Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am

And a quick question to the people defending Ade.

How would you feel if Aston Villa beat us, Dunne scoring the winner and proceeded to run the full length of the pitch and taunt you in the stands as well as stamping the crap out of Ireland at some point in the game. How would that make you feel?

The point is Dunne wouldn't do that, despite being wronged by his former club and fans like Ade might feel he isn't a big enough prick to rub their face in it like a child throwing a tantrum. Ade's a fucking tool with a brain the size of a peanut, whose damn lucky he's got skill because that's all he's got going for him.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:And a quick question to the people defending Ade.

How would you feel if Aston Villa beat us, Dunne scoring the winner and proceeded to run the full length of the pitch and taunt you in the stands as well as stamping the crap out of Ireland at some point in the game. How would that make you feel?

The point is Dunne wouldn't do that, despite being wronged by his former club and fans like Ade might feel he isn't a big enough prick to rub their face in it like a child throwing a tantrum. Ade's a fucking tool with a brain the size of a peanut, whose damn lucky he's got skill because that's all he's got going for him.

What else does he need to play football..aglow stick?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 am

im not defending the challenge one bit, it will be interesting to see how it is delt with folling other video footedge from other games and how the bench mark will be set on this incident!
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:21 am

So that's going to be possibly no Ade, Robson or Tevez for the derby... ohh dear.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:After a period of reflection, I have come to the conclusion that the FA are going to throw the book at Ade and that he is to be shot at dawn. All evidence on Ade's behalf will be admissible; the taunting by players and fans, persistent nasty challenges, VPs own celebration in front of our fans, the ridiculous response by many of their the fans and the beating of a steward!

And why? Because the Bristish Media Top 4 Scum Sucking Twats say so!

PS. I've just had to turn the Sunday Scummer Supplement off after a 10 minute debate about Ade, followed by how Arsenal can still be a top 4 power, followed by how good the Scum are. Strangely, no mention that we beat Arsenal fair and square or our chances of taking a CL spot! Pathetic Cunts, especially that Henry 'I've got no Balls' Winter!!!

In contrast, i thought the MOTD commentary was very fair, and though they talked about both the stamp and the celebration, they talked more about what a fantastic win it was for City, and how the side may need to be talked about in the context of the "Big 5."

The Observer write up was very flattering as well. And the picture they used of Ade's celebratory run was honestly one for the ages ...it spans pages 2-3 of the Sports section. I can't find it online anywhere, but it's stunningly artistic.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:28 am

Unfortunately he`ll get a ban as long as the incident was in the refs match report and he DIDN`T act on it at the time which allows the fa to take retrospective action. I do find it funny that the arse fans have started singing the spuds version of the Ade song but complain like the girls they are when he gives it them back with the goal celebration. I hope the recording of the crowd of girls in red is passed to the police for the nonces that threw things yesterday to be identified. It was wrong what he did simply because there are fans who love to give it out but aren`t man enough to take it back
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 am

RVP has made a rod for his own back imo coz the F.A will have to look at a) his challenge and b) his celebration OFF THE PITCH IN FRONT OF the city fans
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:35 am

david yearsley wrote:RVP has made a rod for his own back imo coz the F.A will have to look at a) his challenge and b) his celebration OFF THE PITCH IN FRONT OF the city fans

I bet you nothing gets said of that.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 am

Im sure Ade will get a ban but dosnt the rules state that if the ref sees the incident then the f.a cant do anything about it? Now the ref deffo sees it because if my memory serves me right he played on and take a look at this clip there is no way the ref could of missed it.

[youtube]fW1KEz8Aezs[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 am

I would love someone to post the Vidic elbow from yesterday on here coz then we could have another debate which would then spill over into Talkshite and 6-0-shite and get the coverage the incident deserves
david yearsley

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Im sure Ade will get a ban but dosnt the rules state that if the ref sees the incident then the f.a cant do anything about it? Now the ref deffo sees it because if my memory serves me right he played on and take a look at this clip there is no way the ref could of missed it.

[youtube]fW1KEz8Aezs[/youtube]

Take a look a page back, I posted the same clip and the gif.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 am

Official complaint been made to GMP over RVP abuse to City fans - as you sow so shall you reap Robin
david yearsley

Postby pears12 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Had van princess not tried the 2 footed challenge from behind Adebayor wouldn't of had to jump out of the way.. but yeah he will get 3 match ban for stamp.. but i hope van princess gets a couple for inciting crowd and the footed lunge on or which he avoided..
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby irblinx » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Viewing things in slow motion always makes things like this look dodgy but at full speed it doesn't look as bad. The one thing I'll say in Ade's defence here is that you can clearly see that he puts his hands up in surprise and apology as soon as he hits his face, the likelihood is that he wanted to land on him but didn't expect it to be on his head
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Basically, footballers are fookin soft these days. Poke, stamp, whatever. Been hit like that millions of times. You get bit of scratch in the face, that's all. It's not like he got "Johnny Hartson treatment".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Basically, footballers are fookin soft these days. Poke, stamp, whatever. Been hit like that millions of times. You get bit of scratch in the face, that's all. It's not like he got "Johnny Hartson treatment".

Exactly. It happens 100's of times in Rugby games all round the world every week & they just get on with it. A two footed lunge at someone's ankle however would be a red card in that sport as it should be in football & was when Zabba did it at half the speed v Scousers last year. VP will get away with that though because they're just interested in making an example of Ade.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 pm

I remember getting booted just above the eye while tackling someone playing Rugby once (try playing Rugby league when you are severely short sighted and before contact lenses were widely available) - I think I might have dented the poor boy's studs.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby stinky pete » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:53 pm

whatchin motd and other football shows and you see of the ball inccidents every week so how come no one else gets the treatment of the fa for it. bentner whent to cripple adebayor when he went passed him but just missed. intent is enough remember steve gerrards penalty?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 pm

haha a glow stick.

Oh chill out, on one clip hes kicking his hand not his head!

And if i was ade I would have done the same thing. I'd love to score in the derby and do something like that (ala fowler who never got banned, or rooney!)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Jam » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm

I can't help being amused at Arsenal fans... "He started a riot"

No, he wound you up, you chose to react the way you did you humps!
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum