Are we turñing into a team of thugs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are we turñing into a team of thugs

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Whatever your thoughts are on the Ade incident are discussed elsewhere but generally I feel we are becoming a team that is a bit rough.
Whether thats a good thing or not I do not know but I cant see us winning the fair play league anytime in the near future.
Hughes Blackburn team had a reputation of being a bit thuggy and I think we are becoming the same.

Put facts when you make a statement like this.

Name a number of occasions where we have been "THUGGISH" recently and make comparisons with all the other teams in the league to balance your argument. Make particular comparison to the devilworshippers (especially the hatchett job they did on SWP last season that was not picked up on at all by the media) and then prove that we are "THUGGISH" and state if that's the case, what you think the devilworshippers are.

I am very interested to see your reply to this but I won't hold my breath.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think we're one the very few groups of fans who go on and on about the fair play league - no matter what side of the argument you're using it for...

It probably has somehing to do with us getting into europe twice because of it...

Talk to any of the top four fans about the fact that they're coming last or close to bottom of the fair play league and they'll laugh their tits off. Big teams don't care about the fail play league... fuck it, they don't really care about their discipinary record or press opinion of how tough of a team they are...

Why do we?

We're never gonna be the roughest team in the league... just like we're probably never gonna be the fairest again...

This talk of Hughes turning city into long ball butchers was total tripe at the time and is even more ludacris now, fari play table or not.

We were the fairest team not already qualified for Europe.

I think most City fans actually do care about whether we're a team of thugs and seen as such. I don't see a problem with expecting high standards and for our footballers to be honest.

This bullshit that all the top4 have about having bad tempered clashes every time they play is tiresome. I'd prefer to see us just playing football, wouldn't you?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think we're one the very few groups of fans who go on and on about the fair play league - no matter what side of the argument you're using it for...

It probably has somehing to do with us getting into europe twice because of it...

Talk to any of the top four fans about the fact that they're coming last or close to bottom of the fair play league and they'll laugh their tits off. Big teams don't care about the fail play league... fuck it, they don't really care about their discipinary record or press opinion of how tough of a team they are...

Why do we?

We're never gonna be the roughest team in the league... just like we're probably never gonna be the fairest again...

This talk of Hughes turning city into long ball butchers was total tripe at the time and is even more ludacris now, fari play table or not.

The year we won the league cup we played the rags at the swamp right at the end of the season & they were presented with some kind of 'fair play' trophy which Tommy Docherty (typical bitter rag twat if ever there was one) made them parade to their 'fans' whilst we sang 'show us your paper cup' from the scoreboard end. One bunch of embarrassed looking rags players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 pm

rag-hater, you should have thought about it a lot more before using the term 'thug' in your OP. Now if you were asking whether we have 'toughened up' or 'added more steel' to the team then you would have recieved more favourable replies but watching City and coming up with the term 'thugs' was just plain stupid.

I cannot say that i have ever seen a team full of thugs, some people may hark back to the Leeds & Chelsea teams of the 70's but football was different back then. What about Liverpool in the 80's as someone has said, again, not exactly a thuggish team imo. The rags during the 90's with K#~+E in midfield, not a thug imo.

What all them teams had were tough players who were willing to do the dirty work, Chopper Harris, Steve Macmahon, Souness, Keane etc. We have lacked that for many years but now with Barry & De Jong we have players with ability and also the skill to make City winners again.

Think before you post.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Fish111 wrote:rag-hater, you should have thought about it a lot more before using the term 'thug' in your OP. Now if you were asking whether we have 'toughened up' or 'added more steel' to the team then you would have recieved more favourable replies but watching City and coming up with the term 'thugs' was just plain stupid.

I cannot say that i have ever seen a team full of thugs, some people may hark back to the Leeds & Chelsea teams of the 70's but football was different back then. What about Liverpool in the 80's as someone has said, again, not exactly a thuggish team imo. The rags during the 90's with K#~+E in midfield, not a thug imo.

What all them teams had were tough players who were willing to do the dirty work, Chopper Harris, Steve Macmahon, Souness, Keane etc. We have lacked that for many years but now with Barry & De Jong we have players with ability and also the skill to make City winners again.

Think before you post.

Leeds were a team full of thugs imo. Skillful, talented, thugs but thugs all the same. Some of the stuff they got up to was shocking even in those days & Adebayor's so called stamp would be the kind of thing a Leeds player would do in the 1st 5 mins to say hello!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Weve been a bunch of fannies for years,lets get tough and show people you cant fuck us around.

Quite right LAHAD. Mind you those thugs Robinho, Tevez, Wright-Phillips, Weiss, Petrov and Ireland need to curb it a bit.

In the absence of possibility of a current Hughes-out thread, we get a 'take us back to being nice losers and bugger the winning mentality' thread!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Fish111 wrote:rag-hater, you should have thought about it a lot more before using the term 'thug' in your OP. Now if you were asking whether we have 'toughened up' or 'added more steel' to the team then you would have recieved more favourable replies but watching City and coming up with the term 'thugs' was just plain stupid.

Think before you post.

Fish I agree with most of your post. But all you have to do is look at Stoke...
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I sometimes watch La Liga matches over here and the one difference that strikes me is that the EPL seems a lot more physical(thuggish).
For me Barry is brilliant at winning us free kicks like Hamman did but on the reverse he seems to give a lot away aswell.
And for me fair play is important I dont really care what fans of other teams think.
The only thing I will say about this years table is that I hope we are there at the end of the season.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 pm

ronk wrote:

Why do we?

I think most City fans actually do care about whether we're a team of thugs and seen as such. I don't see a problem with expecting high standards and for our footballers to be honest.

This bullshit that all the top4 have about having bad tempered clashes every time they play is tiresome. I'd prefer to see us just playing football, wouldn't you?

It is just football though. We'll probably end up somewhere in the middle with regards to fair play and discipline etc and thats fine with me.

I don't want us to be like leeds or wimbledon but that won't ever happen again anyway, so I don't see the concern with this at all. Of course I want to see flair and skill - its a huge part of football, but so is passion. Passion brings hard hard tackling and a very physical element to a game. Its only natural that 9 times out of 10 a top of the table clash will have more passion, thus having slightly heavier tackling which can be mistimed and thus seen as being "bad tempered".

I want an equal measure of skill, passion, flair and steel in every game but it won't always work out that way.

In essence I want to win the league, and if we finish bottom of the fair play league I couldn't give a fuck.

Who finished bottom of the fair play league last season or the season before? Are they widely known as thugs?
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
ronk wrote:

Why do we?

It is just football though. We'll probably end up somewhere in the middle with regards to fair play and discipline etc and thats fine with me.

I don't want us to be like leeds or wimbledon but that won't ever happen again anyway, so I don't see the concern with this at all. Of course I want to see flair and skill - its a huge part of football, but so is passion. Passion brings hard hard tackling and a very physical element to a game. Its only natural that 9 times out of 10 a top of the table clash will have more passion, thus having slightly heavier tackling which can be mistimed and thus seen as being "bad tempered".

I want an equal measure of skill, passion, flair and steel in every game but it won't always work out that way.

In essence I want to win the league, and if we finish bottom of the fair play league I couldn't give a fuck.

Who finished bottom of the fair play league last season or the season before? Are they widely known as thugs?

Especially before Liverpool eh? ;)
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm

To be honest it does the team good that it became a bit tougher (Ireland, De Jong for example). Part of the game is to be physical. If they can find a good mix between being physical and yet still play slick football the sky would be the limit for this team, honestly.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby kinkylola » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I sometimes watch La Liga matches over here and the one difference that strikes me is that the EPL seems a lot more physical(thuggish).
For me Barry is brilliant at winning us free kicks like Hamman did but on the reverse he seems to give a lot away aswell.
And for me fair play is important I dont really care what fans of other teams think.
The only thing I will say about this years table is that I hope we are there at the end of the season.

you're hilarious man ... being physical = being thuggish? you know this is a contact sport right? you're a person who believes that a player is only good if he can glide around the pitch doing fancy step-overs and anyone who stops him from doing that is a thug right?

I have to give it to you though, you are a top class wum
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

Think before you post.

Fish I agree with most of your post. But all you have to do is look at Stoke...

Strong & physical but not thugs. For thugs think 11 x joeys.
Fish111

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:06 pm

What a cock arse of a thread, define thugs??. Your post makes no sense whatso ever. One incident of a stamp / rake or what ever you want to call it and we (our inparticular YOU), are branding us thugs?. Carzy. Take a look at the fair play league for gods sake.

I do think we are standing toe to toe with teams and starting to take games by the scruff of the nexk, but fuck me it's a physical sport, what are we meant to do shy away.

Bolllocks, bollocks and more bollocks.

rural
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:13 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I sometimes watch La Liga matches over here and the one difference that strikes me is that the EPL seems a lot more physical(thuggish).

you're hilarious man ... being physical = being thuggish? you know this is a contact sport right? you're a person who believes that a player is only good if he can glide around the pitch doing fancy step-overs and anyone who stops him from doing that is a thug right?

I thoght it was a non-contact sport(somebody with a rule book will have to clear that up) hence a foul is committed if a player touches another player without first making contact with the ball.
Therefore I like to see a game of skill where the ball is played not so much the man.
Crunching tackles and players getting hurt is not what I enjoy watching.
Rag_hater

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Go and watch cricket then.
Fish111

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

I thoght it was a non-contact sport(somebody with a rule book will have to clear that up) hence a foul is committed if a player touches another player without first making contact with the ball.
Therefore I like to see a game of skill where the ball is played not so much the man.

The only thing you enjoy watching is people getting wound up when you slag off our POTY at every opportunity or try to put one of your regular negative spins on the club as a whole.

You are a virus on this board. We can all see that.

By the way, you never answered my PM. I didn't expect you to though, because you can't get a mass reaction from a PM, can you?

WUM
Original Dub

Postby kinkylola » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

You're mistaken, it is a contact sport. Hope that clears that up for you.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 pm

http://www.soccerhelp.com/Soccer_Tips_D ... html#fouls

I intepret rule 8 there as it being a non-contact rule
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

You're mistaken, it is a contact sport. Hope that clears that up for you.

Sweet suffering Jesus H Christ, I never noticed he asked for "someone with a rule book" to clear up whether football is a contact sport.

You tried to tell us you knew about the game of football... a lot of us doubted it...

Well there's NO fucking doubt now.

You haven't a fucking clue! Of course its a contact sport, sorry for not having a cyber rule book on me.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum