Striker shortage!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Striker shortage!

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Bojinov has played a whopping 19 minutes this season for Parma. I don't get the love for this guy? He openly admitted he wanted to return to Italy as soon as he was fit. For me that spoke volumes for his character.

Parma's forwards looked completely inept v Inter yet the Boj didn't get on until the last 10 mins. Must be very unimpressive in training if their manager prefers those characters.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:He may prefer Sylvinho in left midfield, moving Barry back to mid.

I would not be surprised if Silvinho gets a look at a midfield role tonight with the reserves
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:39 pm

-----------------Given----------------
-Richards--Toure---Lescott--Bridge
------------Dejong---Zabba------------
--SWP----------Ireland---------Barry
------------------Bellers----------------

or

-----------------Given----------------
-Richards--Toure---Lescott--Bridge
------------Dejong---Barry------------
--SWP----------Ireland---------Petrov
------------------Bellers----------------
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:26 pm

I just read that if he doesn't contest the charges, the first game he would miss would be Wigan. RSC, Tevez and Robinho should all be fit by then.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Slim wrote:I just read that if he doesn't contest the charges, the first game he would miss would be Wigan. RSC, Tevez and Robinho should all be fit by then.

you got a link?
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Slim wrote:I just read that if he doesn't contest the charges, the first game he would miss would be Wigan. RSC, Tevez and Robinho should all be fit by then.

The Wigan game is when he might be expected to be available again.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

ronk wrote:

Oh yeah, misread that. It's early.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:43 pm

edge275 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Benjani was working out this morning but is far from fit enough for this weekend.
I doubt also if anyone will be losing sleep over not having Bojinov around for the game on Sunday either. I don't think he would have helped much and isn't he having difficulty getting into the Parma side?

What makes you say that?

Mate this guy;s only ever scored ONE competitive goal for the club.

How could you possibly "rate him highly"???!! Was it the angle it went in at? The speed it went in at?

I'm fucking baffled!

As for our shortage of strikers... any team that have lost Ade, Tevez & Robinho before they play United couldn't say they haven't been severely weakened.

Hopefully RSC is ready to be the next player to shut the doubters up at this club!
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Slim wrote:
ronk wrote:

YOU FUCKING SPAZ......I WAS ABOUT TO ASK WHERE YOU HEARD THAT....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Benjani was working out this morning but is far from fit enough for this weekend.
I doubt also if anyone will be losing sleep over not having Bojinov around for the game on Sunday either. I don't think he would have helped much and isn't he having difficulty getting into the Parma side?

What makes you say that?

How could you possibly "rate him highly"???!! Was it the angle it went in at? The speed it went in at?

I'm fucking baffled!

As for our shortage of strikers... any team that have lost Ade, Tevez & Robinho before they play U***d couldn't say they haven't been severely weakened.

Hopefully RSC is ready to be the next player to shut the doubters up at this club!

We both know the reason he's only scored 1 goal for the club. He's been sidelined for 98% of the time he's been here.

I rate him very highly based on what I've seen of him previously and the small amount of times he's been available for City.

It's a shame he's not here for the derby.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
ronk wrote:

hahaha, such are the benefits of reading the whole thread....people could learn from you.

Blame the fuckers who decided to stick the CL on at 2:30am.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:

What makes you say that?

I'm fucking baffled!

As for our shortage of strikers... any team that have lost Ade, Tevez & Robinho before they play U***d couldn't say they haven't been severely weakened.

We both know the reason he's only scored 1 goal for the club. He's been sidelined for 98% of the time he's been here.

I rate him very highly based on what I've seen of him previously and the small amount of times he's been available for City.

It's a shame he's not here for the derby.

Now you rate him VERY highly? Fuck it mate, I'm too pissed off with the false statement to the FA to get into this.

I do agree that I'd rather have him available for the derby given our current situation... although I'd say the same about Vassell because he's got a great record against the scum.

Its a bit ironic though when you think about it... Taggart was the one going on about "Are City gonna play with 8 strikers..." etc... Looks like we're going to the swamp with one, including the bench.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
ronk wrote:

hahaha, such are the benefits of reading the whole thread....people could learn from you.

Blame the fuckers who decided to stick the CL on at 2:30am.

IM IN A BLAME MOOD THIS WEEK.........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:Now you rate him VERY highly? Fuck it mate, I'm too pissed off with the false statement to the FA to get into this.

I do agree that I'd rather have him available for the derby given our current situation... although I'd say the same about Vassell because he's got a great record against the scum.

Its a bit ironic though when you think about it... Taggart was the one going on about "Are City gonna play with 8 strikers..." etc... Looks like we're going to the swamp with one, including the bench.

I believe so does Johnny Macken.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Now you rate him VERY highly? Fuck it mate, I'm too pissed off with the false statement to the FA to get into this.

Aye, but we won't have to worry about that now because Ade's available isn't he? :)
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

Aye, but we won't have to worry about that now because Ade's available isn't he? :)

Why? Have we had some news?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

He misses Wigan
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

:)
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Did you look a couple of posts underneath it or are you just trying to be a smartarse?

Cause if you want to play this game, I could show a six month gap between someone posting shit that actually showed they had a pair and then when called upon to hold true to that post, they claimed they didn't and even when it was proved they did, they STILL failed to step up, accept they were wrong and act like a man.

I could, but I won't, but I could.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Did you look a couple of posts underneath it or are you just trying to be a smartarse?

Cause if you want to play this game, I could show a six month gap between someone posting shit that actually showed they had a pair and then when called upon to hold true to that post, they claimed they didn't and even when it was proved they did, they STILL failed to step up, accept they were wrong and act like a man.

I could, but I won't, but I could.

Shut up you cunt it was in jest, I was expecting a "touche" reply, not an ballbreaking essay ;)
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum