember some of the "views" spouted about him. Before you reply with the "back it up" bit, how's about you reviewing the posts and then come back and let me know if I'm wrong.

How about me not making sweeping claims against anonymous people without a wisp of evidence to back it up? Oh wait, John is already doing that. It's a cheap post that is basically designed to have other cheap posters go "yeah, too right, spot on mate" etc. It doesn't add to anything and IF john really wants to have a go at someone, he should make it someone specific so they have a chance to respond rather than lump all the people who didn't want Bellamy at the club (myself included, although I may not have posted as much) into one big pile and berate them for points that MAY STILL BE VALID TODAY.

And fuck off with the little snide comments too...too many fosters? Your dad and sister must have had too many children when you popped out, surprised them both cause it was just a general assumption that she was a morbidly obese cow.

"I really hope its paper talk, FFS 14m on that cunt! What kind of an attitude was that to clear out his locker and leave training, the fucking cretin! We should all go protest outside Eastlands saying we don't want him lol. 14 fucking million for that bag of shite!. Hughes don't ruin yesterdays win b..."

I wasn't aware it was a rule of posting that you 'have to have a go at someone'? That's your rule SLIM, not the rest of us. And in this case it's fair to say a large number of people didn't want him anywhere near us. Is that not worth a mention?

But Dronny is right Slim mate if you can’t remember people attacking Bellamy then you have no memory. I believe they can do things to arrest the progress of memory loss these days. If you seriously have no memory of it there isn’t much point continuing, but try this for starters (incidentally the OP isn’t always an attack, but the threads can be pretty vitriolic): (you will need to log into the old archive and I had to cut it into WORD to do this as I couldn’t be logged in 2 places at once it seems!!)

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p563348

or

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p563347

or

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p563186

or

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p562478

or

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p562329

or

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... my#p562037

Can I be self-righteous now?
Last edited by john@staustell on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 am

Im not sure why you have lumped my thread in there with the others? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage over his signing and pointing out that he was going to improve our squad
ross.mcfc

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Im not sure why you have lumped my thread in there with the others? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage over his signing and pointing out that he was going to improve our squad

"incidentally the OP isn’t always an attack"

Sorry Ross, you missed this bit, some of the OPs are pro-Bellers, it's the thread contents etc. I'll edit out the author so as to avoid this.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 am

john@staustell wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

"incidentally the OP isn’t always an attack"

Sorry Ross, you missed this bit, some of the OPs are pro-Bellers, it's the thread contents etc. I'll edit out the author so as to avoid this.

Sorry John. Just clicked on the links in my early morning should be doing work but sirfing the net routine.

I have a feeling this weekend wont be the first weekend of digging up some ridicoulous OTT comments made last season. Wonder how all those screaming for Richards to be sold and slagging of Wayne Bridge were feeling on Saturday.

It's wonderful being so right, all the time.
ross.mcfc

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:04 am

Never been a fan of the guy I'll admit it and I have never hid this fact either. But he's doing the business and while he's scoring I'm happy with him getting picked especially if Ade gets this ban. He's lucky if Ade gets this ban though with Cruz coming back this week otherwise he probably wouldn't be playing again till January with Ade/Tevez/Santa all fit by the end of the month. If Ade gets a ban he will be playing with Santa up front no doubt against the rags..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 am

Vhero wrote:Never been a fan of the guy I'll admit it and I have never hid this fact either. But he's doing the business and while he's scoring I'm happy with him getting picked especially if Ade gets this ban. He's lucky if Ade gets this ban though with Cruz coming back this week otherwise he probably wouldn't be playing again till January with Ade/Tevez/Santa all fit by the end of the month. If Ade gets a ban he will be playing with Santa up front no doubt against the rags..

No. He has been outstanding for us this season. He will be in the team this Sunday and will continue to be
so regardless of fitness or suspensions of other players whilst he continues to perform like this. Nothing lucky about it.
ross.mcfc

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:Never been a fan of the guy I'll admit it and I have never hid this fact either. But he's doing the business and while he's scoring I'm happy with him getting picked especially if Ade gets this ban. He's lucky if Ade gets this ban though with Cruz coming back this week otherwise he probably wouldn't be playing again till January with Ade/Tevez/Santa all fit by the end of the month. If Ade gets a ban he will be playing with Santa up front no doubt against the rags..

No. He has been outstanding for us this season. He will be in the team this Sunday and will continue to be
so regardless of fitness or suspensions of other players whilst he continues to perform like this. Nothing lucky about it.

Probably right for this weekend and I hope he can keep up this level of play but I can't see it. We will see though.. Also on that point as well as hes been playing Ade so far has been the player of the season and will get his position back whether Bellers is playing or not if he gets suspended.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am

ross.mcfc wrote:

Probably right for this weekend and I hope he can keep up this level of play but I can't see it. We will see though.. Also on that point as well as hes been playing Ade so far has been the player of the season and will get his position back whether Bellers is playing or not if he gets suspended.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 am

WOW. That's very bad example from you that. I voiced my fear that Bellamy signing would push Sturridge further away from the first team and in worst case give him one more reason to leave the club in summer. I, for one, would've rather kept Sturridge than signed Bellamy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 am

WOW. That's very bad example from you that. I voiced my fear that Bellamy signing would push Sturridge further away from the first team and in worst case give him one more reason to leave the club in summer. I, for one, would've rather kept Sturridge than signed Bellamy.

You was fucking bang on aswell mate! Thanks to us signing Bellamy he was pushed out and left the squad..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:15m is nothing compared to when we lose him in summer for nowt because his manager signed fucking Bellamy to replace him.

john@staustell wrote:NQDP - usually your posts are very thought-out and sensible, but then on a couple of subjects it all goes out the window.

Wait, who was wrong here?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 am

Vhero wrote:

You was fucking bang on aswell mate! Thanks to us signing Bellamy he was pushed out and left the squad..

Yes Vhero and NQDP, the Bellamy signing was what pushed Studge out the door. THAT was the reason.

FFS.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 am

dazby wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Yes Vhero and NQDP, the Bellamy signing was what pushed Studge out the door. THAT was the reason.

FFS.

When asked whether he would sign another contract, his response was...

"I don't know, it's about playing time innit"

I am sure signing another forward didn't help him with the one response we actually have on the subject.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 am

If you want to know why Studge didn't resign just go through MarkMakavelli's post history. Ignore the shit about JayZee and Google queries. Focus on the stuff where he talked about the treatment of young players.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dronny » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 am

Slim wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:

Back it up.

So...back it up.

Phew Slim, I've never heard so many rude things said about my Dad and Sister before, it's like you know the whole family tree stuff....amazing and so fuckin utterly predictable which says it all really.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:07 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:
Vhero wrote:

FFS.

When asked whether he would sign another contract, his response was...

"I don't know, it's about playing time innit"

I am sure signing another forward didn't help him with the one response we actually have on the subject.

So he left to go to a club where he'd get more games who hadn't been tapping him up for two years! It's all so obvious now, I'm surprised I didn't see it at the time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum