baltimore blues

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: baltimore blues

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 pm

ah you're right i got my sides mixed up. how could i forget prop joe.

yea the areas we used to know turning into bad areas comes down to alot of bad city housing and economic policy ... not that they're all to blame but it certainly hasn't helped.

I grew up on 33rd street next to memorial stadium, I don't remember it being so awful. Now people walk into johns hopkins student housing and stab people just because.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:25 pm

kinkylola wrote:ah you're right i got my sides mixed up. how could i forget prop joe.

yea the areas we used to know turning into bad areas comes down to alot of bad city housing and economic policy ... not that they're all to blame but it certainly hasn't helped.

I grew up on 33rd street next to memorial stadium, I don't remember it being so awful. Now people walk into johns hopkins student housing and stab people just because.

i remember going to memorial stadium as a kid but can't remember for the life of me where it was located - it was that far north? where was it compared to hopkins?
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

next to hopkins university campus. 33rd hits charles st. right in the middle of hopkins. from 33rd and charles it's several blocks east to where memorial stadium used to be. It's a parking lot now. I lived closer to Hopkins but walking distance to the stadium
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

wow, that's crazy to think about - i can't remember driving into baltimore and not seeing camden yards, although i know i went to a few games at memorial stadium before it closed.

any other pubs you guys have been to? i just watch matches at my house, but being that i don't pay for setanta, i don't know the next time i'd be able to see city on my television
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm

slainte is really the only place I have gone, but from my experience the atmosphere was great ... the breakfast dish I had was great, the name escapes me but it was eggs with irish sausage stuffed inside, some cheese as well I think. top notch. I usually watch it with my friend at his house, he has all the channels, but he is off to boston now, so I think i'll be visiting slainte from now on.

For the derby I'll be up in New York though ... and i've heard alot about the two pubs mentioned on the new york supporters page. The Mad Hatter and another that starts with an "N" ... name escapes me now. I'm gonna have to pick one of em. Anyone know anything about either? I might have to start another thread

For awhile both camden yards and memorial stadium were up and running ... and I'm pretty sure that we had a Canadian Football team and that they played there for awhile. Eventually they had no excuse to keep it and couldn't afford the maintenance costs I imagine. I went to the last game at memorial stadium, knocked out a piece of brick on the way out. I'll have that forever.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum