Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Blackburn defender Michel Salgado will try to convince his former Real Madrid team-mate David Beckham to join him at Ewood Park. Beckham is keen to move to Europe from Los Angeles Galaxy in January. The Sun

Forward Lionel Messi is set to sign a £170,000-a-week deal (after tax) to stay at Barcelona until 2016. Daily Mail

West Brom want to sign Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara on loan. (The Sun)

Baggies boss Roberto di Matteo also wants to agree a loan deal for Blackburn defender Zuran Khizanishvili. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are keeping tabs on Bristol City full-back James Wilson, who is currently on loan at Brentford. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham could also be set to lose Sweden international defender Fredrik Stoor, who is hoping to secure a loan move from the club. (The Sun)

Bolton centre-back Danny Shittu is set to move to Sheffield United on loan, with a view to a permanent switch. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood, who has been suffering from a badly bruised foot, is hoping to prove his fitness in order to secure a three-month loan move to Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)

Notts County boss Ian McParland has confirmed he is interested in signing Malta international striker Michael Mifsud, who is a free agent after leaving Coventry. (Daily Star)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has reiterated his determination to hang on to winger Adam Johnson, who is out of contract at the end of the season. Daily Mirror

Southgate is also set to tie up loan deals for Preston defender Sean St Ledger and Hull stiker Caleb Folan.
Daily Mail

Preston are keen on Stockport striker Carl Baker. (The Sun)

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has emerged as a transfer target for Celtic boss Tony Mowbray.
Full story: Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester United striker Michael Owen's 2010 World Cup hopes have been hit after he was told by Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson he will only be used as a back-up striker. The Sun

United, meanwhile, want Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor banned from the teams' Premier League meeting on Sunday after his alleged stamp on Arsenal's Robin van Persie. The Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... y-ban.html

Kevin Keegan has started his battle for £10m in compensation from Newcastle, claiming he was forced out of his position as manager in September 2008. Daily Mirror

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart says he does not fear the sack, despite presiding over the club's worst start to a season in their 111-year history. : Daily Star

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has fined defenders Ronald Zubar and George Elokobi a fortnight's wages after the pair turned up late for a team meeting before Saturday's defeat by Blackburn. (Daily Star)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... lex-curran

AND FINALLY
England bosses have sent a list of demands they want for their South Africa World Cup base - including a computer games arcade. Manager Fabio Capello wants to ensure his players do not get bored and has asked for a special room in their hotel with a Wii, a Playstation and other games. (Daily Mirror)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 am

The Scum make me laugh, they're scared of Ade, thats why they want a ban, but rumour has it that Tevez WILL start on Derby Day, i only hope this is true if Ade is banned.
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:The Scum make me laugh, they're scared of Ade, thats why they want a ban, but rumour has it that Tevez WILL start on Derby Day, i only hope this is true if Ade is banned.

Tevez would be a damn sight more effective playing off the shoulder of Adebayor though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gilford » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 am

We really need Ade playing on Sunday, we are outstanding with him and the Scum know that, hence this statement!

I feel Ade is getting a HUGE amount of stick for this which is so undeserved! He was front page news on the Sun yesterday, with all the stuff going on in the world a football player was front fucking page news for a tackle and a celebration!!!!!!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 am

Les will play his cards very close this week. Wouldn't even be surprised if RSC & Tevez got a go. Expect training on the far pitches Doug, with screens up!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

He will be playing regardless of whether he gets a ban as he will be appealing.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum