Wenger says;

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wenger says;

Postby crossan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:14 am

99 people out of a hundred agree that it was a vicious stamp by Adebayor on Van Persie....................the one left is Mark Hughes,kettle,pot.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Wenger says;

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:29 am

So. 99 people out of hundred also thought that Eduardo should be banned minimum six months for a dive.

It's not what people think that matters, it's whether Ade meant it or not.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Elvistheblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

Arsole Wanker is a gobshite and should keep his trap shut cos all that comes out of it is a pile of doggie poo.

99/100 people saw Eduardo dive and the other person was Wanker.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:09 am

99 people saw city blast four past your shit team, and the 100th saw...

oh right, yeah.
The Man In Blue

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 am

He should keep his fuckin gob shut, the case is still pending. He's a right one to talk about seeing things, the twat.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 am

Guess who wrote VPs statement?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 am

Wengers opinion can be taken as shit since the Eduardo incident, show me a man who believes that cunt didnt dive and i'll show you a fucking lying bastard!!
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 am

Does this wanker think Hughes is going to cone out and " yeah ade is a dirty stamping bastard and should be hung up from the highest tree, i'm a sorry mr wenger that we bum fuckt ur team and will ask the fa to retract the three points we got and given them to you"

I have no doubt in my mind that Hughes would have pulled ade to one side but never in a millon years is he not going to defend our player in the public arena when every man and his dog is having a go.

I feel the arse have dodged a bullet this weekend and deflected from the fact that there place is under jepordy. It has hardly been touched upon how badly they fell apart and how fucking wondefull we were in that twenty min spell. Anyway onto Sunday when the city machine rolls into Trafford. I hope we really make everyone stand up and take note on Sunday on a purely football basis.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby bluelingy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 am

And that Mr Wenger is why Ade plays in blue now and we have Double your points tally,
Q. Which is your favourite goal? A. It has to be the second goal I scored during the last-ever Maine Road derby. I heard the fans singing a new song: "Who let the Goat out?" and I thought, "I'm having that one!" Eyal [Berkovic] placed a perfectly weighted pass into my stride. I held off two defenders and the ball bounced in front of me, allowing me to make a gentle half-volley over Barthez. It was my 100th goal for Man City and particularly satisfying to score against Man Utd.
bluelingy
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 am

What comments is Wenger objecting to. As far as I'm aware Hughes spoke on the day (as did Wenger) but hasn't made any strong statement about the inncident.
Immediately after the game Hughes said: 'The referee had a great view of the challenge from Ade and the one that preceded it by Van Persie and deemed at the time neither were worthy of either a yellow or red card.' he was defending BOTH players.
Wenger said:
"I didn't really see what happened, I have to see it again to see if it was on purpose or not. I can't say anything at the moment."

On Monday (?) Hughes is quoted as saying:
"Emmanuel Adebayor sustained a tremendous amount of personal abuse from the kick-off but strongly maintains that there was no malice intended in the challenge on Robin Van Persie and apologised to him when he hugged him on leaving the field of play at the end of the game,"
i.e. Ade has told me there was no malice. That's different from Hughes expressing any opinion.

Hughes is also quoted as sayng "cut him some slack". I just can't find the quote that says "I've seen the replay and there's nothing in it" although he may have said that.
So why Wenger is attacking Hughes is unclear other than to prejudice any disciplinary process.
Wanger
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:51 am

Curious language from Wenger, is there a source online for this?

It's kind of an equivocal statement. Originally he said he hadn't seen the incident and that he was going to study it carefully. He did the same with the Eduardo case and found the weaknesses in the video evidence. Now he didn't say that the video evidence is conclusively damning for Adebayor, he just said that 99 out of a hundred people would think so.

For Wenger, there's a difference. I'm not sure that he's actually convinced himself, that's why he's relying on what other people who haven't studied the video as closely as he has (and he has studied it very closely) think of it. He's always going to back his own player, but he'd prefer to obfuscate rather than say something that he believes to be unsupportable with evidence, something contrary to science.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 am

I used to like Wenger he coached a team to play great football, he is now coaching the Arsenal players and fans to back him, he is also taking the piss out of pretty much anyone within earshot of him, his coments are loaded, he is playing games with most of his comments and for me he is losing the plot. He takes the high ground when he has no money he sees what he wants to see and he comments as wand when he pleases mostly after he loses, take a look athe table whilst you are moaning the table does not lie the League has gone Chelsea are 9 points clear of you already.Get on with what you used to do coach great football.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Grob » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 pm

But 100 people out of 100 saw City beat Arsenel 4-2 on Saturday which is what really counts so up yours Arsene
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

crossan wrote:99 people out of a hundred agree that it was a vicious stamp by Adebayor on Van Persie....................the one left is Mark Hughes,kettle,pot.

Crossan thank you so much for writing that out. I saw the interview last night on Sky Sports and I couldn't figure out what the twunt was saying. They really should put up the english translation of the stuff he is spouting.....then again, it usually is not that interesting to begin with.

I'd also like to say that 99 out of 100 Blues hate Arsene Wenger, the one left has not been asked the question yet.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 pm

I hope the players remember all this in April when we pay them a visit.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:57 pm

sandman wrote:Wengers opinion can be taken as shit since the Eduardo incident, show me a man who believes that cunt didnt dive and i'll show you a fucking lying bastard!!

Clattenburg was not sure - oh......
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:36 pm

"If 100 people saw the incident 99 will say it was bad the other will be Mark Hughes and I won't have seen the incident" in a pussy French geography teacher accent.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum