Top of the table Derby clash.............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Top of the table Derby clash.............

Postby crossan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Not since the 70s has there been such a evenly balanced clash next week.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Top of the table Derby clash.............

Postby wyted » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:44 pm

The rags pose the biggest threat on the counter but I feel we're up to the task of defending it and from set pieces but again we've got some big fuckers now who are good in the air. I've got a really good feeling we can take the goods on Sunday.
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:50 pm

wyted wrote:The rags pose the biggest threat on the counter but I feel we're up to the task of defending it and from set pieces but again we've got some big fuckers now who are good in the air. I've got a really good feeling we can take the goods on Sunday.

The rags really seem to lack pace on the counter and unless Rooney is dropping deep I am not sure we have too much to worry about. That being said I think this is a deceptive side that they have and a lot of people are underestimating them. Spurs switched off very early today and got beaten by 10 men and Arsenal managed to outplay them for 99% of the game and still come out of it with nothing.

We have the quality to take this lot, but we really have to stop thinking they are a poor side just failing to realise it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Slim wrote:
wyted wrote:The rags pose the biggest threat on the counter but I feel we're up to the task of defending it and from set pieces but again we've got some big fuckers now who are good in the air. I've got a really good feeling we can take the goods on Sunday.

The rags really seem to lack pace on the counter and unless Rooney is dropping deep I am not sure we have too much to worry about. That being said I think this is a deceptive side that they have and a lot of people are underestimating them. Spurs switched off very early today and got beaten by 10 men and Arsenal managed to outplay them for 99% of the game and still come out of it with nothing.

We have the quality to take this lot, but we really have to stop thinking they are a poor side just failing to realise it.

They hammered Spurs today.

Spurs fans were making similar claims incidentally (huddlestone>scholes; palacios>fletcher; king>rio...).
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Curlie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Bring it on!
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby wyted » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Slim wrote:

I wasn't insinuating they are a poor side. It is a fact that they have lost one of the best players in the world in Ronaldo, he is irreplaceable to them and had a massive hand in them winning the league for the last couple of seasons. Add to that the loss of Tevez - the odds for a City win are probably higher than they have ever been in my lifetime.

We have a good team spirit at the moment and the best quality team I have seen City have, in my lifetime. Am I wrong for thinking we have a chance? Jesus Christ you really do put a downward slant on everything, cheer the fuck up!
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 pm

wyted wrote:
Slim wrote:

I wasn't insinuating they are a poor side. It is a fact that they have lost one of the best players in the world in Ronaldo, he is irreplaceable to them and had a massive hand in them winning the league for the last couple of seasons. Add to that the loss of Tevez - the odds for a City win are probably higher than they have ever been in my lifetime.

We have a good team spirit at the moment and the best quality team I have seen City have, in my lifetime. Am I wrong for thinking we have a chance? Jesus Christ you really do put a downward slant on everything, cheer the fuck up!

You see the bit RIGHT before what you put in bold? I was agreeing with you. However preaching caution is not a 'downward slant' nor did I say YOU said they were a poor side(BTW, infer, not insinuate).
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Redna » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:40 pm

tHEIR NOT mANCS, NOR ME.
tHE'RE WANKERS AS i'M ¨
cAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK, Can we play you....

CTID!!
Excuse my bad english and beuynd
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Rooney's their biggest threat, if we can mark him out of the game we have every chance.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Redna wrote:tHEIR NOT mANCS, NOR ME.
tHE'RE WANKERS AS i'M ¨
cAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK, Can we play you....

CTID!!
Excuse my bad english and beuynd

true
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Spurs played pretty terrible as far as I could tell and Crouch actually weakened their team rather than strengthened.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:17 am

The Rags: I have believed for a while that there are cracks appearing in the rags. Whilst I concede that on their day they can pose a formidable threat, too often in the last couple of seasons the trannie scored crucial goals that saved their bacon and got wins from draws and draws from losses that hid the fact that they had played poorly. They are an established squad and what you see is what you get...meaning there is little room for improvement. A win for the rags would merely seem to confirm in their minds that they are still ahead of us. A loss to us would worry them very much and show the World that they are not the team that they think they are. They seem to be very reliant on Shrek. Stopping him and the supply to him is crucial.

City: We are a club/squad/team on the up. As the season rolls on, better understanding between players should see us improve. On paper and depending on availability, we should be able to put out a team that is at least their equal if not superior to theirs. Our bench should be stronger and offer Hughes a huge bigger number of options than Taggart. A loss to the rags on their swamp would not be critical but merely show that though we are improving and should at some point overtake them, we are not quite there yet...A measure of the present but not of our possible potential in the near future. A win for City, especially on the back of our display against the Gonners, would be a massive boost for City and would establish and confirm our credentials and our arrival in the elite.

bring it on.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 am

Vhero wrote:Spurs played pretty terrible as far as I could tell and Crouch actually weakened their team rather than strengthened.

"pretty terrible" is not what I saw (on TV I admit). They had a few chances and Crouch was involved in a lot of their best stuff, if only the lanky effer could head the ball.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 am

I wished this was top of the table, but we have forgotten Chelski are sitting pretty looking down on us at the moment. I believe they will roll all the way to the title with very little fanfare.

Hey John, my $50 is still alive mate...one more win.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:49 am

I saw the game and Spuds midfield melted away after Palacios got booked. They showed they are lacking in the savvy dept. by allowing the game to open up and thinking they could score for fun after the early goal - they lost any shape they had,and Bassong and King Crock were constantly pulled out of position. Lennon was anonymous and my main point would be that if your midfield loses out to a pair of "has beens" like Giggs and Ginger , you have a problem
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 am

david yearsley wrote:I saw the game and Spuds midfield melted away after Palacios got booked. They showed they are lacking in the savvy dept. by allowing the game to open up and thinking they could score for fun after the early goal - they lost any shape they had,and Bassong and King Crock were constantly pulled out of position. Lennon was anonymous and my main point would be that if your midfield loses out to a pair of "has beens" like Giggs and Ginger , you have a problem

That little ginger twat was horrible yesterday and he`ll be out for the derby unless they appeal
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby sandman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 am

---------Bel---------
Ptv-------------SWP
----Baz-------Ire----
---------DGj---------
Bdg--Lsc--Tre--Rch
---------Giv---------

Even with potentially 3 key players missing we stil have a good squad.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:54 am

Scum have Chumps game in midweek - fully expect an injury or 2 plus we´ll be fresher - every little thing helps!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am

simon12 wrote:
david yearsley wrote:I saw the game and Spuds midfield melted away after Palacios got booked. They showed they are lacking in the savvy dept. by allowing the game to open up and thinking they could score for fun after the early goal - they lost any shape they had,and Bassong and King Crock were constantly pulled out of position. Lennon was anonymous and my main point would be that if your midfield loses out to a pair of "has beens" like Giggs and Ginger , you have a problem

That little ginger twat was horrible yesterday and he`ll be out for the derby unless they appeal

Can't appeal.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:18 am

I doubt they will appeal once Baconface sees the replay. If it was me I'd fine him (once for being ginger, once for his foul)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum