Premier League Statement-New Home Grown Quota's Regulations

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League Statement-New Home Grown Quota's Regulations

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just said that Chelsea and Liverpool have the bare minimum, yet U***d have the most with 19?

No mention of Arsenal et al so where are these home grown players supposed to come from; do we class home grown as stolen froma young age?

Nah mate i'm sure it said you can buy other clubs home grown talent aswell and they count!.

Aaaahh, I see. So, as long as they are from these shores then you are OK? More home bought/stolen then!

These have got to be some of the biggest rule changes for many a year, but are they good for the sport?

They have to have played in England for three seasons before turning 22 apparently, to be classed as home grown. SSN are saying we have 14 that qualify.

Edit: add Wales to England too, according to one of the papers - presumably because we have Welsh teams in the lower leagues.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Twobob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 am

I'd imagibe that by the start of next season this policy will almost be unrecognisable from what has been touted last night/today by the PL.

For a start, the Arse will over turn anything that might adversly affect them ...

Seriously, if this isnt being imposed accross the world by FIFA, and more importantly over Europe by UEFA then I can imagine that the TV companies will have some concerns that this might affect the 'Brand' of the PL that has thrived on the basis that it attracts the best players in the world.

The PL brand has already taken a few Sucker Punches this season with high profile moves to Spain, this could impact the 'sell-abillity' of the PL world wide if the Spanish League starts to gets it's marketing act together.

This in turn would affect the clubs ...

And although it probably won't see much, if any downturn - I'm sure the TV companies worl wide will have a projected growth market and will be conscious of that being affected.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 am

Fcuk me, the more snippets I read/hear about this, the more confused I get! Does playing in England for 3 years mean that a French lad could join us at 18 and then be classed as home grown when he turns 21?

Also, are the new audit regulations being put in place as a fore-runner to Platini's plan of running a club within it's means?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 am

Car crash coming...

there are going to be a gang of Danny Sturridge/Joe Harts at every top club: very talented players who want/need first team action, but are kept on the books of a club with better players BECAUSE of the quota. They wont play week in week out (not yet good enough/ready) but they cant go out on loan or be sold. Their careers/lives will be screwed surely.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Fcuk me, the more snippets I read/hear about this, the more confused I get! Does playing in England for 3 years mean that a French lad could join us at 18 and then be classed as home grown when he turns 21?

Also, are the new audit regulations being put in place as a fore-runner to Platini's plan of running a club within it's means?

The strange one comes with South American players. The rule states that the player has to be trained in England for 3 years BEFORE his 21st birthday. We however cannot sign South American players until their 18th birthday.

We would have to sign him EXACTLY on his birthday for him to be considered homegrown at the end of his eligibility.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 am

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fcuk me, the more snippets I read/hear about this, the more confused I get! Does playing in England for 3 years mean that a French lad could join us at 18 and then be classed as home grown when he turns 21?

The strange one comes with South American players. The rule states that the player has to be trained in England for 3 years BEFORE his 21st birthday. We however cannot sign South American players until their 18th birthday.

We would have to sign him EXACTLY on his birthday for him to be considered homegrown at the end of his eligibility.

That's what I'm trying to work out mate. Many continents have different regulations for movement of players and in one of the statements I heard, it mentioned that these new regulations are in place to help the national team and keep the players coming through, yet with this, it completely throws it up in the air.

Home grown players to me means English, or in this case English/Welsh, people, whereas they seem to be saying that it can be anybody as long as they have 3 years naturalisation within the club?

Am I wrong? Can anyone put me out of my misery?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am

The only way to help the English game is to have an actual quota that enforces a change on selection.

Something like having 6 players from the England on the pitch minimum at all times. As it is we used to have these sort of regulations but they got watered down and down until they are almost non-existent now, have a look at Anderson at the time of his transfer, no caps and still he gets a work permit.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 am

Slim wrote:The only way to help the English game is to have an actual quota that enforces a change on selection.

Something like having 6 players from the England on the pitch minimum at all times. As it is we used to have these sort of regulations but they got watered down and down until they are almost non-existent now, have a look at Anderson at the time of his transfer, no caps and still he gets a work permit.

Very true! They did mention that all PL clubs had been informed and were 'for' the changes, which is quite obvious when all teams are within the rules; and let's face it, Baconface makes the rules anyway.

I thought this would actually be a real turning point for the PL but it just seems to be a diversary tactic and the real issue is the audit reporting; pre-cursor to Platini's plans!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 am

All this will do is bring forward lots of shitty quality players being brought into the league to meet the quota the best being gobbled up by the top teams and the rest going to lower prem teams keeping them shit,plus they dont have to ever play so the best younger ones will be on the bench at bigger teams.

What a load of shit.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:10 am

lets all have a disco wrote:All this will do is bring forward lots of shitty quality players being brought into the league to meet the quota the best being gobbled up by the top teams and the rest going to lower prem teams keeping them shit,plus they dont have to ever play so the best younger ones will be on the bench at bigger teams.

What a load of shit.

It's such a nothing quota though and they would barely have to be represented on the bench, 8 players in a 25 player named squad plus players under 21 are unrestricted.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:Car crash coming...

there are going to be a gang of Danny Sturridge/Joe Harts at every top club: very talented players who want/need first team action, but are kept on the books of a club with better players BECAUSE of the quota. They wont play week in week out (not yet good enough/ready) but they cant go out on loan or be sold. Their careers/lives will be screwed surely.

It puts Sturridge's move to Chelsea in context though - apparently he is their eighth homegrown player and was signed just before their transfer ban. They knew both the ban and this rulechange was coming. Joe Cole's negotiating position for his new contract just got a lot stronger.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 am

So lets get this right. Every PL squad currently qualifies, mostly comfortably (including City). So no change there then.

Except by limiting squads to 25 it reduces the chances of youngsters getting a game, justy makes established players play out of position in a crisis.

Mindblowingly idiotic from the rule-makers.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 am

john@staustell wrote:So lets get this right. Every PL squad currently qualifies, mostly comfortably (including City). So no change there then.

Except by limiting squads to 25 it reduces the chances of youngsters getting a game, justy makes established players play out of position in a crisis.

No you have to nominate 25 players, but players under the age of 21 can still play without being in the nominated squad.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am

Slim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:So lets get this right. Every PL squad currently qualifies, mostly comfortably (including City). So no change there then.

No you have to nominate 25 players, but players under the age of 21 can still play without being in the nominated squad.

Thanks mate. Totally pointless indeed then!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:

Thanks mate. Totally pointless indeed then!

Even if you nominate and only use the 25, only one of them would even be required on the bench and it would still fall within the regulations. Like I said earlier, they need to make regulations that affect the playing eleven.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:35 am

Slim wrote:

This is typical Platini /Blatter style bullshit cock-eyed fucking stupid con-artist legislation. If they genuinely want to encourage home produced players, why the fuck don't they make it part of the legislation that the players have to be BORN in the same country as the club they're playing? Answer: that would affect the big European clubs who have various south Americans etc in their youth teams.

The real purpose of this legislation was to try & weaken the squads of the PL teams, so in advance of it, all the Sky 4 + teams like ourselves have gone out & signed loads of talented foreign kids who will qualify as home grown! Result= less chance of English kids getting a game. They don't care a fuck about home grown kids, they just don't want our clubs winning their Chumps league.

Platini, Blatter & their henchmen are lying, scheming, corrupt, English hating twats.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 am

Slim, I am taking it that you have read the new regs rather than me, just listening to snippets. Can I ask, in your opinion, what has this actually done for helping home grown (as in English) players come through for the national team?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Slim, I am taking it that you have read the new regs rather than me, just listening to snippets. Can I ask, in your opinion, what has this actually done for helping home grown (as in English) players come through for the national team?

It hasn't. The players don't have to be English/Welsh, they just have to have played him for 3 years, we already poach europe's brightest at much younger ages than 18(and 1 day) so the top clubs will continue doing what they are doing and mid to lower teams already field a decent number of homegrown talent due to it being cheaper than buying them. I believe Vlad already qualifies and he is only 19 now. BTW, read a good article on him from Slovekia, he has a great attitude on him, reckons he will be pushing for a regular spot by the end of the season. (wasn't the arrogant Sturridge style, more determined confidence)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Slim, I am taking it that you have read the new regs rather than me, just listening to snippets. Can I ask, in your opinion, what has this actually done for helping home grown (as in English) players come through for the national team?

There's a squad of 8 players who played in England/Wales for 3 years from 18-21 and 17 others. Smaller squads and restrictions on foreign signings mean that we're less likely to see too many people like Benjani on the fringe of the squad.

The U21 thing will mean a big influx of foreign teenagers. As the rules stand at the moment we could bring in a 14 year old and let them leave when they're 17 and they could come back as a "home-grown player". Expect to see that happening, quietly, at first.

But most of the young players are English. This rule limits the squad size so we're going to see a lot more young players getting games, they might never play again after they're 21, they're less likely to be loaned out (maybe with recall clauses) and I can see borderline kids, especially ones who won't be ready until after they're 21 for a first team début, pushed out the door.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 am

Ohhhh, so close.

I can see the top flight clubs casting a wider net and signing more kids and loaning them out to lower league teams. They don't have to be at this club, just in the country.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum