Time for some Derby Heroes then!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Time for some Derby Heroes then!

Postby lythamblue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 pm

I really don't care who does or doesn't play on Sunday, and perhaps the more players we have out the better chance we could have of winning.

Nothing spurs people on or motivates them more than a sense of injustice and having your back against the wall. By the same token, a weaker side will leave the opposition feeling confident which often turns to complacency.

I wouldn't try telling Shay Given that it is more than likely he will let a few goals in! I wouldn't try telling Kolo Toure that he can't win against Man Utd either, and I certainly wouldn't tell Bellers that we will probably get beaten because our 'best' strikers can't play!

They will believe they can win it for themselves ...... win it for Ade ........ win it for the fans ...... and now have the perfect opportunity to make a statement and show that we have a great SQUAD and not just great individuals.

I really believe, you will see our new squad commitment and solidarity taken to a new level this Sunday and believe we can win because we will still have eleven good players on that pitch who will ultimately want it more than the opposition does.

So far this season everything has gone like a dream and why shouldn't this continue by beating the Champions and our greatest rivals, on their own patch ...... with £104 million quids worth of strikers not even available to us!

Typical City ?.... is still alive and well!

A hero will evolve on Sunday, as usual it will not be the expected 'Tevez to score on his return' or indeed 'Superstriker Ade to continue his goal rush' or even 'a present from Santa'. Don't be surprised if it a solid defensive display by Lescott with headed goal from a set piece thrown in in the last 10 mins.

However, my money is on Bellers! I think you will see the performance of a lifetime from him on Sunday. Supreme work rate, coupled with team inspiration and a cracking individual goal. a 1-0 win for the Blues with Given giving the kind of display which will formulate a you tube video on it's own which you will watch over and over for the next 20 years.

Don't worry ...... This is going to be a GREAT day!!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Time for some Derby Heroes then!

Postby citytillidie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 am

Great post fella .. any chance of you doing the team talk ?
citytillidie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:35 am

I DI HOPE CHUCKLE ONE IS PLAYING FOR THEM...HE,S OUR 12TH MAN.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby citytillidie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 am

well Dope head and arse bandit are doubtfull so theres a chance he gets a look in
citytillidie

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:22 am

My money is on our superhero. He hasn't put a stamp on a Manchester derby yet and after all, he is..

[youtube]hdRThyK4G7k[/youtube]
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Darthkeyhole » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 am

damn, that was a good post.
I feel inspired.......
[center]Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
Darthkeyhole
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:49 am

Great post mate...makes me feel better about our prospects
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 am

Well done that man!!!

Churchill couldn't ave put it better.

Fuclin CCUM ON CITYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lythamblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 am

citytillidie wrote:Great post fella .. any chance of you doing the team talk ?

On occassions such as this, with all that has been happening and has been said about us over the last few months ...... no one should need to make a team talk!!

They will all know the score and will react positively.

I repeat, we will get a good result and have ourselvers an unlikely hero.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:05 am

What, is Benjani playing in the derby ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby bluelingy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 am

gr8 post

The incidents at the weekend and the probable ban, together with the bombardment we are getting from the press could actual be the defining moment of our season, and have a positive affect rather then a negative affect!
It has been said that our money grabbing super stars may have problems gelling as a unit (no evidence that has been the case as yet) but if we did need something to pull us together, then the flack the club are getting at the moment will work wonders in pulling the squad tighter,
I think Hughes may be sat in his office thinking "you keep writing about my players, its making the job of motivation a hell of a lot easier".
If we can ride out the ban without losing too many points, then I will imagine Ade will be back with even more vengeance. and we may all have to thank RVP, Twattenburg, Vindictive Wenger, Twatini and the (Know) F.A for their part in giving us a siege mentality and getting us our champions league spot.
Q. Which is your favourite goal? A. It has to be the second goal I scored during the last-ever Maine Road derby. I heard the fans singing a new song: "Who let the Goat out?" and I thought, "I'm having that one!" Eyal [Berkovic] placed a perfectly weighted pass into my stride. I held off two defenders and the ball bounced in front of me, allowing me to make a gentle half-volley over Barthez. It was my 100th goal for Man City and particularly satisfying to score against Man Utd.
bluelingy
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:12 am

I remember that the Italy team in 2006 was, because of the big scandal in Serie A, under similar pressure from the press, attacks coming from every part on the players, the coach, etc. Well, guess what, Italy won the World Cup. Siege mentality can do wonders for a team, and I believe it will for us.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby bobadji » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:15 am

Fantastic post, big game needed from everyone on Sunday, especially Lescott and Kolo.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 am

Cruz first game for the club supposedly but not heard anything this week so will he be playing or not?? He could be the hero... Otherwise we gotta rely on Bellamy and an out of form Ireland.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby fees » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 am

What a great post and just what I needed to hear after all the flack City have been getting this week. I have been getting loads of abuse from guys who support "top 4" teams, guys that would never normally have a go at me. They are obviously realising that we are a threat now.

That post makes me want to go to the South African scum supporters club gathering point on Sunday to watch the game. There will probably be a couple of hundred of them in the Grand Slam Sports bar Sunday. Then there will be me and my old man (the man responsible for my higher education football knowledge and die hard City status), two die hard Blues ready to take them on.

Come on Citeh! I love derby day.
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby matty69 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 am

inspiring post and im getting a feeling all the press bollocks and FA whining will just give us the extra kick up backsides to go and slaughter the red bastards. CITY TILL I DIE
matty69

Postby lythamblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am

Basically, you have to give credit and respect to the quality and ambition of the players that are actually playing.

Thankfully, the City players that walk out on that pitch will not be thinking about the players that are missing.

Their replacements will be glad they are missing and eager to have an opportunity to show what they can do, on such a stage with around 400 million people watching in over 80 countries throughout the world.

That's why I think Bellers will be our hero, because he is self obsessed and arrogant enough to actually believe that we will win just because he IS playing! He will be a man possessed and think he has to win the game on his own.

Gareth Barry will look behind him and see Bridge, Toure, Lescott and Richards and think "f**k me .... even if they get past me and that lot .... they have still then actually got to stick one past Shay Given ...... How can they score!"

With that as a defensive base, plus a little luck, we can easily keep a clean sheet. Our creative players will produce 'some' chances throughout the game and we are a big threat at set pieces, even without Ade.

Heh ..... all is not lost. It's a game of football and we will still have a quality side on the pitch.

I bet Baconface isn't relaxing too much!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:58 am

Great post there mate! glad to see there is some positive minds on here, not just all the normal ddom and gloom stuff.

why not we can do it!!!!!!

COME ON CITYYY!!!!!!!!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Truly brilliant post mate, I just wish I could share the same amount of optimism...... when it comes to Derbies I'm so used to losing that it's hard for me to see anything other than a defeat..... on the plus side though, I'm never disappointed when we lose to them because I expect us to lose, but when we win the feeling is immense!!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm

lythamblue wrote:Basically, you have to give credit and respect to the quality and ambition of the players that are actually playing.

Thankfully, the City players that walk out on that pitch will not be thinking about the players that are missing.

Their replacements will be glad they are missing and eager to have an opportunity to show what they can do, on such a stage with around 400 million people watching in over 80 countries throughout the world.

That's why I think Bellers will be our hero, because he is self obsessed and arrogant enough to actually believe that we will win just because he IS playing! He will be a man possessed and think he has to win the game on his own.

Gareth Barry will look behind him and see Bridge, Toure, Lescott and Richards and think "f**k me .... even if they get past me and that lot .... they have still then actually got to stick one past Shay Given ...... How can they score!"

With that as a defensive base, plus a little luck, we can easily keep a clean sheet. Our creative players will produce 'some' chances throughout the game and we are a big threat at set pieces, even without Ade.

Heh ..... all is not lost. It's a game of football and we will still have a quality side on the pitch.

I bet Baconface isn't relaxing too much!!
The bolded part is exactly what Bellers shouldn't be thinking, we need to play as a team, not having someone trying to win it on his own. But, I agree that he will be a possessed man giving Vidic and Rio an hell of a hard work to do.

The underlined part cracked me up, lol.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum