FA charge Ade on both counts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA charge Ade on both counts

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 pm

With regard to the alleged "stamping" incident, I showed it to three people on Sunday- one a rag- and all three said "What am I looking at?". Only one angle shows any possibility of intent. As someone else on here has said even the angle that shows him change position of his foot could be argued that he was attempting to move his foot out the way. At full speed there is nothing of note, only when it is slowed down to an almost frame by frame speed does it look bad.
On the celebration, he was found guilty on Saturday when Clattenburg booked him. Arsenal should be charged for failing to control their fans.
On Clattenburg, he should never referee a game again if he says he cannot see an incident which happens six feet in front of him and with an unobstructed view. At the time if he had sent off Van Persie and Adebayor nobody could have argued but he clearly seen the incident and decided both were not punishable.
I am not one of the paranoia department but cannot belive the FA has seen fit to charge Adebayor when three weeks ago it couldn't see Vidinc hitting someone in the face.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:49 pm

"Right Lads, so we're going to charge him. I think he's expecting that. How can we really piss him and the fans off?"

"I'VE GOT IT BOSS, I'VE GOT THE PERFECT IDEA. THIS IS GONNA BE A SCREAM. SEE THAT FREEZE FRAME THERE WHERE CLATTENBURG IS LOOKING STRAIGHT AT THE INCIDENT FROM ONLY 2 FEET AWAY? LET'S TELL THEM HE DIDN'T SEE IT!"

"Genius dear boy, genius. Call Sky Sports right now. This is gonna be piss funny."
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Has the punishment already been set or is this like the old Army scenario when you accept the officers award before you even know it?

the violent conduct penalty is already set, yes. The committee MUST make it as if the referee had seen it, so as he says it should have been a red, he will be retrospectively given the equivalent: a 3 match ban

I would have thought so aswell mate, but looking at the Eduardo incident, who should have got a yellow, is leaving me with this feeling that there could be more.

The only thing the Eduardo case has in common with the Adebayor one is that it happened in a big game and got the attention of the broadcast media (except this game wasn't broadcast live in its home market) and that it involved punishment by an original disciplinary committee that ignored the ambiguity in the footage and proceeded to ban the player anyway.

There's no proof that the contact is on purpose and they've essentially already announced that he's been banned already.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby xavi6 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Must be a Rag or two on that appeals board too?

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Has the punishment already been set or is this like the old Army scenario when you accept the officers award before you even know it?

the violent conduct penalty is already set, yes. The committee MUST make it as if the referee had seen it, so as he says it should have been a red, he will be retrospectively given the equivalent: a 3 match ban

I would have thought so aswell mate, but looking at the Eduardo incident, who should have got a yellow, is leaving me with this feeling that there could be more.

sadly the rules state:
"Incidents not seen by the match officials but caught on video
How it works
Applies to the more serious sending-off offences (violent conduct, serious foul
play, spitting, offensive/insulting/abusive language or behaviour) where the
match officials did not see the incident. The purpose is to put the player in the
same position as if the incident had been seen by the match officials.

The Compliance Department is guided by the referee’s view of whether the
incident merited a dismissal.
The processes mirror the timings and sanctions that would apply had any of the
match officials seen the incident and the referee then sent the player off.
A charge must be issued within two working days of the incident, with a response
due from the club within one day of receipt of the charge.
When a charge is issued, a set penalty is offered (eg. three matches for violent
conduct)
."
and FA release says:
"Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised The FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct."

Open and shut case
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

sadly the rules state:
How it works
match officials did not see the incident. The purpose is to put the player in the

A charge must be issued within two working days of the incident, with a response
When a charge is issued, a set penalty is offered (eg. three matches for violent
conduct)
."
and FA release says:
"Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised The FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct."

Open and shut case

It will open a huge can of worms for Clattenburg though. There is no way City will sit back and allow a statement like that to go without any repercussions. Infact, I would say that it could ultimately spell the end of Clattenburg's career as a referee.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
It will open a huge can of worms for Clattenburg though. There is no way City will sit back and allow a statement like that to go without any repercussions. Infact, I would say that it could ultimately spell the end of Clattenburg's career as a referee.

It would have been the end of his career as a referee if he had said anything else.

Remember what happened in Italy. It only ever saw the light because someone taped the conversations and leaked them.

It's probably best not to get too personal about Clattenburg. What choice does he have in the matter? The facts of this case are irrelevant in determining the outcome, and they always have been when it comes to using video evidence with football.

They fucked up from the start. They should have gone down the rugby route of having an independent citing commissioner (e.g. the 4th official). They automatically review footage of every game and decide if anyone has a case to answer.

In football they read the newspapers and investigate any incidents that generate sufficient attention. Sky are the only citing commissioner used to determine if an incident is investigated (before charges are brought). I can't think of a single case of a player being charged based on something that the ref missed and that was also missed by the broadcasting team. Exactly why hasn't van Persie been charged for his incitement of City fans. The only actual reason is that his incident is not in the wider public domain and as such there's no need to take any action. Our is and therefore action has to be taken, regardless of whether it's the correct action.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 pm

We have to start a campaign (yeah another fuclin one but in seriousness) , to get a panel to review the action of every game in the premiership and respond to EVERY complaint pertaining to foul play etc INCLUDING COMPLAINTS FROM FANS! If any incident is identified the panel must review it and come up with recommendations. This would involve a panel trawling through video evidence on Mon mornings but only those incidents which are reported , not whole games. There should be a hotline for fans and media to identify incidents before say 10pm Sun. Mon night games would be watched live.
I know this sounds a bit crackpot but WHAT ELSE DO WE DO '? If the refs decision can never be final then this IS the only way to prevent selective trial by media - can you think of anything else?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shawzy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Heres the last paragraph from the Mail report

If found guilty, Adebayor will be suspended from Sunday's Manchester derby at Old Trafford, plus a Carling Cup tie with Fulham and a Premier League encounter with
West Ham on September 28.

Unless Adebayor can successfully argue his case, he is almost certain not to be available for City at least until their trip to Wigan on October 18.

The FA would then need to set up a disciplinary panel to hear the second case, which could bring anything up to an additional three-match suspension.

Adebayor will hope for leniency in that matter though, given the aggravation he
received from the Arsenal supporters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0RBVLmPPE

They better not ban him a further 3 games.Wankers.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:THAT FUCKING PRICK CLATTENBURG TOLD THE FA HE DIDN'T SEE THE INCIDENT & HE WOULD HAVE SENT HIM OFF IF HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING LYING PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE ON VIDEO STARING STRAIGHT AT THE INCIDENT FROM ONLY A FEW FEET AWAY WITH A PERFECT VIEW.

CAN NOTHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS BLATANT LIE?

He will have been told to say that because if he does not say thatthey cannot bring a charge - and they want to bring a charge - being just on the recovery path of his career he is not going to say anything but what they want him to say
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:THAT FUCKING PRICK CLATTENBURG TOLD THE FA HE DIDN'T SEE THE INCIDENT & HE WOULD HAVE SENT HIM OFF IF HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING LYING PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE ON VIDEO STARING STRAIGHT AT THE INCIDENT FROM ONLY A FEW FEET AWAY WITH A PERFECT VIEW.

CAN NOTHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS BLATANT LIE?

He will have been told to say that because if he does not say thatthey cannot bring a charge - and they want to bring a charge - being just on the recovery path of his career he is not going to say anything but what they want him to say

I think there is a very good chance indeed that he has been leaned on to say what he has said.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:53 pm

shawzy wrote:Heres the last paragraph from the Mail report

If found guilty, Adebayor will be suspended from Sunday's Manchester derby at Old Trafford, plus a Carling Cup tie with Fulham and a Premier League encounter with
West Ham on September 28.

Unless Adebayor can successfully argue his case, he is almost certain not to be available for City at least until their trip to Wigan on October 18.

The FA would then need to set up a disciplinary panel to hear the second case, which could bring anything up to an additional three-match suspension.

Adebayor will hope for leniency in that matter though, given the aggravation he
received from the Arsenal supporters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0RBVLmPPE

They better not ban him a further 3 games.Wankers.

That's 5 matches, 4 televised. If Tevez is out along with Robinho then ESPN are going to be fuming. Monday night soccer is hard enough to sell. Two Mondays back to back would have been an important part of their schedule, they need to get subscribers and they need to get neutrals down the pub. Sky won't mind the derby, everyone will watch that anyway and they can talk about Adebayor either way, but they'd probably prefer the atmosphere of having the scum fans booing him and rising him.

We're coming up to an important part of our top4 challenge. If we falter now then the season gets a lot less interesting from a TV perspective. They'd be making their move too early if they want max drama.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

sadly the rules state:
How it works

conduct)
."
and FA release says:

Open and shut case

I fucking love that word, along with retribution and revenge!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Worst kept secret.

I know this is a hypothetical question, but what if Adebayor simply denies maliciously stamping on “Mard Arse”,who decides he is guilty ?.

I don’t see what anyone can do if Ady says it was an accident, at the end of the day he is a big gangly lad.

As for the 3 minute mile run, if those Arse fans had not been relentlessly insulting him and his family he would not of responded.

I’m so gutted and wound up I feel like exploding.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:31 pm

kinkylola wrote:I don't know how it works with soccer really as regards to appeals and time needed, etc ... what worries me is all this talk about "fast tracking"
Wouldn’t be David Gill behind the fast tracking by any chance ?

They don’t want Adebayor available to face Trafford Borough.

Buch of fcuking crooks.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 pm

This whole thing stinks.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Can't wait until we are recognised as a top four side next season . . . this sort of shit will never happen then . . . not to us anyway
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
The Decision Makers
Members of the Main Board are the non-executive directors of The FA.

Lord Triesman (Independent Chairman)
Ian Watmore
Dave Henson (n)
Michael Game (n)
Phil Gartside (p)
David Gill (p)
Roger Burden (n)
Neil Doncaster (f)
Sir David Richards (Vice Chairman) (p)
John Ward (n)
David Sheepshanks (f)
Barry Bright (Vice Chairman) (n)

Can i just say look who’s 6th on the list......

Fuck 6th, check out 2nd:
Ian Watmore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ian Watmore is the Chief Executive of The Football Association. Before that, he was a Civil Servant, latterly as the Permanent Secretary for Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills.

Career
He joined the civil service following a private sector career which culminated as Accenture's UK Managing Director from 2000 to 2004.

He took over as head of the e-Government Unit, the direct successor to the Office of the e-Envoy in September 2004.

He left this job in January 2006 to take over as head of the Prime Minister's Delivery Unit.

Ian Watmore holds a degree in mathematics and management studies from Trinity College, Cambridge.

He is a member of the Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.

On 18 February 2009, he was confirmed as the new Chief Executive of The Football Association, succeeding Brian Barwick. He will start the job in June 2009. He is a known supporter of Arsenal F.C.

that is why he was at the match - as an Arsenal fan not some official capaicty
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Not happy about the ban, but he deserved it imo.

But regardless of whether he deserved it I genuinely believe the boys will come out twice as strong in the face of adversity this Sunday. I can't fucking wait now.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:34 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:But regardless of whether he deserved it I genuinely believe the boys will come out twice as strong in the face of adversity this Sunday. I can't fucking wait now.

i really hope you are right. winning that game after all this would be so sweet.
The Man In Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum