PETER KENYON LEAVING CHELSEA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PETER KENYON LEAVING CHELSEA

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Slim wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Kenyon

He was sacked by Chelsea on September 16 and will leave his role on October 31 to take up a new role at Toad Hall.

Wiki are on the ball already.

That quote has now been changed to the Council house already!! Can some with access change it back?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:Why are some of you linking him with us? Am I missing something?

Kunton follows the money. ManU to Chelsea to City . . . easy peasy
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Chinners wrote:

He was sacked by Chelsea on September 16 and will leave his role on October 31 to take up a new role at Toad Hall.

That quote has now been changed to the Council house already!! Can some with access change it back?

Done.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Does anybody know if Paul Aldridge's contract has finished yet & if so; has anyone taken his role at the club? If not.....Toad Alert!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Done.

He was sacked by Chelsea on September 16 and will leave his role on October 31 to take up a new role as Manager of Trafford Raiders FC.

HA HA! Well done LAHAD!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 pm

He was sacked by Chelsea on September 16 and will leave his role on October 31 to take up a new role as Manager of Trafford Raiders FC.

It's not being left alone.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Chinners wrote:

That makes sense - hope he stays away though. I dont think Cook's done too much wrong so far.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Peter Kenyon (born 1954, Stalybridge, Cheshire) is the chief executive of Chelsea Football Club, of the Premier League in England. Educated in Tameside at West Hill School, he is the former production director and chief executive of sportswear firm Umbro.[1] He first sold his soul at Manchester United, but he was targeted by Chelski shortly after the Roman Abramovich takeover. After a spell of gardening leave[2] he officially joined Chelski in February 2004.[3] This was met with widespread controversy because Kenyon had consistently professed to be a life-long armchair supporter of the Trafford corporation.[1]

Kenyon is the main spokesman for the non-footballing side of Chelski as Roman Abramovich does not give interviews or attend press conferences and Chelski's chairman Bruce Buck keeps a low profile. Kenyon's background is in marketing, and he was recruited by Chelski to increase the club's commercial income.

Since joining Chelski, Kenyon has been involved in high-profile controversies including an attempt to persuade the manager of the England national team Sven-Göran Eriksson to become manager of Chelski, and the tapping-up of former Arsenal F.C. and current England left-back Ashley Cole. His very business-minded emphasis on selling football clubs as "brands" alienates some traditional supporters.

Kenyon attracted particular criticism after the 2008 Champions League final in Moscow, in which Chelsea lost on penalties to Manchester United. The winning side were led to receive their medals by Sir Bobby Charlton, who declined to wear the medal, having not been involved in the game. Chelsea were led to receive their runners-up medals by Peter Kenyon, who accepted one from UEFA president Michel Platini and wore it around his neck. He was sacked by Chelski on September 16 and will leave his role on October 31 to take up a new role Lord of the Underworld in an attempt to atone for the evil he has done.

:) I never touched it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Oh gawd he's got Umbro connections too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:He's the fall guy for this transfer ban.

Id hate him anywhere near City.

Only because it was his fault though.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Chinners wrote:

That makes sense - hope he stays away though. I dont think Cook's done too much wrong so far.

According to the latest City programme, it lists the Chief Operating Officer as Paul Aldridge.

It's already been made public that Paul Aldridge is leaving that role soon. What's the betting..?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:17 am

Why the fuck are we constantly linked to fucking Rags at every fucking level? It's like no other club in the world exists and/or we can't look further than across the road.

What really pisses me off is that eversince appointment of Hughes, very few seem even remotely bothered about this, usually leading into slanging contest of who are least bothered about them or actually quite likes them or at very least most of their players.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Why the fuck are we constantly linked to fucking Rags at every fucking level? It's like no other club in the world exists and/or we can't look further than across the road.

What really pisses me off is that eversince appointment of Hughes, very few seem even remotely bothered about this, usually leading into slanging contest of who are least bothered about them or actually quite likes them or at very least most of their players.

Sorry mate, I know this will be hard to hear, but they are without doubt the most successful premier league club since the league began and we should really be looking at emulating their model but carrying it out with more precision
and yes, what is more important to me is that I enjoy watching the quality of football on offer from Manchester City, and rivalries/outright hating "them", whilst fun, are not the be all and end all of being a city fan and I am sometimes feel you have failed to grasp that
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:51 am

Wooders wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Why the fuck are we constantly linked to fucking Rags at every fucking level? It's like no other club in the world exists and/or we can't look further than across the road.

Sorry mate, I know this will be hard to hear, but they are without doubt the most successful premier league club since the league began and we should really be looking at emulating their model but carrying it out with more precision
and yes, what is more important to me is that I enjoy watching the quality of football on offer from Manchester City, and rivalries/outright hating "them", whilst fun, are not the be all and end all of being a city fan and I am sometimes feel you have failed to grasp that

I'm not arguing they aren't the most succesfull side since Premier League was set up and I'm not saying that we shouldn't try and steal some of the ideas from them. What I AM however saying is that we don't need to try and get all their personel. Also, there are loads of other succesfull clubs in the world.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 am

Guys don't worry he's not coming here.. How do I know this? He's not Welsh of course :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 am

As one of the games great cunts he has worked for two cuntish teams and left both under a cloud. Can anyone honestly see the Sheik replacing Cook with him, because that is the role he does?

Never in a million years He was brought to Chelsea because no-one there could run a football business for Roman. He failed. We have a lot a good people already.

Cheap journo link.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:55 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:

I'm not arguing they aren't the most succesfull side since Premier League was set up and I'm not saying that we shouldn't try and steal some of the ideas from them. What I AM however saying is that we don't need to try and get all their personel. Also, there are loads of other succesfull clubs in the world.

One of them being Chelsea, which is where Kenyon is from & not Utd. It's absolutely bizarre to think of him in terms of Utd.
No one other than us City fans is linking us to Kenyon anyway as far as I can see but the reasons I don't want Kenyon are because I don't personally like him, not because of this 'rag' business which I don't give a flying fuck about & never really have. Some people from there I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, others are ok people who good at their job which is all I care about.

Rumour has it Kenyon is a City fan. I don't know if that's true but I do know he walked out on the rags & helped Chelsea sign all their transfer targets, therefore he's as much a rag as Ryan Giggs is a blue. I don't care either way. I don't want him because he's a snake, which is much more important imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:59 am

Wooders wrote:

I am sort of argueing with your second point though - the fact that they are the most successful prem team, chelsea are probably the second mind, and its only hypothetical we'll end up with Kenyon anyway , the point remains he's been at both and done very well there
Yes there are successful teams but we're in the prem - a notoriously different league as far as world football goes and we stand to poach a director whose worked at the 2 best teams - not the time for "ex rag" hysteria - added to that he's meant to be a blue isn't he?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Wooders wrote:
Wooders wrote:

I am sort of argueing with your second point though - the fact that they are the most successful prem team, chelsea are probably the second mind, and its only hypothetical we'll end up with Kenyon anyway , the point remains he's been at both and done very well there
Yes there are successful teams but we're in the prem - a notoriously different league as far as world football goes and we stand to poach a director whose worked at the 2 best teams - not the time for "ex rag" hysteria - added to that he's meant to be a blue isn't he?

Well that's the story, yeah.

My point in general wasn't so much about Kenyon, who I don't want most of all because he is slimy little shit and suit who is just in game to take as much out of it for himself as possible, but overall. I'd love us to have tradition of not infesting our great Club with former Rags at any level but that's just my opinion.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Since he took over Chelsea have never been out of limelight over their skulduggery in the transfer market. They've been punished repeatedly and finally they've been completely reamed over it.

Previously at the rags he was a widely despised figure and contributed so much to why so many people hated them. In a short space of time at Chelsea he had their reputation thrashed and any goodwill towards them gone.

Yes, he signed players successfully and pulled off a few transfer coups but mostly made it harder for Chelsea in the long term transfer market. They ended up missing out on Robinho because they were playing silly buggers over the fee. Chelsea will be remember for things like getting Ballack as a Bosman (still huge money) but at the expense of turning him into a hate figure.

This week we've had a taste of what it's like to be the pantomime villain, I certainly didn't like it and don't want to see us going down that road regularly.

I want to see Manchester City the club I love became great and win things. I don't want to see us turn into Manchester United.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum