Was Ireland Ill/Injured Yesterday?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Was Ireland Ill/Injured Yesterday?

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Jeezes. Give me a fucking break.
People are slagging off Stevie when it's obvious that he was playing with an injury. He has dropped little further down but has generally been good this season as well. They have adopted box-to-box role with Barry meaning he isn't as much involved with attacks but it doesn't make him shit.

And just for the record, I was never willing to drive him anywhere and always saw potential in him pretty much since he made his debut. Some people didn't think he'd make it but I always did, and I'm bloody proud about it.

Excellent post.

So that's two of us that would completely like to disassociate ourselves with RIG's comment that ALL of us wanted to drive him out of the club then...
Original Dub

Postby Grob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
People are slagging off Stevie when it's obvious that he was playing with an injury. He has dropped little further down but has generally been good this season as well. They have adopted box-to-box role with Barry meaning he isn't as much involved with attacks but it doesn't make him shit.

And just for the record, I was never willing to drive him anywhere and always saw potential in him pretty much since he made his debut. Some people didn't think he'd make it but I always did, and I'm bloody proud about it.

Excellent post.

So that's two of us that would completely like to disassociate ourselves with RIG's comment that ALL of us wanted to drive him out of the club then...

As we're doing I told you so's, i never advocated and plans to sell him either.

RIG's post is so wierd

How does he know Hughes wouldnt drop Ireland??

He also said that Ireland plays deeper than our other midfielders. Well he didnt on Saturday. He was the most advanced. He hasnt played as a defensive midfielder all season.

Then theres this new position he's playing in. Last season he played central midfield. This season he's played in central midfield. Last season he got forward a great deal. This season he's got forward just as much. He's just not seen as much of the ball or has not done good things with it when it came his way. Its not like he's playing as a defensive midfielder or a full back or striker. Is he so much of a 1 trick pony that he cannot adapt to role barely any different to his role last season??

Then theres his Ireland missing Elano line. Is that the same Elano who was a bit part player last season and when he did play passed exclusivly to Robinho?? You could count the ammount of times Ireland and Elano hooked up for chances and goals on 1 hand.

Its just a load of rubbish.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Grob wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Excellent post.

As we're doing I told you so's, i never advocated and plans to sell him either.

RIG's post is so wierd

How does he know Hughes wouldnt drop Ireland??

He also said that Ireland plays deeper than our other midfielders. Well he didnt on Saturday. He was the most advanced. He hasnt played as a defensive midfielder all season.

Then theres this new position he's playing in. Last season he played central midfield. This season he's played in central midfield. Last season he got forward a great deal. This season he's got forward just as much. He's just not seen as much of the ball or has not done good things with it when it came his way. Its not like he's playing as a defensive midfielder or a full back or striker. Is he so much of a 1 trick pony that he cannot adapt to role barely any different to his role last season??

Then theres his Ireland missing Elano line. Is that the same Elano who was a bit part player last season and when he did play passed exclusivly to Robinho?? You could count the ammount of times Ireland and Elano hooked up for chances and goals on 1 hand.

Its just a load of rubbish.

Well mate, I agree with you for the most part, but both hughes and Ireland have confirmed that while he is playing central midfield, it is a new role in that he has been asked to hold back more and keep the link with Barry. He's definitely playing deeper and while he does and will make those runs into the box, I don't expect it to be with the same freqency as last season. It doesn't overly bother me, he's still scored a goal for us already this season and I'm sure he'll slot into any role that can help the team, just like he has always done without complaining.

RIG's posts were beginning to make more sense of late, but you're right - that last post was downright wierd.

First of all saying everybody on here wanted Ireland gone from the club last summer and would drive him there ourselves. That was a complete lie and I'm sure he won't apologise to us for that. Also implying hughes will play him regardless of form or fitness?!! How strange!
I think RIG didn't rate Ireland and went to town on him last summer and is somehow implying that he is now a hughes favourite and that's why he's being played... ignoring the fact that he was our player of the year and he's now carrying an injury.

The overall important thing is that the team continue to gel at the same rate they are currently. We are winning all of our games so every piece is fitting nicely. But soon, our defence will be used to playing with each other, as will our midfield and attack.

Everyone seems willing to give time to both attack and defence gelling as a unit - the same has to be given to midfield as a unit.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

I think Robson made him look good last year and this year he is reverting back to his normal level which had him linked with the mighty Sunderland.
And some of the experts on here might not have wanted to drive him there but there were plenty who did.
If we get 10 good games out of him this season no doubt the majorities sweetheart will win POTY
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:Oh dear lord.

So we have VHero still insisting the rest of us stop making excuses for Ireland even though it has now been confirmed he has been carrying an injury. Does the same apply to Robinho? How's he doing this season? How many has he scored? No 'excuses' now!

We have RagHater delighted that Ireland didn't play well because he thinks our player of the year for last season only had a few good games. And Bellamy has only had one good game since we bought him... slagging off two of our first team in one post... Then again he's a fucking total out and out window licker so it means fuck all.

RIG - whatever you said about driving Ireland to wherever wanted him, that's fucking stupid enough but the fucking cheek of you to suggest that everyone on here said the same - you know its a fucking lie and I personally want to have nothing to do with that stupid comment. No more than I did the first time round when people wanted him gone.

Three city 'supporters', eh?

hmmm.

I said stop making excuses for the entire game he only got the injury at the end people were going on like he had it the entire game which he clearly didn't don't try to twist my words to better your argument. Also his injury in this game doesn't excuse how poor he has been in previous games but whatever you guys all fucking ignore stuff like that as it "suits" your arguments. I love how you guys pick and choose bits of facts to make an argument instead of the whole story. I bring it up and get slated but whatever. You keep it up as I know he has been off form for more than 1 game and its not all because of an injury which he gained just before he was taken off and if your all too blind to see it like you all say to me maybe YOU lot should start watching the fucking streams.
However I have stuck up for the guy and said he has been going through a bad patch and will get through it I'm just not stupid enough to blame the last few bad performances on a few minutes of injury as that's fucking stupid.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 pm

From the OS -

After the game boss Mark Hughes confirmed that his midfielder had been close to going off at half time due to a knock that he had been carrying for some time.

So he didn't get it shortly before being taken off
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Vhero wrote:

So we have VHero still insisting the rest of us stop making excuses for Ireland even though it has now been confirmed he has been carrying an injury. Does the same apply to Robinho? How's he doing this season? How many has he scored? No 'excuses' now!

We have RagHater delighted that Ireland didn't play well because he thinks our player of the year for last season only had a few good games. And Bellamy has only had one good game since we bought him... slagging off two of our first team in one post... Then again he's a fucking total out and out window licker so it means fuck all.

RIG - whatever you said about driving Ireland to wherever wanted him, that's fucking stupid enough but the fucking cheek of you to suggest that everyone on here said the same - you know its a fucking lie and I personally want to have nothing to do with that stupid comment. No more than I did the first time round when people wanted him gone.

hmmm.

I said stop making excuses for the entire game he only got the injury at the end people were going on like he had it the entire game which he clearly didn't don't try to twist my words to better your argument. Also his injury in this game doesn't excuse how poor he has been in previous games but whatever you guys all fucking ignore stuff like that as it "suits" your arguments. I love how you guys pick and choose bits of facts to make an argument instead of the whole story. I bring it up and get slated but whatever. You keep it up as I know he has been off form for more than 1 game and its not all because of an injury which he gained just before he was taken off and if your all too blind to see it like you all say to me maybe YOU lot should start watching the fucking streams.
However I have stuck up for the guy and said he has been going through a bad patch and will get through it I'm just not stupid enough to blame the last few bad performances on a few minutes of injury as that's fucking stupid.

Hold your fucking horses there for one second. What's this shit you keep spouting about "you lot" and "all of you"... YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG. The injury happened earlier in the game and it has been confirmed by Hughes himself that he was carrying a knock and maybe should have taken off at half time. That is a fucking FACT. Lets call it fact no 1.

You also still refuse to address the other FACT that hughes and Ireland have confirmed he is playing in a deeper role now, so the chances of him setting up and scoring goals will more than likely be lessened as a result. These aren't fucking 'excuses', these are facts. Lets call that one fact no 2.

It was only the other day that you were using the same tone towards people who were criticising Robinho. What's his fucking 'excuse'? He's a forward and Ireland has scored more goals and has more assists than him. Lets call that fact no 3.

Bit of perspective before you use such glaring tones Vhero.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I think Robson made him look good last year and this year he is reverting back to his normal level which had him linked with the mighty Sunderland.
And some of the experts on here might not have wanted to drive him there but there were plenty who did.
If we get 10 good games out of him this season no doubt the majorities sweetheart will win POTY

How's your player of the year? Elano!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What a fucking strange old cunt of a statement - "Robson made Ireland look good last year"... even if we ignored the two players stats and pretended that window licking statement was true... what's the problem with that? Lets hope he makes him look good again this year eh? Its called teamwork...

You slag off Ireland whenever you get a chance and you call yourself a city fan. You don't think he deserved to be POTY last year and you call yourself a football fan?

You know fuck all about football. Absolutely fuck all. You must live alone and play with your balls all day because its a different ball game than the rest of us are talking about.
Original Dub

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

hmmm.

Hold your fucking horses there for one second. What's this shit you keep spouting about "you lot" and "all of you"... YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG. The injury happened earlier in the game and it has been confirmed by Hughes himself that he was carrying a knock and maybe should have taken off at half time. That is a fucking FACT. Lets call it fact no 1.

You also still refuse to address the other FACT that hughes and Ireland have confirmed he is playing in a deeper role now, so the chances of him setting up and scoring goals will more than likely be lessened as a result. These aren't fucking 'excuses', these are facts. Lets call that one fact no 2.

It was only the other day that you were using the same tone towards people who were criticising Robinho. What's his fucking 'excuse'? He's a forward and Ireland has scored more goals and has more assists than him. Lets call that fact no 3.

Bit of perspective before you use such glaring tones Vhero.

Dub, actually to further add you defense err..defence, it has been reported the knock was picked up originally at Portsmouth, and re-aggrevated in first half Saturday.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 pm

It doesn't take much for you lot to lose the plot does it.
A criticism of your favourite boy and you experts cant stop swearing.
Rag_hater

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Rag_hater wrote:It doesn't take much for you lot to lose the plot does it.

for you to refer to everyone else in the second person plural like that must mean you're not one of us so what are you?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:20 pm

And vhero wasn't swearing? Bit one-eyed there.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:

for you to refer to everyone else in the second person plural like that must mean you're not one of us so what are you?

Of course he's not one of us.

We don't lick windows.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

We don't lick windows.

That jokes a bit old now like the one in your signature.
I thought you claim to be original.
I was hoping I was still on your foe list.
God its easy to get you to bite even for a licker like me
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

We don't lick windows.

You see, everytime someone pisses me off in the real world I take the foe button off the fucktards and let it all out.

Then when I'm at ease, I foe again.

Thanks for helping.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

We don't lick windows.

You see, everytime someone pisses me off in the real world I take the foe button off the fucktards and let it all out.

Then when I'm at ease, I foe again.

Thanks for helping.

Hurry up and get the foe on again I find arguing with you boring
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Then why did you reply like a silly old cunt?

BTW, that's not a joke in my sig, they're lyrics... that means words belonging to a song for those who haven't a fucking clue in general.

Like you.
Original Dub

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I think Robson made him look good last year and this year he is reverting back to his normal level which had him linked with the mighty Sunderland.

you my friend are a f*cktard
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

you my friend are a f*cktard

So so so many people have tried to tell him this but the problem with fucktardery is that the fucktard doesn't know he suffers from fucktardery. He thinks he has reasoned debate and reasonable points.

If I didn't know for a fact that this lad was simple, I'd say he was just on a wind up, because I've never heard of a city fan thinking Ireland only had a few good games last season and shouldn't have been given the Player of the Year Award.

He thought the award should have gone to Elano.

:)
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm confused.

The 2nd person to answer my question in this thread seemed pretty certain (and dismissive of me even asking the question) that "He's going through some poor form. Thats all."

Yet now we have the player and manager claiming that he is injured.

Who do we believe?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum