Cesc Fabregas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cesc Fabregas

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:57 pm

Just watched the game for about the fourth time - can't help but notice how nice he was being to our players throughout the game - friendly smiles and handshakes all through the game plus not really bothering to play that well... wonder if he fancies it at City ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Postby svengali » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 am

Wooders wrote:Just watched the game for about the fourth time - can't help but notice how nice he was being to our players throughout the game - friendly smiles and handshakes all through the game plus not really bothering to play that well... wonder if he fancies it at City ?

Did you miss the bit where he had his arm around De Jongs throat pulling him backwards at a corner and then very deliberately falling onto Shay and hurting him in the process?
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

svengali wrote:
Wooders wrote:Just watched the game for about the fourth time - can't help but notice how nice he was being to our players throughout the game - friendly smiles and handshakes all through the game plus not really bothering to play that well... wonder if he fancies it at City ?

Did you miss the bit where he had his arm around De Jongs throat pulling him backwards at a corner and then very deliberately falling onto Shay and hurting him in the process?

not at all, if you watch the video of that it was a complete accident (mostly de jongs fault actually) and he was very apologetic to both de jong and shay afterward
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 am

He is a top, top player who seems not to have the nasty streak of so many Arsenal players, eg bergkamp, pires, van persie et al.

BUT! the fact that he plays the game in the right spirit does not per se mean he is coming to City. Clearly it would be great to have him at City but the smart money says that if he goes anywhere it will be to Barcelona.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:He is a top, top player who seems not to have the nasty streak of so many Arsenal players, eg bergkamp, pires, van persie, adebayor et al.

BUT! the fact that he plays the game in the right spirit does not per se mean he is coming to City. Clearly it would be great to have him at City but the smart money says that if he goes anywhere it will be to Barcelona.

Fixed up your list. Agree though, he will probably be off in the summer to Barca as he was keen on a move this term. Central three of Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas will destroy everyone.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:17 am

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:He is a top, top player who seems not to have the nasty streak of so many Arsenal players, eg bergkamp, pires, van persie, adebayor et al.

Fixed up your list. Agree though, he will probably be off in the summer to Barca as he was keen on a move this term. Central three of Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas will destroy everyone.

And will free up Yaya to join his brother in Manchester.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 am

Slim wrote:

Wow. What a midfield that would be. Truly unstoppable.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 am

dazby wrote:
Slim wrote:

Wow. What a midfield that would be. Truly unstoppable.

We'll beat them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 am

Wonderful player but has no turn of pace, as Bridge, and Ireland proved when jogging past him in the 1st half, I realy like him but he sems sussed in the Prem,Nailed on to Barca in Summer as with Ronaldo it is sorted.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Yorkshire (sorry) blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 pm

He was looking very comfortable with Hughes at the end. Big handshake, grin.

He didn't look to bothered during the game actually
Yorkshire (sorry) blue
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby Goataldo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

I've seen him display a nasty streak in the past, no mistake. Didn't really notice his behaviour during the game though. Thankfully I didn't really notivce him at all.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:I've seen him display a nasty streak in the past, no mistake. Didn't really notice his behaviour during the game though. Thankfully I didn't really notivce him at all.

When I've seen that streak it's usually been a case that he feels he's sinking to the level of the opposition to protect his team from being kicked off the park. Apparently, he seems to have some rule that he doesn't start things or want to get involved, but he'll put himself about if necessary.

To be honest, I respect him for that. If the other team come to play football, they'll play football. That's fair in my book.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:27 am

I'd love Fabregas at city! I wouldn't be arsed if we paid 80 mill for him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Return to The Maine Football forum