Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:53 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has emerged as a transfer target for Celtic boss Tony Mowbray.Daily Mirror

Chelsea have agreed in principle to sign 17-year-old Croatian goalkeeper Matej Delac from Inter Zapresic for about £2m. However, unless the Blues win an appeal over their transfers ban, they will not be able to sign him until January 2011. (Daily Mail)

Wigan striker Marlon King has been linked with a loan move to Championship side Sheffield United Daily Mirror

Former Manchester City defender Michael Ball is being targeted by Notts County director of football Sven-Goran Eriksson. The 29-year-old is currently without a club. Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor could be handed a six-match ban by the Football Association for his clash with Robin van Persie, who claims he was deliberately stamped on, and the goal celebration in the game against the Togo international's former club Arsenal. (Daily Star)

Or Adebayor's punishment may consist of a four-match suspension. Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 54441.html

Reading may be the next club in line for a big-money takeover, with chairman John Madejski weighing up a £80m deal to sell the Championship club to a Middle Eastern consortium.
The Sun

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... issa-satta

AND FINALLY
There were no draws in the Premier League this weekend and there have only been three in the 46 top-flight matches played in England so far this season. (The Sun)

more bollox later
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 am

Fucking gonna kick off today with this Adebayor punishment.

Gary Neville vs Liverpool = £5000 fine
Adebayor vs Arsenal = ?????

someone vs someone "stamp" = 1 or 2 game ban
Adebayor vs Arsenal "stamp" = ????? (4/6 game ban? fuck off!)
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby City1970 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 am

I didnt think the FA can act against his celebration, as he got booked for it, or are the FA gonna change their rules again (a la SWP vs Stoke last season).
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 am

It's the incident with VP (which the ref and linesmen didnt see) that's the worry - the contact between Ade's boot and VPs cheek
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 am

Dameerto wrote:It's the incident with VP (which the ref and linesmen didnt see) that's the worry - the contact between Ade's boot and VPs cheek

So if they didn't see it, why did they award Arse a free kick. VP came in 2 footed on Ade, Ade stamped on VP, VP won a free kick. So the ref must have seen the offence to award the free kick. As such the FA should not be able to interfer in incidents already dealt with durring the game
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am

sweenyuk wrote:
Dameerto wrote:It's the incident with VP (which the ref and linesmen didnt see) that's the worry - the contact between Ade's boot and VPs cheek

So if they didn't see it, why did they award Arse a free kick. VP came in 2 footed on Ade, Ade stamped on VP, VP won a free kick. So the ref must have seen the offence to award the free kick. As such the FA should not be able to interfer in incidents already dealt with durring the game

By 'stamped on' you mean glancing blow, right? There is no way it was a stamp whatever the tabloids are telling you - the contact was lateral not vertical.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:00 pm

At least the very nice WAG gives temporary relief from all the Ade slating
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC