The Arsenal Fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Arsenal Fans

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am

Weird really, we usually have decent enough banter with Arsenal. Must be 'the fear' kicking in with them, looks like they hate us as much as they hatespurs . . . good stuff, we must be doing something right
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

King Kev wrote:[urlnp=http://onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18509]LINK[/urlnp]
i tell you what im dying for this game. fuck spurs city U***d chelsea its all about this game now. Gutted some of the away fans couldnt run on and stab ade, but hay thats just our luck at the moment.

fuckinhell
the bitterness is scary!
lol

it seems to be a forum full of 15 year olds.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:07 pm

King Kev wrote:Why is nobody questioning the behaviour of the Arsenal fans who were trying to get on the pitch and were throwing stuff at our players?

Everybody seems to be pointing the finger of blame at Adebayor but were the travelling fans really blameless? I think not!

There should be a full investigation held and the club (Arsenal) should be held responsible for the actions of their mindless 'fans'.

Spot on.
Adebayor showed his emotions, something which imo he was entitled to do. Our own supporters seem to be willing to go with the ridiculous moral outrage of angry mob majority. I for one loved his reaction, something you don't see often enough in game, player showing it real meant lot to him. I would've done the same.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
King Kev wrote:Why is nobody questioning the behaviour of the Arsenal fans who were trying to get on the pitch and were throwing stuff at our players?

Everybody seems to be pointing the finger of blame at Adebayor but were the travelling fans really blameless? I think not!

There should be a full investigation held and the club (Arsenal) should be held responsible for the actions of their mindless 'fans'.

Spot on.
Adebayor showed his emotions, something which imo he was entitled to do. Our own supporters seem to be willing to go with the ridiculous moral outrage of angry mob majority. I for one loved his reaction, something you don't see often enough in game, player showing it real meant lot to him. I would've done the same.

eh? which ones? I was close to crying laughing - everyone on my row (and in the stadium as far as i could tell) was the same - then we spent the rest of the game goading the Arse fans further. The steward in the recovery position diluted the mirth slightly but I haven't exactly seen any Blues calling for sanctions. We're surely all united on this.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:

Spot on.

eh? which ones? I was close to crying laughing - everyone on my row (and in the stadium as far as i could tell) was the same - then we spent the rest of the game goading the Arse fans further. The steward in the recovery position diluted the mirth slightly but I haven't exactly seen any Blues calling for sanctions. We're surely all U***d on this.

There are some silly comments in Adebayor thread.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Spot on.

Are you talking abut Adebayors celebration or the bit where he stood on RVP's face?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Grob wrote:

Spot on.

Are you talking abut Adebayors celebration or the bit where he stood on RVP's face?

Is the thread title a clue?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 pm

ronk wrote:
Grob wrote:

Spot on.

You would have thought so but there is no 'angry mob' against the Ade run but some slightly more damning comments over the bit where he kick RVP in the face. The sentence i highlighted seems to be misplaced, hence my asking for clarification. Warranted would you not agree?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Grob wrote:
ronk wrote:
Grob wrote:

Spot on.

You would have thought so but there is no 'angry mob' against the Ade run but some slightly more damning comments over the bit where he kick RVP in the face. The sentence i highlighted seems to be misplaced, hence my asking for clarification. Warranted would you not agree?

There's angry mob of supporters of other clubs sitting on their high horses over Adebayors celebration. I didn't think he kicked RVP in purpose by the way but I will start watching the game again in few minutes.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Our own supporters seem to be willing to go with the ridiculous moral outrage of angry mob majority.

There's angry mob of supporters of other clubs sitting on their high horses over Adebayors celebration.

which is it?
(and the stamp/kick/poke doesn't look great on second watch)
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Our own supporters seem to be willing to go with the ridiculous moral outrage of angry mob majority.

There's angry mob of supporters of other clubs sitting on their high horses over Adebayors celebration.

which is it?
(and the stamp/kick/poke doesn't look great on second watch)

What? They are one and the same.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

which is it?

You started with "our own supporters" then said that it was "supporters of other clubs". Which did you mean?
It's pretty obvious that those two quotes do not mean the same thing.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:17 pm

which is it?

You started with "our own supporters" then said that it was "supporters of other clubs". Which did you mean?

(some of) Our own supporters seem willing to join supporters of other clubs taking a moral high ground on this one. They both mean exactly the same.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 pm

(some of) Our own supporters seem willing to join supporters of other clubs taking a moral high ground on this one. They both mean exactly the same.

Having added "some of" - point me to just one ("some" would be better) quote from a City fan (bearing in mind there were precisely 0/48000 on saturday) who has shown "the ridiculous moral outrage of angry mob majority" or has been anywhere near a "high horse" (yourself excepted) over Adebayor's goal celebration.
If you cannot do this, you could consider apologising.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:If you cannot do this, you could consider apologising.

Are you sure you're not Dev?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:39 pm

King Kev wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:If you cannot do this, you could consider apologising.

Are you sure you're not Dev?

certain.
None of our supporters have done any such thing - it's a bizarre and false accusation.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You must be fucking gutted if we beat rags in derby. Would make you look pretty silly. And let's face it, it's all about how you look.

This one was more offensive though.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby xavi6 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Look at them go -

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 pm

xavi6 wrote:Look at them go -

Did any of them think they were actually going to do anything? Ade is the size of a tree.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm

xavi6 wrote:Look at them go -

Did any of them think they were actually going to do anything? Ade is the size of a tree.

In a strange way I would have liked one of the muppets to have got on to the pitch and up the Adebayor.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:53 pm

King Kev wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Did any of them think they were actually going to do anything? Ade is the size of a tree.

In a strange way I would have liked one of the muppets to have got on to the pitch and up the Adebayor.

that would be quite the response...
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum