Watching city v scum in New York

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Watching city v scum in New York

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I'll be in New York for the derby and I've heard about two prime places to watch the game

Mad Hatters and Nevada Smith's ... any recommendations? I'm assuming both will be open for the game (correct me if i'm wrong)

I had a look on the ny supporters branch page, but I thought there may be some people who go to those two locations here who could give some advice. thanks.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Watching city v scum in New York

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:04 pm

I think its Mad Hatters this weekend. It has been the last few weeks. Its been up for debate whether we head in to Nevada's or not, but I think the general consensus is Mad Hatters. I let you know if it changes.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:43 pm

thank you I appreciate it, I heard that nevada smiths can be filled with rags ... and while I love banter and am not afraid of a good scrap, I'll have my gf with me and she doesn't have the constitution for that sort of thing. As of right now i'll start planning around going to mad hatter's.

thanks again
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JonnyAsh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 am

If you can let me know too. I'm living in Forest Hills, NY for a year after moving over from the UK. A blue since 1963, so would love to join any fellow City fans
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey guys, yep Mad Hatters it is. Its becoming the NY City bar so from now we're gonna watch every game there. Look forward to seein you both there. They do a good Guinness and a good Irish breckie as well!

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rl ... e&resnum=1

http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Ha, Good to know guys. Just got Tickets for Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in November (7th) so i hope to meet up with
the NYC City group then. Flights booked too. That's the Burnley game at home , so I hope it will be shown on one of the satellite feeds. I know City are always on Showtime (Arabia).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:10 am

zuricity wrote:Ha, Good to know guys. Just got Tickets for Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in November (7th) so i hope to meet up with
the NYC City group then. Flights booked too. That's the Burnley game at home , so I hope it will be shown on one of the satellite feeds. I know City are always on Showtime (Arabia).

Nice! The boss at MSG! Most of our games seem to be on tele nowadays so i'd say there's a good chance it'll be on. See you there.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
zuricity wrote:Ha, Good to know guys. Just got Tickets for Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in November (7th) so i hope to meet up with

Nice! The boss at MSG! Most of our games seem to be on tele nowadays so i'd say there's a good chance it'll be on. See you there.

You going to the concert too, or do you mean the Burnley game ? Hotels and flights are sorted. Just got to get the wife organised now so I can take in the Burnley game. I'm sure Macy's will be having a special sale on.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 am

Just out of interest, what time is the kick off in New York time? How about Us west coat? What about our Australian boys?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby MSG77 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Just out of interest, what time is the kick off in New York time? How about Us west coat? What about our Australian boys?

Its 830 AM in New York. Not great, but manageable.

That would be 530 AM West Coast. Yikes! Doesn't exactly make for socializing. Would have to guess not many public places are open at that hour. A bit strange that the games in England kick-off at 530 and 7 AM I think out there, and yet, "soccer" is bigger on the West Coast than the East I think. Maybe they just don't follow the European leagues as much. But I don't think many of the homegrown US players are from the East Coast. California mostly.

I think that makes it 1030 PM in Melbourne and Sydney? Not sure about the other parts of OZ as they have those weird half-hour time zones in some parts I think. And also, I think that some parts have Daylight Savings time, but some don't. And I'm pretty sure its on a different calendar than the US, so maybe its already ended (or started, since the seasons are reversed). Its all very confusing and I can never seem to figure out what time it is in OZ.
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby MSG77 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:16 am

Oh yeah,

If anyone is in Boston and planning on going out for the game, let others know.

I realize that Boston is not New York (and that they pretty much hate each other) and that a new thread is probably in order, but whatever. Post it here for now, at least until there is some interest.

If I head out, I'll probably go to Phoenix Landing. I realize this is a Liverpool bar, but AFAIK, there is no "City" bar in Boston and I would think the rags would be minimal. If anything, maybe some scouse fans, who would hate the rags anyway. Can't see it being too packed at 8AM on a Sunday though. Maybe I'm wrong.

Usually just watch these things at home (usually on a shitty stream), but want to get some atmosphere for this match.
"this man is a equivalent of large and strong a construction that badly constructed you know, but without real figure, as you say, it does not classify. a thus affectionate man of the alcoholic drink can only influence its condition lies them. the mental state! that is why own goals from richard are many, the guilt shall lie only at legs of Arthur Guinness!" - LazioFanFromManchester
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:34 am

MSG77 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Just out of interest, what time is the kick off in New York time? How about Us west coat? What about our Australian boys?

Its 830 AM in New York. Not great, but manageable.

That would be 530 AM West Coast. Yikes! Doesn't exactly make for socializing. Would have to guess not many public places are open at that hour. A bit strange that the games in England kick-off at 530 and 7 AM I think out there, and yet, "soccer" is bigger on the West Coast than the East I think. Maybe they just don't follow the European leagues as much. But I don't think many of the homegrown US players are from the East Coast. California mostly.

I think that makes it 1030 PM in Melbourne and Sydney? Not sure about the other parts of OZ as they have those weird half-hour time zones in some parts I think. And also, I think that some parts have Daylight Savings time, but some don't. And I'm pretty sure its on a different calendar than the US, so maybe its already ended (or started, since the seasons are reversed). Its all very confusing and I can never seem to figure out what time it is in OZ.

Cheers mate.

I think I would find it odd to watch City play early in the morning but I suppose you get used to everything.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 pm

9.30 ko here tomorrow night.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:45 pm

8:30pm here, 10:30pm for the eastern states lads.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

9.30 ko here tomorrow night.

That's still quite alright. When we have saturday 3pm kick off, it's 10pm there and the games finished before twelve. Bit like watching midweek European games in Finland.

Watching games in morning sounds surreal though.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby fees » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Luckily in SA the game is on an hour later than UK and only 2 hours in winter. I am going to find the sports pub with the biggest contingent of manure fans and watch it there. Chance are I am going to get battered tomorrow. Wish me luck.
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:13 pm

We made it onto the front page of the OS! Nice work lads!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ay-Blues-2
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Yeah i'm not a big fan of the morning kickoff, 8:30 for most games some start as early as 7:30... But hey its worth it, and I have a pretty good setup with the girlfriend, nice big breakfast every morning before the city games... Works for me. Its nice watching the European games and other Cup games because then its mostly a 3 in the afternoon kickoff, unfourtunetly no pubs show any of the games so mostly its just me and the gal screaming at the screen instead of me screaming at the scum fans..
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Kyle wrote:Yeah i'm not a big fan of the morning kickoff, 8:30 for most games some start as early as 7:30... But hey its worth it, and I have a pretty good setup with the girlfriend, nice big breakfast every morning before the city games... Works for me. Its nice watching the European games and other Cup games because then its mostly a 3 in the afternoon kickoff, unfourtunetly no pubs show any of the games so mostly its just me and the gal screaming at the screen instead of me screaming at the scum fans..

When I lived in Oz I hated the midweek games. I can barely find the energy to talk in the morning never mind sit through a boring 1-0 win over Boro at 6am in the morning.

Did the website approach you guys to run this on there website or did you approach them? Im going to some weird and wonderful places quite soon and it would go quite fun reporting on watching City in different parts of the world.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 pm

i usually end up having to follow midweek games from work - so with today, west ham, and villa i'll have to look like i'm working for the last two hours of my day. could be a challenge.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum