Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Van Persie/Adebayor Incident

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Police probe Arsenal celebration
Robin van Persie

Police have received a complaint over the behaviour of Arsenal striker Robin van Persie after he scored during Saturday's game with Manchester City.

It is alleged the striker celebrated in front of home fans at Eastlands and mouthed a swear word towards the City supporters in the stands.

Greater Manchester Police said they would speak to the fan who complained before deciding whether to investigate.

Van Persie received treatment after a clash with City's Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Football Association has said it will examine Adebayor's own celebrations following a goal he scored during the match, which Manchester City won 4-2.

form the bbc.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

adebayour the wallpaper

Postby jonnyblue4 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:47 pm

jonnyblue4
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: ireland

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:21 pm

The thing I don't get is this shit that the ref can say to the FA that he didn't see the incident... no he fucking can't - its as clear as day, caught on video FFS - the ref is only feet away looking directly at the incident!

If he says he didn't see the incident then Ade should say he didn't make contact at all. One argument is as stupid as the other.

IMO what happened is very straight forward - Van Persie slid in with the intent of taking Ade down. Ade jumped out of the way, but knew what Van Persie had intended to do and wanted to stamp on his hand in retaliation. Van Persie's head swung around at the last second and Ade's foot that was heading directly for RVP's hand clipped his face.

The ref saw RVP sliding in and saw Ade land with a stamp of sorts. He saw two players 'getting at each other' and let the game continue. Its what all of us saw, even in real time.

The ref saw it and he made his decision. MAybe he should have yellow carded both players so that they'd calm down. Maybe if he wanted to be really anal he could have red carded both players... but he DECIDED TO LET THE PLAY CONTINUE.

If he now tries to tell the FA he didn't see it, then he is a liar and should be brought on charges of bringing the game into disripute.
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Is it just me that thinks that because Ade is a somewhat 'Crouch-like' , a little tall and with a bit of a lanky , ungainly gait. The b'st*rd, with exceptionally large feet and long legs, that was trying to escape that ruffian van Persie's poorly timed two footed lunge, did really well not to fall down on top of van Persie and thereby possibly hurting the little fella even more than he actually did. I'm sure Sweep or Steve I., would have deftly 'rolled with the punches' so to speak, These two being nimble of foot.

In all seriousness though. Adi jumped out of the way of a wreckless tackle. Get over it Arsenal fans, players and management.
Van Persie is lucky he didn't get a worse injury for his stupidity.

Oh and I don't care about slow-motion evidence, that makes a split second decision and reaction look like a three hour walk about at the seaside. All the cognitive, co-ordinative ,observational and perceptive skills of a footballer are called upon when defending oneself from a two footed tackle from the side.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 pm

"Adebayor,adebayoooorrr
He stamped on Van Persie
And now his face is a bit sore"

I DONT KNOW HOW THEY GET ME FOR THE MONEY!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Beanieboy wrote:van Persie is one of the dirtiest cunts in the prem,...sly little pointy elbowing, pinching, ankle tapping, toe treading, shirt pulling little shit needs to keep his big mouth shut

You summed it up perfectly. Then fucking complains when he comes off worst.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:32 pm

He's been charged with violent conduct AND improper conduct. SSN

They'll throw the book at him for sure.
Original Dub

Postby s1ty m » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm

irblinx wrote:Viewing things in slow motion always makes things like this look dodgy but at full speed it doesn't look as bad. The one thing I'll say in Ade's defence here is that you can clearly see that he puts his hands up in surprise and apology as soon as he hits his face, the likelihood is that he wanted to land on him but didn't expect it to be on his head

when it happened, i thought he's stamped on his hand. there is no way he went for the face, the little gay fucker fell into the boot. kind of. i think he went for some part of shitboy, but not what actually happened. it's a 3 man match for a retrospective red card, end of. stupid action by adebayor and puts the derby match in the rags balance, not ours.

as for the incitement, do me a fucking favour. plenty worse down the years, especially from the likes of neville and rooney, ronaldo and cantona. he never said a word ade, never gestured, got up, walked away a bit surprised by the arsenal girls reactions and then apologised later. he got a yellow card, end of the matter.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum