Ratings vs. Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings vs. Arsenal

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Given - 8: Didn't have too much to do before the equaliser, but was brilliant when called upon.
Micah - 8: He's back to his best so far this season, added some attacking threat too today.
Toure - 9: Apart from the last 10 minutes, the defence was brilliantly organised. Much down to our captain imo.
Lescott - 8: Fantastic, apart from his stupid rash challenge on the Dutch cunt son-of-a-whore which finished in the equaliser.
Bridge - 8: Just like Micah, this guy has improved immensely. So impressive going forward and a lot more solid defensively too.
de Jong - 10: Lost count of the ammount of times he made important tackles and broke up play. Wasn't impressed by him last season, but he was immense today.
SWP - 4: An assist and a goal.That's why I gave him a 4 and not a 1 cos he constantly tried to run through 3 defenders and couldn't find a Blue shirt. Sorry Shaunie!
Ireland - 3: Fucked up 2 chances and was invisible for the rest of the game. Again, sorry!!
Barry - 8: Mister consistent. Never puts a foot wrong (touch wood!) and moves play about very well.
Bellamy - 9: Gotta love the little goblin. SWP's goal summed him up.
Ade - 10: Great goal, numerous important clearances, great hold up play, linked well with midfield and of course THAT run.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Ratings vs. Arsenal

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Given - 8: Didn't have too much to do before the equaliser, but was brilliant when called upon.
Micah - 8: He's back to his best so far this season, added some attacking threat too today.
Toure - 9: Apart from the last 10 minutes, the defence was brilliantly organised. Much down to our captain imo.
Lescott - 8: Fantastic, apart from his stupid rash challenge on the Dutch cunt son-of-a-whore which finished in the equaliser.
Bridge - 8: Just like Micah, this guy has improved immensely. So impressive going forward and a lot more solid defensively too.
de Jong - 10: Lost count of the ammount of times he made important tackles and broke up play. Wasn't impressed by him last season, but he was immense today.
SWP - 4: An assist and a goal.That's why I gave him a 4 and not a 1 cos he constantly tried to run through 3 defenders and couldn't find a Blue shirt. Sorry Shaunie!
Ireland - 3: Fucked up 2 chances and was invisible for the rest of the game. Again, sorry!!
Barry - 8: Mister consistent. Never puts a foot wrong (touch wood!) and moves play about very well.
Ade - 10: Great goal, numerous important clearances, great hold up play, linked well with midfield and of course THAT run.

I think you've put a 0 at the end of De Jong's rating by mistake.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm

edge275 wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Given - 8: Didn't have too much to do before the equaliser, but was brilliant when called upon.

Luckily everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. You think de Jong was worth a 1? Maybe you don't understand how important a player can be for the team, without being in the spotlight for 90 minutes? I'll ask him to do a step-over for you in the next game
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:44 pm

I think De Jong's the kind of player that has to be watched in the flesh to appreciate his contribution really, I lot of it goes unseen otherwise.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Given - 8: Lots of little saves at the end when we stopped playing, decent performance and the first goal was too good and the second was walked into the net.
Micah - 8: Even cuts out crosses now! Great power and athleticism all game, really pushed them around down the flank.
Toure - 8: Lots of good work early on let down by the "game done" attitude he and lescott had towards the end.
Lescott - 8: Amazingly stupid decision to let in Arsenal's first but apart from that was very good in the air and solid on the deck. Needs more awareness and stop lumping.
Bridge - 9: Absolutely amazing, cut out play and launched into attack at speed.
de Jong - 4: Gave away the ball 4 times due to poor passing, 6 times to being caught with the ball, made 3 tackles where we ended up with the ball and countless when we didn't. I prefer a ball winner who WINS the ball, he is the weak link.
SWP - 6: Just when you think he is having a poor game he shows those moments of brilliance. He would be getting slated on here like crazy if he didn't do one chip and one cross...not a bad return though.
Ireland - 3: Absolultely his worst game in a good 2 seasons+. Never looked at the races and perhaps unlucky that Bellamy's run fucked up one opportunty, but to not even shoot both times? Very poor Stevie. (love you still)
Barry - 8: Rarely puts a foot wrong, great interchange with Bellamy and awesome delivery from set pieces. Easily the best summer buy so far.
Bellamy - 9: He has an amazing engine and never stops. Really popped up everywhere today and should have had two...deserved two.
Ade - 10: MOTM for me, he was unplayable with the ball and really does his shift at the back as well. 4 in 4 and really doesn't look like slowing down. Not sure if he thought it was Bendtner he was kicking but will see some aftermath for this.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Redna » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 pm

edge275 wrote:

Spot on m8. Maybe 5 on SP 'cos he's energetic.
That dutch molester showed he's very best today.(DeJong)
Petrov might be handy in the future.
"Never felt more like singing the blues, City win U**ted loose Oh City you got me singing the blues.
CTID!!

"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Luckily everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. You think de Jong was worth a 1? Maybe you don't understand how important a player can be for the team, without being in the spotlight for 90 minutes? I'll ask him to do a step-over for you in the next game

I understand how important Reyna, Bosvelt and Hamann have been to the team. I even saw how important MVF and Joey Barton could be in that sitting role. Everyone who believes De Jong is doing the same job IN MY OPINION is desperate to be able to read the game and really has no idea about positional play or what a holding midfielder actually does.

Dameerto wrote:I think De Jong's the kind of player that has to be watched in the flesh to appreciate his contribution really, I lot of it goes unseen otherwise.

I was watching him ALL game, I had a conversation about him this week and it was my determined hope to give him a fair shout because I swore I had to be wrong about him. I was not and he is fucking poor.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Slim wrote:Given - 8: Lots of little saves at the end when we stopped playing, decent performance and the first goal was too good and the second was walked into the net.
Micah - 8: Even cuts out crosses now! Great power and athleticism all game, really pushed them around down the flank.
Toure - 8: Lots of good work early on let down by the "game done" attitude he and lescott had towards the end.
Lescott - 8: Amazingly stupid decision to let in Arsenal's first but apart from that was very good in the air and solid on the deck. Needs more awareness and stop lumping.
de Jong - 4: Gave away the ball 4 times due to poor passing, 6 times to being caught with the ball, made 3 tackles where we ended up with the ball and countless when we didn't. I prefer a ball winner who WINS the ball, he is the weak link.
SWP - 6: Just when you think he is having a poor game he shows those moments of brilliance. He would be getting slated on here like crazy if he didn't do one chip and one cross...not a bad return though.
Ireland - 3: Absolultely his worst game in a good 2 seasons+. Never looked at the races and perhaps unlucky that Bellamy's run fucked up one opportunty, but to not even shoot both times? Very poor Stevie. (love you still)
Barry - 8: Rarely puts a foot wrong, great interchange with Bellamy and awesome delivery from set pieces. Easily the best summer buy so far.
Bellamy - 9: He has an amazing engine and never stops. Really popped up everywhere today and should have had two...deserved two.
Ade - 10: MOTM for me, he was unplayable with the ball and really does his shift at the back as well. 4 in 4 and really doesn't look like slowing down. Not sure if he thought it was Bendtner he was kicking but will see some aftermath for this.

Someone who watched the same game as me. Agree with all of the above.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Grob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Given - 9 - Made 2 or 3 key stops and had little chance with either goal. Safe hands. Shame his clean sheets record has been messed up.

Richards - 8 - Didnt think he was anything more than solid at the back but the goal and the assist were excellent production for a full back.

Toure - 9 - Marshalled the back 4 superbly.

Lescott - 7 - Solid on the whole but his missed tackle for RVP's goal was costly. Great finish though to be fair.

Bridge - 7 - First half he was excellent. Second half he was fine untill stood hands on knees playing Rosicky on. Sloppy.

De Jong - 7 - Got through alot of work defensivly. Hopeless going forward though. Too one dimensional a player to be a regular for me. His quality on the ball does not reflect his pricetag.

Ireland - 5 - Barely in the game and made a pigs ear of a great chance at the end of the first half. Lucky to stay on as long as he did. Place in the side must be under threat for next week.

Barry - 7 - Tidy on the ball and great delivery for Richards goal. Did alot of chasing in the second half.

SWP - 7 - Terrible first half then popped up with and assist and goal in the second half. I'd imagine he'll be back in midfield for the Derby if Tevez can get himself fit.

Bellemy - 9 - Simply awesome. Always a threat going forward and terrific tracing back.

Adebayor - 8 - First half he was all over the Arsenel back 4 like a rash. Switched off for the first 25 of the second then burst back into life with his goal, goalline clearence and amazing mazy run. Thanks Arsene.

Subs

Petrov - 7 - Provided the outlet he always does and came close to a 5th. A very handy player to have in the squad.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Kuwait » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:54 pm

[center][/center]THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY
Kuwait
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Kuwait wrote:[center][/center]THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY

THE GREAT BELLEMY

It's Bellamy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:59 pm

I think people love rating defensive midfielders to give off the impression they're a great reader of the game.

I personally think De jong is an average player and we shouldn't of bought him. I bet hamburg were laughing their tits off when they got our fax stating £17 million.

I bet they couldn't fax back quick enough with a big YES PLEASE.
edge275

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:02 pm

edge275 wrote:I think people love rating defensive midfielders to give off the impression they're a great reader of the game.

I personally think De jong is an average player and we shouldn't of bought him. I bet hamburg were laughing their tits off when they got our fax stating £17 million.

I am telling ya man, watch him stand on his fucking heels as the ball gets passed around him during their second goal. No less than four opportunities he had to get in there and 'break up play'. Did he fuck.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Given - 8 - not a lot to do when the game was a game but did it well then went into overdrive when we were three goals up.

Richards - 7.5 - Much better going forward than he has been for two seasons. Supoerb Dave Watson style "meat" header for the first goal. Lost Gallas at a corner in the first half though, giving him a free header.

Toure - 8 - Does the job efficiently.

Lescott - 6.5 - One mistake in 90 minutes that sadly cost a goal. Otherwise good but the mistake has to be eliminated. He'll come good. Looks very comfortable.

Bridge - 8 - Very good indeed, defensively and showed he is capable of bringing the ball forward as well.

De Jong - 7 - Worked well defensively.

Ireland - 5.5 - Clearly not fit, shouldn't have played and perhaps wouldn't had we been playing Hull City.

Barry - 8 - Does a lot of unglamorous but important things right.

SWP - 7 - Great defensive work, a goal and a superb cross for Adebayor's header. Missed a sitter.

Bellemy - 9 - Very, very good indeed all round.

Adebayor - 8 - Looks lazy but isn't. Cracking header and 4 in 4 is as much as you can expect from a new arrival.

Petrov - 6.5 - Broke well, but perhaps chose the wrong option in shooting well wide late on. Did do some defensive work though, which is nice.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Grob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm

edge275 wrote:I think people love rating defensive midfielders to give off the impression they're a great reader of the game.

To say we shouldnt have signed him is a bit harsh. At the time we needed a midfield player of his ilk as the squad was threadbare. I didnt see any other midfield player move in that tranfer window than i would rather have had other than Palacios and i think we ducked out of that race to pick up Bellamy.

De Jong is a handy squad player. Not a regular though if we are aiming for the top 4. Not good enough going forward or on the ball.

And i would be surprised if the reported figure of £17 million was his actual transfer fee. I doubt we will ever know what it was.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Slim wrote:Given - 8: Lots of little saves at the end when we stopped playing, decent performance and the first goal was too good and the second was walked into the net.

Agreed with these ratings
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby goat boy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:58 pm

I thought De Jong was terrific. 'If you rate a defensive midfielder you're just trying to look like a good reader of the game'?

WTF?

If you can't see what a positionally sound, efficient central midfielder does to a side, then you're as qualified to talk about football as I am to talk about 13th century Franciscan monastic writings. Twit. The bloke was blowing after 80 minutes, and that's when they were genuinely all over us. What did Fabregas do today? Cock all, and De Jong is why. Cheers.
goat boy
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 pm

goat boy wrote:I thought De Jong was terrific. 'If you rate a defensive midfielder you're just trying to look like a good reader of the game'?

WTF?

If you can't see what a positionally sound, efficient central midfielder does to a side, then you're as qualified to talk about football as I am to talk about 13th century Franciscan monastic writings. Twit. The bloke was blowing after 80 minutes, and that's when they were genuinely all over us. What did Fabregas do today? Cock all, and De Jong is why. Cheers.

The guy who was pulled all over the park, gave the ball away about 3-4 times the amount he won the ball and stood off and still for the two goals they scored. But you know he managed to keep Cesc Fabregas, a player who looked knackered from the 2nd minute, returning from injury, stomped on his hand, his ankle and his head by Adebayor....yeah, he kept THAT player quiet(aside from his play in the second goal and all those passes late on that seemed to just drift by De Jong "The Training Animal" who supposedly is fitter than everyone else....except his fitness being shown up after 80 minutes from a guy who JUST RETURNED FROM INJURY AND PLAYED THE SAME 80 MINUTES). Twit is right though, you are.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby cityboi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't know what game half of you were watching, as De Jong had a huge say in us not conceding more. His passing radar may have been off, but he did exactly what you want of a DM against a team like Arsenal, and stopped them from making as much of an impact as they are capable of in their final 3rd. Had Nige not played, we'd have conceded more.
cityboi
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Given - 8
Micah - 8
Toure -7
Lescott - 7
Bridge - 7
de Jong - 8
SWP - 7
Ireland - 5