Desperado's, mercenaries and only here for the money ....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Desperado's, mercenaries and only here for the money ....

Postby lythamblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:58 am

..... or so the media would have liked to have us believe!

Well, they certainly seem to be trying hard enough to me.

It's not just the five straight wins (6 if you include Barca) that's impressed me with our season so far. It's the fact that I honestly couldn't point a finger at any one of the players we have used and claim that they haven't 'put in a shift'!

To a man, everyone selected has worked their bollox off and earned every point we have gained. To me, this is the most important aspect of the first 5/6 games and probably has more longer term value than the points themselves.

As the season continues, as long as the players we have keep up the hard work, this will give us the basis for our undoubted quality to continue to shine through. Obviously we are going to have a few bad results along the way ..... but not many provided we keep up this kind of work rate.

Our resilience has been first class, culminating in our efforts last Saturday when Arsenal deservedly equalised. City last year would have crumbled, but not this one. This side took the punch right on the chin. It hurt for a moment, but they came right back with a stunning 15 minute spell, which to be honest .... even I didn't think we were capable of.

Before this weekend I used to think .... it will be interesting to see how we react when we are under the cosh or even go a goal behind? Now, I will feel a lot more confident when that eventually happens.

So far ..... so good!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Desperado's, mercenaries and only here for the money ....

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 am

To add to that I get the feeling that Hughes is not one to accept people not putting in a shift. That can only be a good thing.

The MCFC haters are coming out.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 am

Very true Lytham. It's a point I'm going to pick up on in my future match preview but it's there for all to see that there are no slackers in the team. Even Micah is putting in.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 am

I'm sure that this would have been used as a motivation tool for the players by Hughes. I'm sure they are all determined to prove all the doubters wrong and stick two fingers up to the press and people like rafa.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Agree, and it seemed particularly noticeable on Saturday. Everyone was pulling together, typified by the 'high five' between two of our players (Barry and Lescott?) late in the game when one of them put the ball firmly out of play. Definitely looking like a team.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:Agree, and it seemed particularly noticeable on Saturday. Everyone was pulling together, typified by the 'high five' between two of our players (Barry and Lescott?) late in the game when one of them put the ball firmly out of play. Definitely looking like a team.

I also think the fans and the players are coming together. I loved Saturday a bit like I used to when I was kid and felt a real shift. It was just a great place to be on Saturday and if us as fans can keep this up it can only benefit the team. Hughes has already said about the lift the players get from a great atmosphere.
Sister of fu

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I also think the fans and the players are coming together. I loved Saturday a bit like I used to when I was kid and felt a real shift. It was just a great place to be on Saturday and if us as fans can keep this up it can only benefit the team. Hughes has already said about the lift the players get from a great atmosphere.

Wasn't there but watched the full 90 mins on Sky, the noise from the home crowd was amazing, never heard anything like that at COMS before.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I also think the fans and the players are coming together. I loved Saturday a bit like I used to when I was kid and felt a real shift. It was just a great place to be on Saturday and if us as fans can keep this up it can only benefit the team. Hughes has already said about the lift the players get from a great atmosphere.

Wasn't there but watched the full 90 mins on Sky, the noise from the home crowd was amazing, never heard anything like that at COMS before.

It was awesome on Saturday and thought it was a bit wierd that we didn't have the obligatory 'Atmosphere' thread on here; or do we just have them when it's dead, I'm not sure?!?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It was awesome on Saturday and thought it was a bit wierd that we didn't have the obligatory 'Atmosphere' thread on here; or do we just have them when it's dead, I'm not sure?!?

I was at the Wolves game and that, by comparison, was about the worst.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 pm

Saturday was on par for me with hamburg and was prob better as the sun was shinning. I sit in the north stand and the placev was buzzing and alive. Iv not seen it like that. I loved the fact how blue the ground looked when watching it on motd. It was great.
Sister of fu

Postby anthonytomo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Saturday was on par for me with hamburg and was prob better as the sun was shinning. I sit in the north stand and the placev was buzzing and alive. Iv not seen it like that. I loved the fact how blue the ground looked when watching it on motd. It was great.

Something not right about this line ;o)
anthonytomo
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Grob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 pm

To an outsider i suppose that pretty much what it looked like.

Its nice to prove them wrong but i dont blame people for thinking that money was the main reason alot of these players are playing here.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 pm

anthonytomo wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Saturday was on par for me with hamburg and was prob better as the sun was shinning. I sit in the north stand and the placev was buzzing and alive. Iv not seen it like that. I loved the fact how blue the ground looked when watching it on motd. It was great.

Something not right about this line ;o)

I know I was well dubious about sitting there this season but for personnal reasons had to, can say I was plesently suprised and can't wait for the next game.
Sister of fu

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Grob wrote:To an outsider i suppose that pretty much what it looked like.

Its nice to prove them wrong but i dont blame people for thinking that money was the main reason alot of these players are playing here.

If nothing else Adebayor has proven that he didn't move for the money.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Grob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 am

ronk wrote:

Will Tevez if he scores the clinches at OT and knee slides with his arm out infront of the stretford end following a 90 yard run?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 am

Grob wrote:Will Tevez if he scores the clinches at OT and knee slides with his arm out infront of the stretford end following a 90 yard run?

Only if he stomps on Berbatov's head as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 am

Obviously money was a major draw for many of our players, but also, there had to be a plan in place for them to take the gamble of going to a club who could possibly do a Leeds.

One thing I will say though, is that it will not take them long to have the Blue Blood of City running through them; we'll see to that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby One cap Whitey » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am

Slim wrote:
Grob wrote:Will Tevez if he scores the clinches at OT and knee slides with his arm out infront of the stretford end following a 90 yard run?

Only if he stomps on Berbatov's head as well.

And lifts his top up to reveal a welcome to Manchester T-Shirt.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:12 am

Grob wrote:
ronk wrote:

Will Tevez if he scores the clinches at OT and knee slides with his arm out infront of the stretford end following a 90 yard run?

I didn't think Tevez moved for the money. I'd prefer him to celebrate in front of the City fans in any case.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:18 am

ronk wrote:
Grob wrote:
ronk wrote:

I didn't think Tevez moved for the money. I'd prefer him to celebrate in front of the City fans in any case.

I'd like him to score & then show his arse to Ferguson. Ok he'd get banned but it'd be worth it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum