Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Looking at the youtube clip second angle I dont think he meant it and thats without the tinted specs IMO of course ,

So if we look at it from the right angle he didn't mean it? Are you a barrister by any chance?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:19 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Looking at the youtube clip second angle I dont think he meant it and thats without the tinted specs IMO of course ,

He definitely meant it, look how fast his foot goes down and he's also looking down to see where his foot is going.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:27 pm

edge275 wrote:

He definitely meant it, look how fast his foot goes down and he's also looking down to see where his foot is going.

I agree and cannot see how he wont get a ban for a straight red.

Not seen two threads run together so long without being merged but as I cannot believe anyone who has seen the video on sky / MOTD or on the you tube clip cant see this as an intentional stamp.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:32 pm

blues-clues wrote:
edge275 wrote:

I agree and cannot see how he wont get a ban for a straight red.

Not seen two threads run together so long without being merged but as I cannot believe anyone who has seen the video on sky / MOTD or on the you tube clip cant see this as an intentional stamp.

If he is banned and Tevez and Robinho aren't fit we're in the shit as after Bellamy Benjani is next on the list.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby david yearsley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:44 pm

I´m afraid this doesn´t look good at all - hope any ban kicks in after Scum game and includes cup match - Rocky should be fit in a fortnight
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Bans are almost imediate these days unless we appeal and given that Ade has apologised I can't see that happening. Got to hope that either Robbie but perhaps better Tevez is fit for next week.

Options? Petrov surely? Weiss probably not a full debut in the Derby? Benjani oh my god no please not that!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 pm

I doubt anything will be done about it Van Persie is a fucking sore loser and needs to get a pair.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 am

to me, I have to admit, it looked a bit malicious - its no secret that bendner and RVP were 2 of the people who ade fell out with
Lets hope no bans come of it, hopefully, as was pointed out, the fact he got a card for it will mean the end of it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 am

Wooders wrote:to me, I have to admit, it looked a bit malicious - its no secret that bendner and RVP were 2 of the people who ade fell out with
Lets hope no bans come of it, hopefully, as was pointed out, the fact he got a card for it will mean the end of it

Adebayor was booked for his goal celebration. If he'd have been booked for the clash with van Persie he'd have been off.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Chad » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 am

gif makes it look horrible, whilst the youtube vid makes it look slightly better. can't see anything less than a 3 game ban coming his way.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john68 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 am

Regardiong the incident itself, it seems quite conclusive that the kick was deliberate.

I seem to remember last year that there were two kicking out incidents comncerning SWP and the trannie. Both were dealt with differently because 1 ref saw and dealt with incident on the spot, whereas the other ref failed to see the incident, didn't act at the time, so a ban was given retrospectively by the FA.
Could someone please clarify.

My thinking is that if the ref saw the Ade incident clearly and acted by giving a yellow card, then, as with the Trannie, the matter would be deemed to have been dealt with and no retrospective action would be necessary.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:40 am

For me it is black and white on 2 counts

1. The incident will be reviewed on video by Clattenburg and he will state that he would have given a straight red had he seen it - therefore he will get a 3 - 4 match ban

2. Because we are playing the scum next - the issue will be given top priority by the FA / PL to ensure that he is banned for that game
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City1970 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:34 am

I didnt see what happened at the match, I just saw VP trying to hack Ade down. But upon seeing it on MOTD this morning, it does look bad for Ade (and us if he is banned). Clattenberg will say he didnt see it, and he will get a 3 match ban.

On another note, will anything happen to VP for shouting FUCK OFF god knows how many times, at fans behind the goal, after the little shit scored???
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:08 am

i watched the vids and listened to MOTD commentary and slow-mo replays as well. His initial reaction is to avoid the cheap tackle, but once he realizes how close he is he decides to give him a little something extra. Unfortunately, that something was a boot to the face. A very poor decision.

I think Ade will be gone for 3 matches for sure, and i'm selfishly hopeful that it's after the derby. Having all 3 of our highest profile attacking players out for that match would be an interesting test for Hughes tho i suppose.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 am

If I remember rightly bans only kick in 7 days after a hearing - that´s what happened with SWP last season I´m sure so the F.A have no option but to stick to their proceedure - then of course there is a certain Mr.D. Gill sitting on the top table at H.Q.

I would hope then that the Vidic elbow to Crouch´s cheekbone will be given the same consideration and that a retro ban will be implemented similarly :o(
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:28 am

Its going to be a 3 match ban at least for that challenge, my worry is that the FA will push this through intime for the scum game. If this happens we will be very low players with Roby out for at least 4/5 weeks with a strees fracture and Tevez also out for about 2 weeks.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:29 am

After a period of reflection, I have come to the conclusion that the FA are going to throw the book at Ade and that he is to be shot at dawn. All evidence on Ade's behalf will be admissible; the taunting by players and fans, persistent nasty challenges, VPs own celebration in front of our fans, the ridiculous response by many of their the fans and the beating of a steward!

And why? Because the Bristish Media Top 4 Scum Sucking Twats say so!

PS. I've just had to turn the Sunday Scummer Supplement off after a 10 minute debate about Ade, followed by how Arsenal can still be a top 4 power, followed by how good the Scum are. Strangely, no mention that we beat Arsenal fair and square or our chances of taking a CL spot! Pathetic Cunts, especially that Henry 'I've got no Balls' Winter!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:31 am

everyonehatesus wrote:Its going to be a 3 match ban at least for that challenge, my worry is that the FA will push this through intime for the scum game. If this happens we will be very low players with Roby out for at least 4/5 weeks with a strees fracture and Tevez also out for about 2 weeks.

That is a given mate. Baconface has already briefed the FA this morning in his office!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:02 am

Bias aside they're both giant cunts and both deserve bans.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Waz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:07 am

I do think that especially after what happened with goal celebrations in the Millwall/West Ham cup tie the other week, the FA might slightly throw the book at Ade.

I guess that Ade was frustrated by the vile language given to him by the Arsenal fans, and that his celebration was one way of saying "f*** you" to them, but it was ill-advised. If he wanted to run over, run to the South stand on the other side and celebrate with the City fans there - that'd have been much better.

Having seen the van Persie incident, unfortunately that might too provoke a ban. Although the cut was superficial, it'll be more a case of intent and what could have happened instead - which won't be good for us.

Let's face it, the Media are semi-responsible for all this "top 4" rubbish and anything that they can do to protect the top four is going to happen, but at the same time, we can't be seen to condoning acts by players where we wouldn't want it done to one of our own.
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum