Hicks says City must Curb spending.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hicks says City must Curb spending.

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Is this guy for real? His comments should be based around himself and Liverpool rather than us. Know your audience dickhead.

Sheikh Mansour is worth 33 billion on his own. He could keep spending all he likes.

This is like a tramp going up to Elton John and saying "Are you sure you want to be wasting money on flowers in this recession?"
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm

If these bastards get their way, who pays for it? THE FANS. If they stop people from putting in money WE have to stump up the difference. Fucking conniving lying tossers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Why do poor people always want to curb the spending of the rich? Fuck off Hick you tit, if our masters want to splash the cash then it's up to them, you'll get your share next summer when we buy Gerrard & Torres.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:36 pm

edge275 wrote:Is this guy for real? His comments should be based around himself and Liverpool rather than us. Know your audience dickhead.

Sheikh Mansour is worth 33 billion on his own. He could keep spending all he likes.

This is like a tramp going up to Elton John and saying "Are you sure you want to be wasting money on dresses in this recession?"

I fixed that for you mate...

:)
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:Is this guy for real? His comments should be based around himself and Liverpool rather than us. Know your audience dickhead.

This is like a tramp going up to Original Dub and saying "Are you sure you want to be wasting money on rentboys in this recession?"

I fixed that for you mate...

:)

Fixed yours.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Ah, very nice.

Rent boys aren't a waste during the recession they're an investment... in my happiness.

Anyway, get down off your high horse... just because your gay love comes free...
Original Dub

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 pm

This is highly laughable, as his baseball franchise has been in trouble since they signed Alex Rodriquez in 2001, for what at the time was more than the GDP of North Korea (for those of you not into baseball, he is the baseball version of the tranny).

Anyway, less I digress, as baseball came upon the trade deadline (i.e. the end of the "transfer" window), his team the Texas Rangers were in the hunt to help their chances to make the playoffs. However, as they looked to make a deal for a particular player (name escapes me now), the league office told them they could not spend the money due to the team's financial situation. I guess there is a fear if Hicks does not straighten it up, Major League Baseball might have to take control of the team, and that is not good for anyone.

Bottom line is, the fat prick is upset because he can no longer spend with the big boys in both baseball and footy, so he has to say things like this to keep fat Rafa well fed with talent, which he clearly can no longer afford. Thank you Abu Dabi.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Florida Blue wrote:This is highly laughable, as his baseball franchise has been in trouble since they signed Alex Rodriquez in 2001, for what at the time was more than the GDP of North Korea (for those of you not into baseball, he is the baseball version of the tranny).

Anyway, less I digress, as baseball came upon the trade deadline (i.e. the end of the "transfer" window), his team the Texas Rangers were in the hunt to help their chances to make the playoffs. However, as they looked to make a deal for a particular player (name escapes me now), the league office told them they could not spend the money due to the team's financial situation. I guess there is a fear if Hicks does not straighten it up, Major League Baseball might have to take control of the team, and that is not good for anyone.

Bottom line is, the fat prick is upset because he can no longer spend with the big boys in both baseball and footy, so he has to say things like this to keep fat Rafa well fed with talent, which he clearly can no longer afford. Thank you Abu Dabi.

Exactly he's upset because he cannot afford and wants others to stop.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:00 am

FEAR....The whole nonsense uttered by the various gobshites can be condensed into one sentence.

"PLEASE STOP CITY, ANY WAY YOU CAN...WE ARE FRIGHTENED!!!"
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby CitizenYank » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:40 am

Tom Hicks!!!

A guy who gave Arod over 200 million dollars and broke the Major League Baseball salary scale???

That's rich.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:50 am

CitizenYank wrote:Tom Hicks!!!

A guy who gave Arod over 200 million dollars and broke the Major League Baseball salary scale???

That's rich.

I fookin hate A rod. And the rest of them. I think Teixera's fat face though is the clincher.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 am

I am sure our owners will listen to what Hicks has to say about running a buisness.

In 6 months following the recession and global money collapse, HRH Skeikh Mansour made a PROFIT of £1.5BN on his Barclays shares, from the price he purchased them at.

In the same time, Hicks lost half of his fortune and was forced to sell his Baseball and Ice-Hockey franchise, to make ends meet I guess, I can see how this man is the model of business accumen.

I think HRH Shiekh Mansour would pay more attention to a Monkey when it comes to discussing finances, lets put it one way, he would get more sense and knowledge out of one of them, than he would Hicks, Gillet, Ferguson, Abrahmovic and Platini.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Here is an excerpt from an article regarding Hicks and his baseball team:

Owner Tom Hicks essentially has lost fiscal control of the Rangers, which has had to borrow at least $15 million from major league baseball. MLB is making many of the calls regarding Rangers' moves, including the one that cost them the ability to sign No. 1 draft pick Matt Purke. The Rangers thought they would be able to offer Purke one amount, but commissioner Bud Selig, responding to pressure from other owners, forced them to back away from that offer and Purke wound up rejecting the team's subsequent lower offer and will play for TCU instead.

In baseball when a player is drafted there is a value assigned to the place where they are picked. It is suggested you pay the player that amount, but not required. However, since the Rangers are in such dire condition the league, since it has a marker on the club, told them they could not go above slot. The player chose not to accept the slot price (after being offered more by the club) and chose to go back to college. Any player not signed by August 31 goes back into the draft the next year and the Rangers receive nothing. Basically the Rangers should have selected a player they know they could have signed at that price (a player of less skill than Purke, but still better to have a lower level prospect than not have one at all).

Hopefully the morale of the story is this is what will start happening to his footy club.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:22 pm

I just heard on the radio here in Dallas that the Rangers' General Manager, Nolan Ryan, is not being paid according to the contract he signed when he took the job. He is being paid a lesser amount, and has a "handshake agreement" with Hicks for the difference when Hicks finds some money.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum