Top of the table Derby clash.............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Top of the table Derby clash.............

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:20 pm

john68 wrote:The Rags: I have believed for a while that there are cracks appearing in the rags. Whilst I concede that on their day they can pose a formidable threat, too often in the last couple of seasons the trannie scored crucial goals that saved their bacon and got wins from draws and draws from losses that hid the fact that they had played poorly. They are an established squad and what you see is what you get...meaning there is little room for improvement. A win for the rags would merely seem to confirm in their minds that they are still ahead of us. A loss to us would worry them very much and show the World that they are not the team that they think they are. They seem to be very reliant on Shrek. Stopping him and the supply to him is crucial.

City: We are a club/squad/team on the up. As the season rolls on, better understanding between players should see us improve. On paper and depending on availability, we should be able to put out a team that is at least their equal if not superior to theirs. Our bench should be stronger and offer Hughes a huge bigger number of options than Taggart. A loss to the rags on their swamp would not be critical but merely show that though we are improving and should at some point overtake them, we are not quite there yet...A measure of the present but not of our possible potential in the near future. A win for City, especially on the back of our display against the Gonners, would be a massive boost for City and would establish and confirm our credentials and our arrival in the elite.

bring it on.

Word!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Slim wrote:
wyted wrote:The rags pose the biggest threat on the counter but I feel we're up to the task of defending it and from set pieces but again we've got some big fuckers now who are good in the air. I've got a really good feeling we can take the goods on Sunday.

The rags really seem to lack pace on the counter and unless Rooney is dropping deep I am not sure we have too much to worry about. That being said I think this is a deceptive side that they have and a lot of people are underestimating them. Spurs switched off very early today and got beaten by 10 men and Arsenal managed to outplay them for 99% of the game and still come out of it with nothing.

We have the quality to take this lot, but we really have to stop thinking they are a poor side just failing to realise it.

They hammered Spurs today.

Spurs fans were making similar claims incidentally (huddlestone>scholes; palacios>fletcher; king>rio...).

Grow up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:
wyted wrote:The rags pose the biggest threat on the counter but I feel we're up to the task of defending it and from set pieces but again we've got some big fuckers now who are good in the air. I've got a really good feeling we can take the goods on Sunday.

The rags really seem to lack pace on the counter and unless Rooney is dropping deep I am not sure we have too much to worry about. That being said I think this is a deceptive side that they have and a lot of people are underestimating them. Spurs switched off very early today and got beaten by 10 men and Arsenal managed to outplay them for 99% of the game and still come out of it with nothing.

We have the quality to take this lot, but we really have to stop thinking they are a poor side just failing to realise it.

Spurs fans were making similar claims incidentally (huddlestone>scholes; palacios>fletcher; king>rio...).

Grow up.

They did and they were.
This a thread about our chances v United - how they fared in their most recent game (vs. opposition fans' perceptions) is therefore relevant. I don't see the relevance of your comment to a thread about Nigel De Jong. I think you were just being incendiary - i will only ever be polite to you after you voted to ban me for life though, so maybe try elsewhere.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Slim wrote:

Grow up.

They did and they were.
This a thread about our chances v U***d - how they fared in their most recent game (vs. opposition fans' perceptions) is therefore relevant. I don't see the relevance of your comment to a thread about Nigel De Jong. I think you were just being incendiary - i will only ever be polite to you after you voted to ban me for life though, so maybe try elsewhere.

HAHA

You stooge, you have absolutely no idea what I voted regarding your ban. Cheap effort to try and fish me into telling how I voted.

But at least you are playing it straight now. It's not about City, rags, De Jong, Spurs, Bellamy, SWP, Dunne or anything else but you, you and you. I repeat, grow up.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm

HAHA

You stooge, you have absolutely no idea what I voted regarding your ban. Cheap effort to try and fish me into telling how I voted.

But at least you are playing it straight now. It's not about City, rags, De Jong, Spurs, Bellamy, SWP, Dunne or anything else but you, you and you. I repeat, grow up.

I don't need you to tell me how you voted.

And you're very, very wrong. I've been on absolute best behaviour - posting only about football and only with my honest opinions. You're the one who's stormed on here and criticised people's responses to a game we all enjoyed very much. Lovely day in the sun.

Telling me I want the rags to win the derby strikes me as a pretty desperate attempt to make me abusive. Not going to work.

it's not even like i'm the onky one who thinks you're stirring as we speak you're reading another person saying the exact same thing. what are the chances.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ant london » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 pm

OK, so I have just read the third article i've seen since yesterday which refers to us as "title contenders"

Bloody City, title contenders??!

I honestly never thought I would see that written in my entire life. I still can't quite believe this is happening.

On topic, next weekend will be a tough game, I can see one or two sendings off too to be honest. We can win, but we'll have to turn in a better performance than yesterday to do so in my opinion. A fantastic job was done by many in breaking up their play (De Jong, Bellamy, Barry, Bridge and the two centre halves) BUT we let them have WAY WAY WAY too much of the ball and didn't keep it well enough.

Sure we were missing Robinho and Tevez but I think that Stevie being off colour form-wise was a bigger factor as we were missing his influence big time. If they'd had Walcott and Arshavin available (ie. guys who were much more dangerous in the final third) I would wager that a draw would have been the best we'd come out with yesterday.

If we concede that amount of possession with Rooney around in current form, he will hurt us badly.

All that said, however, I think we all know that we are not really running on all cylinders as yet.....we're improving each match so I think we can definitely give the scum a game and yes, we can win that.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:04 pm

I think we'll get spanked. But I think that whenever we play away to be fair. It'll take a very good run of away results until I can feel otherwise!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:51 pm

How great would it be to beat them at their place (again) and go top? Would need Spuds to beat Chelsea, but...

Right now I'd settle for a draw though.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:12 pm

When the fixtures came out i said we could be going to the swamp top of the league as i thought we would have 15pts as i thought we could win the first 5 and i was basically told i was mad as cheese well if the Everton game had not been changed due to europa league i would have been spot on.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm

HAHA

I don't need you to tell me how you voted.

And you're very, very wrong. I've been on absolute best behaviour - posting only about football and only with my honest opinions. You're the one who's stormed on here and criticised people's responses to a game we all enjoyed very much. Lovely day in the sun.

Telling me I want the rags to win the derby strikes me as a pretty desperate attempt to make me abusive. Not going to work.

it's not even like i'm the onky one who thinks you're stirring as we speak you're reading another person saying the exact same thing. what are the chances.

Sorry mate, but I have to disagree.

You definately are the onky one.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Twobob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:59 pm

One of my beefs last season was that we just didnt seem fired up for the Derby (and I whent on to say that we'd never win one with Les in charge of us - and I was firmly sat on the fence with splinters up my arse!)

However we are going to be so fucking fired up for this weekend its going to be unbeleiveable, all this crap in the press and the FA stuff - in adition to the fucking-red-faced-bacon-Sucking-cunt Taggert coming out moaning too should see that we've got EVERYTHING to throw at them, we're still the underdogs and even WE can see the weaknesses in the rags team.

Its still goinna be hard - But it wasn't a walk in the park against the Arse and they should easily have won against the rags the week before apart from some dodgy 'Scum' descisions.

Plus I have a Fiver on it with a rag at work - I'm going to be drinking a coctail of coctails and beer, be suffering and illucinating from sun stroke - I'm Fooking well bubblin for this one!!

It would be a dream come true if we can top the table after beating the Scum 0-6 and Chelsea lose...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum