PETER KENYON LEAVING CHELSEA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PETER KENYON LEAVING CHELSEA

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 pm

ronk wrote:Since he took over Chelsea have never been out of limelight over their skulduggery in the transfer market. They've been punished repeatedly and finally they've been completely reamed over it.

Previously at the rags he was a widely despised figure and contributed so much to why so many people hated them. In a short space of time at Chelsea he had their reputation thrashed and any goodwill towards them gone.

Yes, he signed players successfully and pulled off a few transfer coups but mostly made it harder for Chelsea in the long term transfer market. They ended up missing out on Robinho because they were playing silly buggers over the fee. Chelsea will be remember for things like getting Ballack as a Bosman (still huge money) but at the expense of turning him into a hate figure.

This week we've had a taste of what it's like to be the pantomime villain, I certainly didn't like it and don't want to see us going down that road regularly.

I want to see Manchester City the club I love became great and win things. I don't want to see us turn into Manchester U***d.

I thought it was Frank Arnesen who was behind most of the dodgy signings ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:32 pm

mr_nool wrote:
ronk wrote:Since he took over Chelsea have never been out of limelight over their skulduggery in the transfer market. They've been punished repeatedly and finally they've been completely reamed over it.

Previously at the rags he was a widely despised figure and contributed so much to why so many people hated them. In a short space of time at Chelsea he had their reputation thrashed and any goodwill towards them gone.

Yes, he signed players successfully and pulled off a few transfer coups but mostly made it harder for Chelsea in the long term transfer market. They ended up missing out on Robinho because they were playing silly buggers over the fee. Chelsea will be remember for things like getting Ballack as a Bosman (still huge money) but at the expense of turning him into a hate figure.

This week we've had a taste of what it's like to be the pantomime villain, I certainly didn't like it and don't want to see us going down that road regularly.

I want to see Manchester City the club I love became great and win things. I don't want to see us turn into Manchester U***d.

I thought it was Frank Arnesen who was behind most of the dodgy signings ...

Kenyon didn't pick the players in the same way as Cook doesn't choose who we buy. Where Kenyon came into the equation was doing things like meeting Ashley Cole and his agent in a hotel in London. I'm not a fan (to put it mildly) of Kenyon's tactics. If you go around doing that you assemble a squad of mercenaries, every one of whom has screwed over their previous club.

Once you go down that road there's no going back.

Kenyon fucked up big time over the transfer ban and has been caught regularly breaking the rules. He's not someone we should consider signing.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Why the fuck are we constantly linked to fucking Rags at every fucking level? It's like no other club in the world exists and/or we can't look further than across the road.

What really pisses me off is that eversince appointment of Hughes, very few seem even remotely bothered about this, usually leading into slanging contest of who are least bothered about them or actually quite likes them or at very least most of their players.

Sorry mate, I know this will be hard to hear, but they are without doubt the most successful premier league club since the league began and we should really be looking at emulating their model but carrying it out with more precision
and yes, what is more important to me is that I enjoy watching the quality of football on offer from Manchester City, and rivalries/outright hating "them", whilst fun, are not the be all and end all of being a city fan and I am sometimes feel you have failed to grasp that

I'm not arguing they aren't the most succesfull side since Premier League was set up and I'm not saying that we shouldn't try and steal some of the ideas from them. What I AM however saying is that we don't need to try and get all their personel. Also, there are loads of other succesfull clubs in the world.

One of them being Chelsea, which is where Kenyon is from & not Utd. It's absolutely bizarre to think of him in terms of Utd.
No one other than us City fans is linking us to Kenyon anyway as far as I can see but the reasons I don't want Kenyon are because I don't personally like him, not because of this 'rag' business which I don't give a flying fuck about & never really have. Some people from there I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, others are ok people who good at their job which is all I care about.

Rumour has it Kenyon is a City fan. I don't know if that's true but I do know he walked out on the rags & helped Chelsea sign all their transfer targets, therefore he's as much a rag as Ryan Giggs is a blue. I don't care either way. I don't want him because he's a snake, which is much more important imo.

Kenyon is a city fan. I can't remember where that came from, but it is something I have long been aware of.

I think he will clearly be rocking up here quite soon, the "one more challenge" comment could only mean that
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Kippax » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Actually predicted this a couple of months back, made too many cock ups in recent months so was only a matter of time.

Not saying it won't happen, but would be VERY surprised if he came to city.

Kippax.

Kippax
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Kippax wrote:Actually predicted this a couple of months back, made too many cock ups in recent months so was only a matter of time.

Not saying it won't happen, but would be VERY surprised if he came to city.

Kippax.

They'll be riots.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:32 pm

of the Arsenal kind?

Anyone know where I can buy one of them press stools?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Chinners wrote:of the Arsenal kind?

Of the Sven appointing kind.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision