Poll: Was it possible for Clattenburg not to have seen?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Could he have in someway not seen it?

Impossible. He has to have seen.
76%
No, I believe that he didn't see it.
24%

Total votes : 89

Re: Poll: Was it possible for Clattenburg not to have seen?

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:46 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Where are you?

sorry.

fucking knew someone would do that.

Cheers you cunt.

Seriously though, are guests allowed vote in these polls? I really can't fathom how ANYBODY that wasn't retarded on on a wind up could think Clattenburg never saw the incident...
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Forget the INTENT the poll isnt about that - the poll is about whether you think the ref had an unobstructed view of the contact between Ade;s boot and VP's head - and viewing the camera footage from behind Ade it appears that he was looking straight at the incident with the contact in full view.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

He saw it, the question is flawed. It should be did it register what he was seeing, and IMO he didn't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Slim wrote:He saw it, the question is flawed. It should be did it register what he was seeing, and IMO he didn't.

Ah mate that's like asking if he's a stupid cunt!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:He saw it, the question is flawed. It should be did it register what he was seeing, and IMO he didn't.

The question could be rephrased.

Is he corrupt or just incompetent?

Either way, if he didn't see it or didn't realise what he was seeing, he should be removed from premier league matches. We can't have incompetent or corrupt officials surely.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

The question could be rephrased.

Is he corrupt or just incompetent?

Either way, if he didn't see it or didn't realise what he was seeing, he should be removed from premier league matches. We can't have incompetent or corrupt officials surely.

This is the thing. It is obvious to my ten year old daughter that he not only saw the incident, but gestured to RVP to either tell him to get up or check if he's ok. It is obvious to the FA and to every legal expert that this is the case.

If the fact that he gave a false statement to a governing body is not addressed by our legal team then the world has already gone mad.

The key witness in a case has been caught on video as having given a false statement. The case has to be thrown out... every fucking time!!
Original Dub

Postby Blackadder2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Clattenburg did see the incident - in real time at normal speed from his unique angle. Watch it that way from any angle though and the only thing that is conclusive is that VP should have been at least booked for the initial challenge. That foul challenge threw Ade off balance, his boot connected accidentally with VP's precious face due to his momentum. If anything, he has tried to avoid kicking him.

In slow motion though, which is what Clattenburg has NOW seen, it 'appears' that Ade deliberately changed the direction of his foot to connect with VP's ugly mush. Slo-mo can do that

There a probably a dozen incidents per game that you could run in slo-mo to suggest that something looks untoward.

I would be hoping that the FA panel review the footage at normal speed.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Blackadder2 wrote:Clattenburg did see the incident - in real time at normal speed from his unique angle. Watch it that way from any angle though and the only thing that is conclusive is that VP should have been at least booked for the initial challenge. That foul challenge threw Ade off balance, his boot connected accidentally with VP's precious face due to his momentum. If anything, he has tried to avoid kicking him.

In slow motion though, which is what Clattenburg has NOW seen, it 'appears' that Ade deliberately changed the direction of his foot to connect with VP's ugly mush. Slo-mo can do that

There a probably a dozen incidents per game that you could run in slo-mo to suggest that something looks untoward.

Especially if you slightly speed up the motion at the time his foot comes down. Not enough so people will see the footage running at two distinctive speeds, but just to give the illusion of downward force.

Personally I think the only one who knows 100% for sure if he meant it is Adebayor, it looks suspicious but who can really tell what was going through his head.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sweenyuk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Why did he give a freekick against Ade if he did not see it...???
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 pm

sweenyuk wrote:Why did he give a freekick against Ade if he did not see it...???

He didn't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blackadder2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Slim wrote:
Blackadder2 wrote:Clattenburg did see the incident - in real time at normal speed from his unique angle. Watch it that way from any angle though and the only thing that is conclusive is that VP should have been at least booked for the initial challenge. That foul challenge threw Ade off balance, his boot connected accidentally with VP's precious face due to his momentum. If anything, he has tried to avoid kicking him.

Especially if you slightly speed up the motion at the time his foot comes down. Not enough so people will see the footage running at two distinctive speeds, but just to give the illusion of downward force.

Personally I think the only one who knows 100% for sure if he meant it is Adebayor, it looks suspicious but who can really tell what was going through his head.

Surely Sky or the BBC wouldn't dream of doing something so underhand? That would be like faking a premium-rate phone-in competition on a childrens' TV programme...
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Uwe

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Blackadder2 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Surely Sky or the BBC wouldn't dream of doing something so underhand? That would be like faking a premium-rate phone-in competition on a childrens' TV programme...

There were 3 Arsenal players & the ref all within a few yards at different angles to the incident. Not one of them had a reaction. They didn't react because they didn't see anything as there was nothing to see; he tripped over him. No way could they all miss it, they were all looking straight at it. This is trial by media & it fucking stinks.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:06 pm

If Battenburg says he did not see it imo he is not fit to referee in any league.He was close enough to take Ade's laces out of his boots ffs he saw it and ruled nothing untoward happened and has not got the balls to stand up and be counted.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:13 pm

I think he has seen the incident. From the Angle which he is looking at, whilst there is contact, you don't really get the "severity" of the situation until the camer angle is turned to that front on. In otherwords, I feel he has been swayed by that particular camera angle and has said he would have sent him off to cover his arse
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Questions do have to be asked as to how he could not have seen that (if that is even true) ... I mean I didn't see it when it happened live but I watched it on TV .

He was right next to this, 3m away tops and looking right at the two.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby SORTED » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 pm

FA: Mark what are your thoughts on the Adebayour stamping incident
Clattenburg: I'd call it more of a 100 yard sprint...I booked him for it
FA: No with Van Persie
Clattenburg: Well yeah it was a reckless challenge...but Adebayour escaped unscathed so I waved play on
FA: For fucks sake Mark just back us on this and say you never saw it. Comprende?
Clatteburg: Ahhhhhh, I see. It's the Manchester Derby on Sunday isn't it. Of course I would have sent Adebayour off, no doubt.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 pm

SORTED wrote:FA: Mark what are your thoughts on the Adebayour stamping incident
Clattenburg: I'd call it more of a 100 yard sprint...I booked him for it
FA: No with Van Persie
Clattenburg: Well yeah it was a reckless challenge...but Adebayour escaped unscathed so I waved play on
FA: For fucks sake Mark just back us on this and say you never saw it. Comprende?
Clatteburg: Ahhhhhh, I see. It's the Manchester Derby on Sunday isn't it. Of course I would have sent Adebayour off, no doubt.

That may very well be the transcript of there conversation imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby anthonytomo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 pm

I'll be honest and say I voted that he never seen it, although nobody but Clattenburg knows this. I voted this way because I feel that he obviously seen the tackle by VP and that Ade rode the tackle and came back down to the ground standing, but, he may not have actually seen Ade's foot move and make contact with his face. He may well have been watching the bigger picture rather than a pixel, so to speak.
anthonytomo
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby blues-clues » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:13 pm

The really stupid thing is that if Ade had actually jumped up to avoid the foul and then stepped on Van Penis' head and knocked him out but then fallen over as a result of the impact he would probably have got a free kick in his favour and VP would have got a straight red for a two footed challenge when he eventually came around!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Grob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Mark Clattenburg is a wally
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum