Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade in trouble?

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:07 am

The Celebration - He was booked for this, the FA rules say he can't be punished twice for the same incident.

The 'Stamp' - The closest person to the incident was the Ref, he says it wasn't a foul.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 am

Two things - a stamp is a vertical movement of the foot - a poke is a lateral movement of the foot - Ade pokes VP's head IT IS NOT A STAMP (even if it's deliberate)

Second thing - I hope the fan who knocked one of our stewards unconcious (SSN report) by throwing things onto the pitch has action taken against him/her - it doesnt matter what the provocation, if you throw objects that hit someone you have to face the consequences - it's more intentional than anything Ade did.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby shawzy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 am

[youtube]RHwXBRNGdGs[/youtube]
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby svengali » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 am

[youtube]CkwuZgCbAdY[/youtube]

[youtube]4FbeuzNx-aA[/youtube]

[youtube]V4U3s04WmjM[/youtube]

Is it really worse than these offenses that have gone unpunished?
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CityGer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 am

He will get hammered for the stamp and it's hard to put a case forward for him. His own explanation was poor at best. Ban coming his way.

As for the celebration, no problem in my eyes, fans give it out and have to take it back sometimes - without hurling things on to the pitch and attacking stewards. The Arse fans have ripped Ade apart for months and need to grow up and accept that they asked for this. I've had messages from an Arse fan saying that Ade could have started a riot. No, your fans could have and nearly did because they couldn't handle what they dish out.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 am

i dont think it was a stamp, but ade did go and have a flic at vp, but what about a behind ,two footed, off the floor incident before that happened with ade. now if the ref says he didnt see it, then he didnt see the two footed challenge, so vp should also be red carded for it.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Crossie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Van Driver deserves it, i fucking hate him, cheat.

It was his foul tackle that led to the "stamp" If he didnt try and foul Ade, there would have been no scares on his little bum boy face right now
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:58 pm

david yearsley wrote:Just seen Evra deliberately stamp on Charlies back - will he get a ban? Ref took NO action

Is there a link to this?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:59 pm

van Persie's own comments are a little strange, and at odds with how most people are reading the incident.

Van Persie said: "I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made.

"He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans."

Surely if he'd moved forwards, he'd have collided full on with van Persie's head rather than a glancing blow. There's a strong case to be made that by moving backwards and bringing his foot around he was trying to avoid van Persie.

Adebayor was off balance because of the way he jumped out of that challenge to avoid breaking his ankle. Is he actually capable of timing a kick like that to someone behind him?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm

My first thoughts after seeing the replay from behind Ade during the match, was that he was trying to avoid landing on VPs hand - Ade is clearly looking towards VP and where he is about to land, and makes a deliberate correction to the position of his foot. I honestly think the contact with VPs head is accidental.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Dameerto wrote:My first thoughts after seeing the replay from behind Ade during the match, was that he was trying to avoid landing on VPs hand - Ade is clearly looking towards VP and where he is about to land, and makes a deliberate correction to the position of his foot. I honestly think the contact with VPs head is accidental.

Having warched It over and over again I agree ..purley accidental Imo
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shawzy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Front camera shot it looks deliberate.From the rear camera it looks innocent.Still think the FA will do him for it and he will miss the derby :-(
shawzy

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 pm

shawzy wrote:Front camera shot it looks deliberate.From the rear camera it looks innocent.Still think the FA will do him for it and he will miss the derby :-(

Does anyone know if action this week would result in an insti-ban (a.k.a. missing the derby) or if we could delay it with an appeal or somesuch? We need him for the derby loads.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Anyway, what about some retrospective action on VP for trying to take Ade's leg off at the knee and causing the whole incident in the first place? It was a potential leg-breaker if Ade had his leg planted
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby shawzy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
shawzy wrote:Front camera shot it looks deliberate.From the rear camera it looks innocent.Still think the FA will do him for it and he will miss the derby :-(

Does anyone know if action this week would result in an insti-ban (a.k.a. missing the derby) or if we could delay it with an appeal or somesuch? We need him for the derby loads.

Im sure he can get an instant ban and miss the derby.Someone plz quote me on it if im wrong but im certain.It does delay things if he appeals and would therefore enable him to play at the swamp.If he loses the appeal the punishment can be more severe
shawzy

Postby Chad » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:36 pm

shawzy wrote:

Im sure he can get an instant ban and miss the derby.Someone plz quote me on it if im wrong but im certain.It does delay things if he appeals and would therefore enable him to play at the swamp.If he loses the appeal the punishment can be more severe

Exactly my worry mate. If the appeal is thought to be frivolous he might get another couple of games.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:44 pm

shawzy wrote:

i thought someone mentioned in the thread about this that upon any action taken against Ade, if City appeal then it would push the decision out 7 days so that the appeal could be heard. is that correct and is it actually that simple?

i do think there is a strong case for no action to be taken given that the ref has done nothing at the time. However, i believe ultimately something will be done because it's garnered so much attention and certainly from the views i have seen he takes a good swipe at his face after a momentary pause. it's hard to deny that part, even with blue-tinted glasses on, isn't it?

Can someone show me the other view they are talking about that makes it seem accidental, because the ones i reviewed last night and this morning look more than incriminating. What is saw was him "accidentally" give him a boot to the face while he's trying to gently stamp his hand. ;)

I'm sure you could argue that wasn't intentional...but given the rash challenge he worked hard to avoid my thinking if i were Ade was that it was the least RVP deserved. Things just happen sometimes.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

F*ck F*ck F*ck

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Sorry for new thread, but Poll is on SSN and said procedure has changed this season and he is adament Ade will miss the derby.

Please God he's somehow wrong.
Original Dub

Re: F*ck F*ck F*ck

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Since when was it up to him?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: F*ck F*ck F*ck

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Doesn't he have to be found guilty of misconduct first.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum