Striker shortage!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Striker shortage!

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If needed, I've no match on Sunday so will be free to play; and I'm home grown!!!

If not:

[center]
Shay

Micah Kolo Joleon Wayne

Shaun Gazza Schlong Petrov

Stevie

Bellers
[/center]

this one for me every time. bring weiss and zabs on as needed.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think some of you guys have been on the juice too much! Richards/Lescott up front is really wacky.
Yes Kompany is injured.

We're gonna have to play some fucking quality football if we've just got Bellers up front on his own. We need some height up there.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 pm

What about this:

----------------------Given------------------

Richards-----Toure-----Lescott-----Sylvinho

------------------Zabaleta--------------------

Weiss-------Ireland-----Barry---------Bridge

------------------Bellamy---------------------

Hmm shit no SWP....

Or this:

----------------------Given------------------

Richards-----Toure-----Lescott-----Sylvinho

Weiss-------Ireland-----Barry---------Bridge

--------------SWP-----------------------------

----------------------Bellamy---------------------
Last edited by edge275 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Given

Micah-Toure-Lescott-Bridge

Persie's bumboy/Zabba-Barry

SWP-Ireland-Petrov

Bellamy

That's a thought, what about Mad Frank on the right, Bellers on the left, Shaun and Stevie in the middle and Benji or an academy lad like Vlad up front. We would have a very tight group who could cover all aspects of defence with the ability to quickly turn the game on the counter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think some of you guys have been on the juice too much! Richards/Lescott up front is really wacky.
Yes Kompany is injured.

We're gonna have to play some fucking quality football if we've just got Bellers up front on his own. We need some height up there.

Play Benjani.

Cant we borrow Big Phil for the next few weeks?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Yes Kompany is injured.

Play Benjani.

I'd rather have Ronnie Coleman up front than benjani
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 pm

edge275 wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Yes Kompany is injured.

Play Benjani.

Benjani is injured anyway. Why did we loan out both Schofield AND Bojinov?? Knowing that Crocky was injured as well!
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Yes Kompany is injured.

Play Benjani.

Benjani is injured anyway. Why did we loan out both Schofield AND Bojinov?? Knowing that Crocky was injured as well!

I've no idea mate, I rate Bojinov highly as well.
edge275

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Benjani was working out this morning but is far from fit enough for this weekend.
I doubt also if anyone will be losing sleep over not having Bojinov around for the game on Sunday either. I don't think he would have helped much and isn't he having difficulty getting into the Parma side?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Benjani was working out this morning but is far from fit enough for this weekend.
I doubt also if anyone will be losing sleep over not having Bojinov around for the game on Sunday either. I don't think he would have helped much and isn't he having difficulty getting into the Parma side?

Wouldn't have minded having Schofield as an option though
Fidel Castro

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Bojinov has played a whopping 19 minutes this season for Parma. I don't get the love for this guy? He openly admitted he wanted to return to Italy as soon as he was fit. For me that spoke volumes for his character.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Benjani was working out this morning but is far from fit enough for this weekend.

What makes you say that?
edge275

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Yes Kompany is injured.

Play Benjani.

Possibly because we have Ade, Carlos, Craig and Robby as well, what were the chances of all them being out at the same time? Include RSC and we've got more than our fare share. We could always bring Ball in from the reserves and give him a crack?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Bojinov has played a whopping 19 minutes this season for Parma. I don't get the love for this guy? He openly admitted he wanted to return to Italy as soon as he was fit. For me that spoke volumes for his character.

After eliciting praise City boss Mark Hugest after the game, Bojinov reacted to reports tipping him for a summer return to Italy by telling The Sun: "My heart is only with City and I only want to play here."

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=102597

Just because the Parma manager doesn't play him doesn't mean that the guy is shite.

I think he's a very good player when fit and still young. I hope Hughes doesn't offload him.
edge275

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Were going to have to bring David Ball into the squad and stick the lad on the bench or Nimely.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Lets hope Bellers doesnt pick up an injury in the next few games or were really fucked.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm

edge275 wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Bojinov has played a whopping 19 minutes this season for Parma. I don't get the love for this guy? He openly admitted he wanted to return to Italy as soon as he was fit. For me that spoke volumes for his character.

After eliciting praise City boss Mark Hugest after the game, Bojinov reacted to reports tipping him for a summer return to Italy by telling The Sun: "My heart is only with City and I only want to play here."

Just because the Parma manager doesn't play him doesn't mean that the guy is shite.

I think he's a very good player when fit and still young. I hope Hughes doesn't offload him.

No doubt the guy has some talent but he does need a big striker to play off imo. IF he was here on Sunday he wouldnt have that and to play him on his own up front I think would be worse than useless. I agree that not be picked by the Parma manager doesnt mean he is shite but it equally doesnt say much positive either does it. Maybe he isn't fully fit for some reason but whatever it is he wouldnt be featuring here either.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:36 pm

edge275 wrote:

Yet one month after that interview he said this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eturn.html

I agree he isn't shite, but he certainly doesn't deserve his near legendary status for what is in effect 1 goal against AC Milan and 1 goal against spurs. Caicedo has performed better than Bojinov for Manchester City.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm

----------------Given---------------
Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge
---------Zabaleta--De Jong--------
---Swp--------Ireland------Barry---
---------------Bellamy----------------

This is how I would play. Mad Zabba and De Jong to fuck up everything in midfield that comes near them.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

He may prefer Sylvinho in left midfield, moving Barry back to mid.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum