The Arsenal Fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Arsenal Fans

Postby King Kev » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Why is nobody questioning the behaviour of the Arsenal fans who were trying to get on the pitch and were throwing stuff at our players?

Everybody seems to be pointing the finger of blame at Adebayor but were the travelling fans really blameless? I think not!

There should be a full investigation held and the club (Arsenal) should be held responsible for the actions of their mindless 'fans'.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: The Arsenal Fans

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 pm

King Kev wrote:Why is nobody questioning the behaviour of the Arsenal fans who were trying to get on the pitch and were throwing stuff at our players?

Everybody seems to be pointing the finger of blame at Adebayor but were the travelling fans really blameless? I think not!

There should be a full investigation held and the club (Arsenal) should be held responsible for the actions of their mindless 'fans'.

I agree, what a bunch of cunts.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:03 pm

i realy dont get what the problem is with his celebration.
this is football for fuck sake and emotions run high. he was top scorer for arsenalfor 3 sesons (i think) and the fans have been slagging him off like fuck
i remember rooney running to the city fans last season and nothing was said.
it s fucking football
what IS wrong is people throwing things on the pitch. i hope the club use cctv to find the people because i guarantee if it was a city fan throwing somthing at a player they would get a life ban.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Meh they were a bunch of cunt's today starting to throw shit but then again their pissed off at themselves as they pushed out Ade and they know it's their fault. On another note Van persie scored ran to our fans giving shit gets nothing for it yet Ade got a yellow? Fucking joke! Okay Ade did a bit more to get to fans but the point still stands.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Did you not know kk that if someone runs 80 yrd towards u and slides on his knees that this entitles you to throw bits of bread and empty drink bottles. I just can't see the fa looking at this. App the steward that got hurt was dragged over the wall by them but that's ok cause ade wound them up...!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Closest thing to precedent i can think if is Fowler against the rags - i don't think he was sanctioned in any way. Although presumably the yellow card prevents the FA from doing anything.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Kippax » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Got to say that this was not the wisest of goal celebrations by adebayor, but bearing in mind all the hype in the build up and the abuse that he was getting throughout the game then you could perhaps understand if not condone his actions.

However as KK says, there should be an investigation into the subsequent behaviour of the Arsenal fans, after all was their reaction not totally over the top and inflamatory towards the city fans. Why can't all football fans just accept that if you are going to dish it out then at some point you are going to get it thrown back in your face.

I seem to remember Thierry Henry doing something very similar against Spuds at Highbury some years ago, where he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate infront of the Spuds fans. I wonder how many Gooners fans jammed the radio phone-ins after the game to complain.

Stop crying, pick your toys up and get on with life, shit happens.

Kippax.

Kippax
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:19 pm

It'll be interesting to see if anything is made of the bananas that were throw at Ade during the celebration.

It's amazing though, that a poncey little knee slide can get some people so viciously wound up. Those Arsenal fans were spitting blood, ready to tear him limb from limb. All from sliding on his knees in their direction. But apparently it's all Ade's fault? Isn't that a bit like getting in trouble for clipping a scally kid round the head after he's smashed up your car, but you get in trouble because the cherub can't help it, he's got ADD.

Shit analogy, but I hope my point is obvious.

Like those Scousers getting the police involved after Gary Neville did some sex pumps to them, when United scored in some game at OT. Neville is a loathesome little turd, but it was hard not to be amazed at how fucking ridiculous it was that the Scouser's accusations were taken seriously.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 pm

ive been thinking. know dont get me wrong i think there was nothing wrong with his celebration and i think its what makes football great things like this......but......
now this will NEVER happen but what it joey the cheeky scamp came back to city and did somthing similar.....what would the reaction be?
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby giokingkladze » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:07 am

Were they not throwing bananas at him??
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:12 am

In my experience, Arsenal fans can give it out but can't take it. It makes beating them (and the manner in which we beat them this season and last season) far more enjoyable than it otherwise would be.

Bananas, eh? Classy. Right up there with leeds and millwall.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:28 am

I have spent a good part of the night at work, listening to idiots on the radio. Toke spote repeatedly used the term "GOADING".

I agree that running 80 yards to celebrate in front of the gonners fans was less than wise but there was no action of GOADING at all. No suggestive or insulting gestures, no vebal abuse of the gonners fans...just a knee slide.

At what point should the gonners fans take responsibility for their own actions?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby saulman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 am

When Chuckle 1 did it at Liverpool I thought he was a dickhead for doing it and was hoping they'd ban him for ever. But when Adebayor did it yesterday, I found it funny as fuck and totally justified because of all the shit they were giving him. I supposed I must be biased. ;o)

Afterall, If Adebayor is supposed to have 'goaded' the fans in a few seconds of madness, is it not in response for their persistant 'goading' for over 80 minutes? In other words "They started it, Ade finished it."

What happened to Chuckle 1 anyway? Did he get a ban? I can't remember.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Elvistheblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 am

saulman wrote:When Chuckle 1 did it at Liverpool I thought he was a dickhead for doing it and was hoping they'd ban him for ever. But when Adebayor did it yesterday, I found it funny as fuck and totally justified because of all the shit they were giving him. I supposed I must be biased. ;o)

Afterall, If Adebayor is supposed to have 'goaded' the fans in a few seconds of madness, is it not in response for their persistant 'goading' for over 80 minutes? In other words "They started it, Ade finished it."

Chuckle1 got a 2 match ban if I remember rightly, but I'm not sure if he actually got booked at the time of the incident, which might fall in Ade's favour if the FA don't like what he did.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:22 am

[urlnp=http://onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18509]LINK[/urlnp]
i tell you what im dying for this game. fuck spurs city united chelsea its all about this game now. Gutted some of the away fans couldnt run on and stab ade, but hay thats just our luck at the moment.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 am

Elvistheblue wrote:
saulman wrote:When Chuckle 1 did it at Liverpool I thought he was a dickhead for doing it and was hoping they'd ban him for ever. But when Adebayor did it yesterday, I found it funny as fuck and totally justified because of all the shit they were giving him. I supposed I must be biased. ;o)

Chuckle1 got a 2 match ban if I remember rightly, but I'm not sure if he actually got booked at the time of the incident, which might fall in Ade's favour if the FA don't like what he did.

He got a 5k fine, and a 2 match ban, which was suspended for 2 years
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:29 am

dicks the lot of them, im sure that now we can reduce there ticket allocation because of what they did. give them 1500 on the bottom tier and let city fans have the 2nd tier
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am

King Kev wrote:[urlnp=http://onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18509]LINK[/urlnp]
i tell you what im dying for this game. fuck spurs city U***d chelsea its all about this game now. Gutted some of the away fans couldnt run on and stab ade, but hay thats just our luck at the moment.

Thats a brilliant site, they are going mental.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:33 am

Adebayor stamps on RVP deliberately incites the crowd and he is being made out to be a hero. They are making out his meaningless goal to be the winner.

Now let's see. They scored 2 goals, Ade scored the third goal. Doesn't that make it the winner?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:41 am

Isn't a winner only scored when someone wins by 1 goal from a deadlocked position?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum