Stop ****ing whining

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Stop ****ing whining

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:39 pm

The guy studded another players face, if he gets banned so be it. Only he knows if he meant it but we ALL know if it had been a player doing it to one of ours we'd be demanding he get dealt with appropriately.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Stop ****ing whining

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Worth a new thread?

THERE IS COUNTLESS OTHERS PAL.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Worth a new thread?

never noticed them pal
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:50 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Worth a new thread?

never noticed them pal

Your a funny guy.

Big love.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

back at ya.

Seriously though dont you find this "we're being hard done by" bollox a bit tedious?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 pm

[quote="london blue 2"]back at ya.

Seriously though dont you find this "we're being hard done by" bollox a bit tedious?[/quote

ITS ALL ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS MATE, THATS WHATS ANNOYING.

ALSO EVERY CUNTING PUNDIT AND NEWSPAPER WANT ADE HUNG - ITS OVER THE TOP IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bobadji » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:06 pm

mate, I know exactly what you mean. There's no conspiracy against us.
People used to moan we were last on MOTD all the time, and never got any recognition. Well, we're a high profile team now and have to take the good with the bad, and the fact is, it was a vicious stamp.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:09 pm

london blue 2 wrote:The guy studded another players face, if he gets banned so be it. Only he knows if he meant it but we ALL know if it had been a player doing it to one of ours we'd be demanding he get dealt with appropriately.

No we wouldn't. If we thought it might have been an accident we wouldn't have reacted like that.

We actually have a pretty decent track record in terms of accepting punishments in incidents we've been involved in down the years. Barton's antics got only sporadic defence, Thatcher was condemned. There was no big fight over Ball getting 3 matches.

Adebayor is not a dirty player, he has 2 red cards in his career, a case of mistaken identity in the Carling Cup final where they bungled the appeal and a 2nd yellow against Liverpool where the player pretended to be injured to get the card. He's made mistakes but I've always considered him to be a clean player, not the sort who leaves the boot in.

Certainly not the sort to be singled out as a troublemaker when you're playing against them (in the way that we might have viewed Fabregas or van Persie).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:The guy studded another players face, if he gets banned so be it. Only he knows if he meant it but we ALL know if it had been a player doing it to one of ours we'd be demanding he get dealt with appropriately.

I agree. Now shut the fcuk up ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:14 pm

bobadji wrote:mate, I know exactly what you mean. There's no conspiracy against us.
People used to moan we were last on MOTD all the time, and never got any recognition. Well, we're a high profile team now and have to take the good with the bad, and the fact is, it was a vicious stamp.

Bollocks was it a vicious stamp! Ha.
And yeh, I dont think we should be pushed around by the FA. Stand up for ourselves now we're a big club and show them that they cant do this to City anymore. If this was Rooney what do you think they'd have done about it? Exaclty. Fuck all.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bobadji » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
bobadji wrote:mate, I know exactly what you mean. There's no conspiracy against us.

And yeh, I dont think we should be pushed around by the FA. Stand up for ourselves now we're a big club and show them that they cant do this to City anymore. If this was Rooney what do you think they'd have done about it? Exaclty. Fuck all.

if Rooney was involved in a debatable violent conduct issue, which was only caught on camera, he'd get away with it and it wouldn't get fast-tracked through the FA. Oh wait, [urlnp=http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/31/content_404929.htm]LINK[/urlnp]
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 pm

I thought only RAGS lived in LONDON ?

You know the saying traffic jam on the M6,rags are playing at home
Last edited by CITYTILLIDIE11 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:49 pm

bobadji wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

if Rooney was involved in a debatable violent conduct issue, which was only caught on camera, he'd get away with it and it wouldn't get fast-tracked through the FA. Oh wait, [urlnp=http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/31/content_404929.htm]LINK[/urlnp]

I'd have no problem with a ban if I thought it was a vicious stamp. After watching several angles I don't believe it was. If we're talking about even handedness; Eduardo has just been let off for a dive which is far more obvious & easy to prove than Adebayor's actions. Double standards indeed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:55 pm

bobadji wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

That wasn't debatable. It was violent conduct, the question of whether he hurt Ben Haim was irrelevant. Rooney pleaded guilty because he was back in time for the Chelsea game and even the Liverpool one after that. Appealing would have risked that. They knew they were in the wrong but they just made a fuss for show.

What's the point in playing against Middlesbrough and missing Chelsea?

Adebayor is different because it's a question of whether the contact was accidental or whether he kicked van Persie. This is a highly complicated and technical instance for the disciplinary hearing because they have to determine intent in a scenario where it is far from clear.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CityGer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Happy to read some sense.

Some of the stuff on here defending Ade and saying how it will be a disgrace and conspiracy if he is punished has been cringewrothy. He stamped on someone ffs, it may have been a cunt that he stamped on but he stamped on someone. If roles were reversed we would be crying out for punishment.

I should add that I think any form of punishment for the celebration would be harsh but as for the stamp, and that's exactly what it was, he'll get done and I don't think we can have any complaints as long as the punishment is in keeping with previous, similar cases.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:29 pm

A referee gives a false statement to the FA to save his own arse and you just fucking accept it?

I'm all for rules and punishment within the law should those rules be broken. The law was broken to give this punishment. The main witness in the case lied.

I've said it before - burying evidence or giving false evidence so that an appropriate punishment can be issued is NOT justice being served.

It is the law being broken. Call it "whining" all you want but I expect to be treated fairly in situations such as these. If Ade cannot be given a three match ban without the referee lying, then Ade should NOT be given a three match ban.

Surely this makes some kind of sense to you mate?!
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:A referee gives a false statement to the FA to save his own arse and you just fucking accept it?

I'm all for rules and punishment within the law should those rules be broken. The law was broken to give this punishment. The main witness in the case lied.

I've said it before - burying evidence or giving false evidence so that an appropriate punishment can be issued is NOT justice being served.

It is the law being broken. Call it "whining" all you want but I expect to be treated fairly in situations such as these. If Ade cannot be given a three match ban without the referee lying, then Ade should NOT be given a three match ban.

I agree that whinning wasn't the best term and that Clattenberg is a cunt but people have been trying to absolve Ade of any blame for the stamp since Saturday night, way before the Ref stitched us up, and it's embarrassing. He fucking stamped on him mate. I don't want him punished, especially with what lies ahead on sunday but he's bang to rights on the stamp.

If it was Ade on the deck and RVP who stamped on him, there would be uproar, and rightly so, on this board and from all Blues.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:A referee gives a false statement to the FA to save his own arse and you just fucking accept it?

I agree that whinning wasn't the best term and that Clattenberg is a cunt but people have been trying to absolve Ade of any blame for the stamp since Saturday night, way before the Ref stitched us up, and it's embarrassing. He fucking stamped on him mate. I don't want him punished, especially with what lies ahead on sunday but he's bang to rights on the stamp.

If it was Ade on the deck and RVP who stamped on him, there would be uproar, and rightly so, on this board and from all Blues.

I've explained at length why it wasnt a stamp in a few other threads - to summarise you cant make a lateral 'stamp' and the contact with VP was lateral, just look at the slow mo's carefully. You might think Im being a pedantic git but it's a very important detail because you cant stamp on someone unintentionally but you CAN make a glancing blow/poke accidentally.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CityGer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Dameerto wrote:
CityGer wrote:

I've explained at length why it wasnt a stamp in a few other threads - to summarise you cant make a lateral 'stamp' and the contact with VP was lateral, just look at the slow mo's carefully. You might think Im being a pedantic git but it's a very important detail because you cant stamp on someone unintentionally but you CAN make a glancing blow/poke accidentally.

Apologies for missing your explanation and for completely dismissing it. It was a stamp.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

CityGer wrote:

Of course. If the ref hadn't seen it it is a definite three match ban because he lashed out.

The thing is chief, the ref DID see it. And quite clearly. He made his decision by not stopping the play. He deemed it not worthy of a yellow card.

Its just that if he said that to the FA he would be demoted and there's a possibility his career might not recover, so he LIED and gave a FALSE STATEMENT to save his own ass. Of that there is NO doubt.

Therefore, Ade is being punished to save Clattenburg's career.

Can you not see something wrong with that?
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum