Training Tuesday 15/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 15/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:21 pm

An intersting session today and more for who wasnt there than who was. The reserves are playing at Wigan tonight and that took Nedum/Silvinho and Vidal. 6 have been called up for the England under 20's side. That's Trippier, Tutte , Clayton , Nimley , Marshall and Mee I think. Micah has tonsilitis , Johnson has Bronchitis, Tevez his crocked knee , Robinho his stress fracture, Ireland his dodgy ankle , Kompany getting closer and RSC not yet ready for the full squad training but maybe this week.

So just 11 on view today and they were Garrido , Bridge , Lescott , Toure , NDJ , SWP ,Weiss , Bellers , Ade , Barry and ? ( I can't remember) I forgot to ask about Petrov who was in early but not out in the afternoon training.

They didn't come out to train, in what was a lightish session, until 2pm but had been doing a lot of work inside on strength exercises. Good news on Kompany is that he is working really hard and setting personal bests on many of the exercises he is doing. He was outside in a one to one before the rest came out.

Loads of cameramen there today with eyes basically only for Ade. Sad buggers really but they will have got some good pictures of him including after one goal he scored when he ran a few yards and slid on his knees straight towards them. His finishing was first class all the time. The other who stood out most was NDJ but not for good reasons on this occasion. Great spirit of course amongst them all and if SWP ever stopped smiling I must have missed it.

The news had just broken about Ade's charges and some comments made were , how sad it is that at the end of the match RVP and Ade were embracing and talking as mates and then he quickly came out with the statement on the website. Also that the ref has now decided that even though he was so close and looking at the incident, he didnt actually see it!!! That in itself makes it difficult to challenge the charges as it risks them being worsened.

Obviously great uncertainty within the squad of who will be fit and available for Sunday but there is hope that the 2 illnesses will be ok for training in a day or so. Ireland expects to be OK but Tevez not sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 15/9

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Cheers Doug, be interesting to see what training looks like a bit closer to the weekend.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Loads of cameramen there today with eyes basically only for Ade. Sad buggers really but they will have got some good pictures of him including after one goal he scored when he ran a few yards and slid on his knees straight towards them. His finishing was first class all the time. The other who stood out most was NDJ but not for good reasons on this occasion. Great spirit of course amongst them all and if SWP ever stopped smiling I must have missed it.

Brilliant. Rapidly become one of my all time favourite players.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Is '?' Zabaleta?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Didn't realise until I read it; that Nimely was English qualified! Just looked it up on Wiki & it says his dad is English. Y learn something new every day. Pity Weiss' dad isn't English.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:Is '?' Zabaleta?

Certainly was . How could I forget Zabba!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Cheers Dougie, but come on! You mention about the Schlong but don't tell us why he stood out. Give us the juicy mate?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Dougie, but come on! You mention about the Schlong but don't tell us why he stood out. Give us the juicy mate?

I think he said that his finishing was rubbish today.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:20 pm

ronk wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Dougie, but come on! You mention about the Schlong but don't tell us why he stood out. Give us the juicy mate?

I think he said that his finishing was rubbish today.

Cheers mate, I see now. I wouldn't expect him to be prolific though, sometimes even his passes go astray ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby svengali » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Seriously, I think im in love.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

svengali wrote:Image

That's the one today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Yep nothing more than he was rubbish finishing today. Has looked good at times in the past but this wasn't his day.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby svengali » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

That's the one today.

Yeh the Mail have put it online in an article. Couldnt be bothered with posting the article itself.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:27 pm

svengali wrote:

That's the one today.

Yeh the Mail have put it online in an article. Couldnt be bothered with posting the article itself.

Good because the article isn't very good
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby svengali » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 pm

svengali wrote:

That's the one today.

Good because the article isn't very good

Precisely why I didnt bother with it.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Im fucking praying this Adebayor thing isnt going to fuck up the squad harmony, we have alot of potential trouble makers.

Doug, can you say anymore about NDJ in training?

Im also hoping his little blab on dutch TV is quickly swept away.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Goataldo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 pm

If he keeps playing like he did on Sat, NDJ won't need to blab, and he (not to mention us) needn't worry. Thought he was really solid against The Arse.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Crossie wrote:Im fucking praying this Adebayor thing isnt going to fuck up the squad harmony, we have alot of potential trouble makers.

He is quality in training. Always working hard but at the same time having fun and reacting really well with all the players. Not a problem at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Crossie wrote:Im fucking praying this Adebayor thing isnt going to fuck up the squad harmony, we have alot of potential trouble makers.

Chill. This will make the bonds of the squad stronger. Do you imagine that Adebayor has wondered for even a second if he wouldn't have been happier at Arsenal. As long as we keep our powder dry and limit ourselves to the occasional snipe we'll come out of it looking like roses.

Even Toure was mystified by the reaction to Adebayor. They cheered Toure and booed Adebayor. From day one there's been this irrational towards Adebayor by a considerable section of the Arsenal support.

Even when Adebayor slid in front of them, if you look at his face after the slide finishes he's kneeling there stunned not knowing what to do. He didn't expect them to go so mental, from his point of view they had no understanding of his rationale. I honestly think he's still puzzled about why they hate him so much.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum