Nigel the wrinkly dog barking on tele

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nigel the wrinkly dog barking on tele

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:That's poor form from De Jong to not back a teammate.

On the other hand our great captain has said this....

Toure blasts Gunners and backs Ade
Kolo Toure has blasted his old Arsenal team-mates for their treatment of Emmanuel Adebayor before and during Manchester City's win on Saturday.

Adebayor is expected to learn his fate on Tuesday for his alleged stamp on Robin van Persie, and his overzealous goal celebration in the victory.

But Toure insists that Adebayor's treatment at the hands of his former colleagues even before the match was 'unacceptable'.

"I am astounded because he has received blows from all the Arsenal players," Toure told the Sun.

"Even though he was the first to go and salute them in the tunnel, even those who had an affinity with him didn't want to shake his hand.

"For me that is unacceptable."

Toure did, however, admit that Adebayor's confrontation with the fans was regrettable.

"There was a very difficult moment with the supporters," he said.

"At the start of the game they were whistling at him as if he never brought anything to the club. It was hard.

"I don't caution him for his gesture although I tried to stop him and I also have apologised to the fans. It's not to them that he should do this.

"I told him that this was not a good thing and he apologised. The problem is that they booed him while they applauded me.

"It was a reaction of pride. The whole world could have a reaction like that."

Toure also defended Adebayor's move to City, insisting that it was not financially motivated.

"Certain people want others to believe he left for the money but we know he was pushed to leave. I know it because I was present," he said.

"I firmly believe he left to bring money to the club."

Toure is great and Arsenal are officially a feeder club :-)

You see, that's what I want to hear when our players talk to the press. They get paid an astonishing amount of money and all we want in return is 100% effort on the pitch and positive talk about our club in the press.

It is not that hard to grasp.
Original Dub

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

I really don't have a problem with NDJ having a problem with his mate being stamped on. Nor him having a word with Ade in private. It's weird that the dutch are actually sticking up for each other. Its nice to see international team mates sticking by each other despite there club allegiances. Remember Beckham refusing to slag off the Spannish fans whilst he was England captain when they gave out the worst racial abuse to SWP? I couldn't imagine Gary Neville having a word with Wayne Rooney for stamping on Gerrard could you?

However it is incredibly stupid to go on a tv show and say that, just fuels what is already a run away media circus.

Big fine coming your way muppet.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:01 pm

I THINK DE JONG HAS AN ATTITUDE THAT WONT DO US ANY GOOD N THE LONG TERM........I RECKON (MY OWN OPINION BASED ON HIS LAST "I DIDNT COME HERE TO BE ON THE BENCH RANT") HE WILL BE SHIPPED OFF NEXT YEAR AS HE WONT BE A REGULAR STARTER..HE WILL COME IN FOR CERTAIN GAMES AND THAT WILL BE LESS GAMES THAN THE REST.

THIS OUTBURST IS NOT FUCKING WELCOME AT ALL.......EVERYONE SHOULD BACK ADE UP PUBLICLY AND A TEAMMATE SHOULD NEVER EVER SLAG A FELLOW PLAYER OFF IN THE PRESS...EVER ! ....EVEN ADE KNOWS HE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE WHAT HE DID AND DOESNT NEED THESE DIGS FROM HIS OWN PLAYERS...IT WILL CAUSE SPLITS IN THE DRESSING ROOM....................

ONE THINGS FOR SURE...ADE WILL GO DOWN IN FOLKLORE FOR THE WAY HE DID IT (THE RUNNING THE ENTIRE PITCH TO GOAD THE ARSEHOLES)

HE IS LIKE BELLERS SAID...A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum