Watching city v scum in New York

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Watching city v scum in New York

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:00 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:i usually end up having to follow midweek games from work - so with today, west ham, and villa i'll have to look like i'm working for the last two hours of my day. could be a challenge.

Haha I can totally relate, last season I had a lecture hall from 3 to 6, so for all of the midweek games I was sitting in the corner with the laptop watching the games... Like the last day after I took the final the professor asked me what I was watching during the classes, rather awkward but hey what can ya do...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Kyle wrote:Yeah i'm not a big fan of the morning kickoff, 8:30 for most games some start as early as 7:30... But hey its worth it, and I have a pretty good setup with the girlfriend, nice big breakfast every morning before the city games... Works for me. Its nice watching the European games and other Cup games because then its mostly a 3 in the afternoon kickoff, unfourtunetly no pubs show any of the games so mostly its just me and the gal screaming at the screen instead of me screaming at the scum fans..

Yeh the early morning ones can be a killer. Especially if you've been up till 4 the night before, but I cant miss a game. Sometimes its an internet job, but having our own City bar now makes it more worth while. Got to represent.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Kyle wrote:Yeah i'm not a big fan of the morning kickoff, 8:30 for most games some start as early as 7:30... But hey its worth it, and I have a pretty good setup with the girlfriend, nice big breakfast every morning before the city games... Works for me. Its nice watching the European games and other Cup games because then its mostly a 3 in the afternoon kickoff, unfourtunetly no pubs show any of the games so mostly its just me and the gal screaming at the screen instead of me screaming at the scum fans..

Yeh the early morning ones can be a killer. Especially if you've been up till 4 the night before, but I cant miss a game. Sometimes its an internet job, but having our own City bar now makes it more worth while. Got to represent.

Yeah that sounds like a lot more fun than being huddled around my computer. Next time i'm out east, I'll have to stop in for a game!
Kyle

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Kyle wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:i usually end up having to follow midweek games from work - so with today, west ham, and villa i'll have to look like i'm working for the last two hours of my day. could be a challenge.

Haha I can totally relate, last season I had a lecture hall from 3 to 6, so for all of the midweek games I was sitting in the corner with the laptop watching the games... Like the last day after I took the final the professor asked me what I was watching during the classes, rather awkward but hey what can ya do...

we can't stream anything at work, so i usually just follow the gamecast on soccernet and try to see what people are posting on the game threads - seeing as there are no streams today may just be following the gamecast.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:
Kyle wrote:

we can't stream anything at work, so i usually just follow the gamecast on soccernet and try to see what people are posting on the game threads - seeing as there are no streams today may just be following the gamecast.

Yeah, you should check out the matchday center on the website as well. I am just not a big fan of soccernet because there are so many dumb liverpool, arse-holes, and scum supporters that don't have a f-ing clue what they are talking about.
Kyle

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:05 pm

yeah i've started using the match day centre this season - problem is the updates are sometimes few and far between. although that's a problem no matter where i'm following i guess.

best option is probably to go ahead and move to manchester i suppose...
BmoreBlue

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:35 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:yeah i've started using the match day centre this season - problem is the updates are sometimes few and far between. although that's a problem no matter where i'm following i guess.

best option is probably to go ahead and move to manchester i suppose...

Haha i've contemplated it, i'm just sick of watching games on the computer, I want more live games on tv!
Kyle

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:36 pm

i think we can all agree that the uk hasn't figured out sports programming yet.
BmoreBlue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum