RSC?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

RSC?

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 am

Any news on his fitness battle?
The way the press are bitching on about Manu it seems we might need him in the very near future - before the weekend would be nice!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: RSC?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:12 am

He is scheduled to start training with the full squad this week.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 am

Just in time. I said we actually looked a bit short of strikers when all those jokes were flying about. If RSC isn't fit we'll be on for Bellers up front and Rigsby, or more hopefully Weiss, on the left at the swamp. Would prefer Bellers on the left first and RSC up front, at least until RSC is knackered.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Crossie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:28 am

Too soon for RSC I think, he wont be anything like up to speed.

Id go with Bellers and Wiess, unleash the lad on the biggest stage of all, he is more than capable of handling it i reckon
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

Ah how fucking worried should we be if he's not ready for the rags if Ade gets a ban? Bellers is doing well with another striker to play off I don't think he will be enough to take down the rags on his own up front.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:22 am

i have posted this once already ade will appeal against any ban therefore he will play against
the scum.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 am

Fingers crossed we can have Santa Cruz available for the weekend, even if its just for 20-30 minutes off the bench.
Grob

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Wooders wrote:The way the press are bitching on about Manu it seems we might need him in the very near future - before the weekend would be nice!

I thought we'd all agreed that we weren't going to use that nickname?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Wooders wrote:The way the press are bitching on about Manu it seems we might need him in the very near future - before the weekend would be nice!

Thought it was just me. When I saw Manu, I thought he was being nice to the rags.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm

feedthegreek wrote:i have posted this once already ade will appeal against any ban therefore he will play against
the scum.

Then you'll be wrong for the second time. FA have till 6pm Tuesday to charge him, City have till 6pm Wednesday to appeal, appeal would be either Thursday or Friday win any ban starting immediately. I think it's safe to say he's out of the derby, as a minimum.

As for RSC, I'd have him on the bench, just to get the last 10 minutes out of his head if it's not going well. Just need Dunney back to launch the balls at him.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Really looking forward to seeing RSC in action this year I think he will turn out tto be a really handy player for us.

If (when) Ade is banned how about this front line for the Swamp.

- - - Petrov - - - Tevez - - - Bellamy

Lots of pace and graft, I know theres not much physical power up there but i'm sure these 3 will be enough to cause there defence problems. If Tevez isn't fit in time to make it, I say move Bellamy inside and give the young wonderkid Weiss a chance out on the right. It will be a delight to watch him skin Evra.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:28 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Really looking forward to seeing RSC in action this year I think he will turn out tto be a really handy player for us.

If (when) Ade is banned how about this front line for the Swamp.

- - - Petrov - - - Tevez - - - Bellamy

Lots of pace and graft, I know theres not much physical power up there but i'm sure these 3 will be enough to cause there defence problems. If Tevez isn't fit in time to make it, I say move Bellamy inside and give the young wonderkid Weiss a chance out on the right. It will be a delight to watch him skin Evra.

No Shauny?
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 am

It will be fantastic to have RSC as an option. He can totally change the shape of the attack and is a very instinctive finisher. I just hope his crockish injury concerns are overhyped.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 am

Somerset Blue wrote:

I never agreed that. Then again I am not obsessed with that bunch of twats.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 am

I come in here expecting a bit of Shakespeare....

The sooner all our players are fit, the better. Might Johnson be an option for the derby? That way we could maybe push Ireland further forward.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 am

Slim wrote:It will be fantastic to have RSC as an option. He can totally change the shape of the attack and is a very instinctive finisher. I just hope his crockish injury concerns are overhyped.

I'm hoping we can have enough of the game out of him to shape it our way. The rest of the squad should be well capable of holding out now if we get a couple ahead. Unlike the 'all hands to the pumps' strategy of the last umpteen years.

Still don't think Les will rush him though, whoever is missing, if he thinks a week full training isn't enough.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:It will be fantastic to have RSC as an option. He can totally change the shape of the attack and is a very instinctive finisher. I just hope his crockish injury concerns are overhyped.

I'm hoping we can have enough of the game out of him to shape it our way. The rest of the squad should be well capable of holding out now if we get a couple ahead. Unlike the 'all hands to the pumps' strategy of the last umpteen years.

Still don't think Les will rush him though, whoever is missing, if he thinks a week full training isn't enough.

He allows for natural width and if we played a 4-4-2 with Ade and him up front, Petrov/Bridge would just be bombing the six yard box with cross after cross with targets worth aiming at.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am

From what Les & co have been hinting; RSC has been more or less fit for a while but they've been holding him back being very very careful not to risk starting him before his injury is 100% healed so he doesn't break down in the future. To then suddenly throw him in against the rag hackers is daft imo unless they're absolutely 100% sure he's fully fit. One challenge like Felcher did on Arshavin & he could be out for months.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 am

The only time he is absolutely required fit is January when we lose Ade, so if Hughes(Clueless name has been hibernated while he is doing so well...see, credit where credit is due) wants to hold him back and make sure he is fit and not going to re-injure himself, then I have no problem with it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Thought it was just me. When I saw Manu, I thought he was being nice to the rags.

Nope. Me too.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Return to The Maine Football forum