De Jong today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

De Jong today

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Thought de Jong was brilliant today, the amount of Arse attacks he broke down aswell as his last ditch tackles were top quality. Think he will be great for us in the derby next week playing against a midfields like United's.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: De Jong today

Postby Michael Brookes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Agreed. He's a usefull squad member to do a targeted role when the situation requires it
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Looking at the ratings thread there seems to be a split opinion re NDJ. Some think he is crap and today was poor and then the maority seem to rate him and think today he was either good or very good. Aren't football opinions great?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Looking at the ratings thread there seems to be a split opinion re NDJ. Some think he is crap and today was poor and then the maority seem to rate him and think today he was either good or very good. Aren't football opinions great?

I always held that the majority of football fans are idiots, glad to see City are covering their share.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Its weird watchin De Jong for City.I dont really notice him until he makes that crunchin tackle,but when he plays for Holland he stands out like a sore thumb.
Im a big fan though
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby xmusampa » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:15 pm

i thought de jong put himself about today so fair play to him
i thought bridge played one of his best games so far
cant understand those attacking swp.yes he lost the ball on a number of occasions but at least he was taking players on
get behind the team folks they cant play a blinder every week!
xmusampa
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Richard » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Im shocked that some people on here did not see the vital work that he did. He was outstanding today, constantly breaking up attack after attack. Passionate as fuck, loved his fist pump after the Bellamy goal.
Richard
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:41 pm

There are 3 types of idiots who couldnt see De Jong was amazing today.

1 People who simply dont understand football.
2 People who always have to have a boo boy
3 Australians.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:41 pm

played as well as nigel will play, He is a spoiler, that is his role. He is a very commited individual who will benefit us no end this season
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 pm

All hail the mighty De Jong
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby dawn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:49 pm

brilliant again today, just gets on with his job.
dawn
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:51 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:There are 3 types of idiots who couldnt see De Jong was amazing today.

3 Australians.

That made me chuckle ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:52 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:There are 3 types of idiots who couldnt see De Jong was amazing today.

3 Australians.

You said Gelson was superb very early on in his City career.

No no, I believe YOU.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Slim wrote:

3 Australians.

No no, I believe YOU.

There's a fourth kind:

4. People who were watching on TV and can't see his work off the ball i.e. taking away options/passes.

no offence.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:01 pm

exactly dhtp
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Richard wrote:Im shocked that some people on here did not see the vital work that he did. He was outstanding today, constantly breaking up attack after attack. Passionate as fuck, loved his fist pump after the Bellamy goal.

He made 3 successful tackles today. 3.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Slim wrote:

3 Australians.

No no, I believe YOU.

There's a fourth kind:

4. People who were watching on TV and can't see his work off the ball i.e. taking away options/passes.

no offence.

None taken, people who were here during the game were pointing out how brilliant he was. In fact the original person we are quoting here was tucked neatly away in Scotland today.

I assume we all saw the same footage, I wonder how many of them have seen the game from start to finish 3 times now though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Slim wrote:
Slim wrote:

3 Australians.

No no, I believe YOU.

There's a fourth kind:

no offence.

None taken, people who were here during the game were pointing out how brilliant he was. In fact the original person we are quoting here was tucked neatly away in Scotland today.

I assume we all saw the same footage, I wonder how many of them have seen the game from start to finish 3 times now though.

then the OP got lucky.
De Jong clogs up the middle nicely, interrupts a team like Arse's natural rhythm etc. I thought he was solid today and there was a reason Ireland came off.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Slim wrote:
Slim wrote:

3 Australians.

No no, I believe YOU.

There's a fourth kind:

no offence.

then the OP got lucky.
De Jong clogs up the middle nicely, interrupts a team like Arse's natural rhythm etc. I thought he was solid today and there was a reason Ireland came off.

He gets in the way some of the time...when it's near him. Most of the time they were just passing around him and on a number of occasions when I thought he should be wearing Cesc like a second shirt, it was Bellamy who was sprinting back to knock the spainard off stride. I am not on a hate campaign for him...as much as it seems like I am, nor am I really lobbying for Kompany to come back there because I think he gives away too many freekicks in advanced positions. Last season we had two defensive midfielders and they STILL couldn't stop us getting scored on, surely this tells it's own story.

If we need another option there, I think we should see how Kompany is when he is fit (last term apparently he was carrying this toe injury for a long time) or give De Jong a consistant run against weaker opposition when we can allow him to gel into the team and boss the midfield at the same time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Slim wrote:
Slim wrote:

3 Australians.

No no, I believe YOU.

There's a fourth kind:

no offence.

then the OP got lucky.

I disagree, he isn't comfortable on the ball, he mis times tackles, his passing can be wayward and he can't do the type of searching balls that Carrick and Alonso do.

He's just an angry midget and we need to ship him out in january and replace him.
edge275

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum