Weiss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Weiss

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Anyone fancy him to start against the Rags on Sunday?

If I was Mark i'd give the lad a go...he's young and doesn't seem phased by big occasions...I reckon he'd have a good go at the dirty bastards
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Weiss

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 pm

No. Off the bench should be sufficient.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 pm

If Ireland is injured then yes. In a central attacking role.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 pm

I honestly had this same thought earlier aswell...... I'd say to the lad, OK here you go, go out and and enjoy it, just play your normal game, no pressure etc!!!

Although if Tevez is fit to start and Ade does get banned then I can't see young Vlad starting unfortunately.

Was a shame he didn't come on against Arsenal, I'd have liked to see him get a run out against them and to show us more of what he can do!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Fish111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:22 pm

dazby wrote:No. Off the bench should be sufficient.

Agreed, i actually cannot see him being used at all in this game. Against teams outside of the SKY 4 would be better for him imo.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Grob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes, but ill leave team selection in Hughes's capable hands. He's got it perfect so far this season.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Grob wrote:Yes, but ill leave team selection in Hughes's capable hands. He's got it perfect so far this season.

Grob, no talking about the manager unless we're doing bad. You should know that!

I said I'd start Weiss against Arsenal in place of Tevez... however this is a whole new ball game. This will be like a furnace and the likes of Fletcher would hack at him and probably get away with it like he did against Arse.

I'd have him on the bench again, but I'd change as little as possible from last match.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Grob wrote:Yes, but ill leave team selection in Hughes's capable hands. He's got it perfect so far this season.

Can't really disagree about the latter part. Five wins out of five speaks it's own language. You can't argue with the results. Simple.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:00 pm

IF Weiss did play I am sure it would be wide right and not in a central role. He hasn't got the awareness for that role ( and mybe not the touch either) with tackles coming in from all angles. Subs bench for me but with no fear to bring him on if we need a lift and a goal or even better we are 3 up with 15 or 20 to go.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:IF Weiss did play I am sure it would be wide right and not in a central role. He hasn't got the awareness for that role ( and mybe not the touch either) with tackles coming in from all angles. Subs bench for me but with no fear to bring him on if we need a lift and a goal or even better we are 3 up with 15 or 20 to go.

no training today??

I want some Michael Johnson update....
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Day off for them today. At least that's what they told me but I will get down tomorrow for an update.

I did go yesterday though and Johnno did a full training session. There were 8 of them , Ned/Silvinho/Vidal/Petrov/Garrido/Weiss and Zabba. Johnson looked absolutely fine.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't think this is a game for starting Weiss...but if we need to bring him on, out wide, down the chalk, he'll frighten the life out them with his aggressive runs, especially if there's any tired legs out there.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

john68 wrote:I don't think this is a game for starting Weiss...but if we need to bring him on, out wide, down the chalk, he'll frighten the life out them with his aggressive runs, especially if there's any tired legs out there.

He's one for brining on after a few yellow cards have been handed out. Glad Scholes isn't going to be around.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm

john68 wrote:I don't think this is a game for starting Weiss...but if we need to bring him on, out wide, down the chalk, he'll frighten the life out them with his aggressive runs, especially if there's any tired legs out there.

I've heard talk about "aggressive walking" but aggressive running...... that must be one scary sight. I'm sure FA will ban that soon though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Can't say much on this myself Shauny didn't have his best game against the gooners but got an assist so could be picked over the lad. Like above it probably depends on Ireland and the formation we play.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Steve » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I don't think anybody should be replacing Shaun in this match. Shaun has a great record in derby games, he always rises to the occasion. In the home derby last season he was causing them so many problems they ended up getting around 4 bookings just for taking him out each time he ran at them.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby M147WN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Fish111 wrote:

Agreed, i actually cannot see him being used at all in this game. Against teams outside of the SKY 4 would be better for him imo.

I think he'd revel in against them. Super confident, bags of skill, great pace...I bet he's gagging for chance to have a go!
Off the bench and give him a good half hour! They won't know what's fuckin' hit 'em!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 pm

M147WN wrote:
Fish111 wrote:

I think he'd revel in against them. Super confident, bags of skill, great pace...I bet he's gagging for chance to have a go!
Off the bench and give him a good half hour! They won't know what's fuckin' hit 'em!

Yeh I agree. He's sat there waiting to enter the scene in style. He's the sort of player who could introduce himself to the premiership with a winner at Old Trafford in the derby. IMO he just has that about him. Might stick a bet on it.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby HeyMark » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Evans would be having nightmares after the way weiss gave him the run around in the NI game
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 am

Vhero wrote:Can't say much on this myself Shauny didn't have his best game against the gooners but got an assist so could be picked over the lad. Like above it probably depends on Ireland and the formation we play.

Shaun also scored a nicely taken goal. I think we kinda beat to death what kind of game he had in a few pages of thread discussion, didn't we? Weiss shouldn't and wouldn't get picked over SWP yet in anyone's reasonable determination. To suggest Shaun "could" get picked over Weiss is just being lazy. Work harder for me please. I just had to read the two sentences you wrote. Good use of punctuation tho.

":)"

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum