Gettin silly now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gettin silly now

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Iv read thread, after thread, after thread on Adebayor and I have tried to avoid posting on them.Instead I end up makin a thread on it.

Is anyone else gettin sick to the back teeth of all this bollox? Iv got to the point where I now want the fa to just ban Adebayor so the fookin media can stop fillin our screens/papers with it everytime we turn our tvs on or pick up a newspaper. FFS he tapped his studs long Van Persies face, I defo wouldnt use the word 'stamp' like the media are takin a likin to at the mo. Its been blown up in the air and out of proportion so much so that I think it will actually do City and Adebayor a favour if he stayed low for a few games.

Football is just gettin silly now, all this post match pissin about. A match lasts 90mins but the aftermarth seems to last for weeks!! I personally blame the media for makin a mound out of a mole hill which the public then get over excited about which then puts pressure on the F.A and UEFA to take silly and over the top action.

I feel the atmos in our grounds has already been hit hard by this new pc, do'gooding, 'you cant do this you cant do that', attitude that seems to be takin this country by storm. I can see our game going the same way if this sort of thing is going to be blown up in the air like we are starting to see.

Or maybe its the sort of thing that happens to the 'big four' and now we are one of the big guns the media are starting to point a spot light on us as well?? Maybe its of things to come and something we will just have to get used to?

Man City ruining football?? nah, Id say the media are..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Gettin silly now

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Given that this is more so a thread on the media's place in football rather than an Ade thread, I don't feel you're being a hypocrite...

Without the media, there would be no sky four and I don't think we'd see the same quality of players playing in the prem.

The media are a HUGE part of football - shit they can move match times and dates!

So of course, they want as many spin offs as possible, the main spin off being SSN and all its 'understanding'.

All I can suggest is that you don't buy the rag papers and don't follow SSN etc... just watch the match and leave it at that, because after all, its you who's watching/reading up on this stuff...
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:52 pm

I never bought a paper yesterday or today, i never went on any newspaper websites and i have not watched SSN.

Seeing the vitriol written and listening to the shit talked about Ade and City on Sunday & Monday was enough for me. I will use mancityfans.net as my medium for the update on our appeal and subsequent ban. The final straw for me came when Scudamore, the head of the premier league, said Ade had brought 'shame' to the English game.

The pressure on the FA to fuck us over is too much to bear and that's why City will accept the 3 game ban imo, why fight what cannot be won, he may end up getting a 6 game ban if we did fight it.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:02 pm

I never buy newspapers, but pick one up in the house or at work to have a scan.With the Ade stuff, I dont think I have managed to finsh an artical about all this what is goin on as its just your usual drab bollox to fill pages. I do watch ssn alot and thats also annoying me at the mo. Thankfully the Champs league games seem to have taken the spot light of us for a day.

Its others that DO take papers word for word that make us none newspaper readers suffer as we have to then answer to what they have read.

Pundits annoy the hell out of me as well. Its cringe worthy when you have the likes of Shearer and Stan Collymore saying abot how much of a disgrace Ade is. How many faces did Shearer split open with those 'stray' elbows of his?? and Stan!! the guy that kicks the shit out of women once he is off air.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
Or maybe its the sort of thing that happens to the 'big four' and now we are one of the big guns the media are starting to point a spot light on us as well?? Maybe its of things to come and something we will just have to get used to?

i think that is part of the problem now.
when things happen like what we saw adebayor do on saturday the media really do overboard with all the slagging off.
for example drogba diving and coin chucking , rooney getting sent off , gerrards court case , ronaldo diving just a few examples but the papers go on and on and on and thats why i stopped buying papers a long time ago it just bores me shitless.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 pm

It cracks me up as I actually think, in a way, people get brainwashed by it and start seeing something that isnt there.. The cheek of it. I had a Chelsea fan callin Adebayor a disgrace and 'dirty bastard' the other day. I guess he forgot about all that ref goins on from Ballack and Drogba?? I actualy agreed with Ballack and Drogba goin off as they was responding to aweful refing, just like Ade was responding to Arsenal fans bad mouthing him and Van Persie trying to break his legs..

Where there is an action there is a reaction.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Im getting a bit annoyed at our unrealistic reaction to a player of ours committing a pretty obvious act of football violence

Putting your studs in someones face - regardless of who - is about as low as you can get. I understand why he did it - I am not particularly outraged by it but I totally understand the media reaction - it was brutal and could have turned out a whole lot worse.

If this incident had been the other way round and VP had done the same to Ade we would be calling for a life suspension and enjoying every moment of media spot light

The man could still be a football legend but he let himself down twice at the weekend - FACT
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby CityGer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Patrick wrote:Im getting a bit annoyed at our unrealistic reaction to a player of ours committing a pretty obvious act of football violence

Putting your studs in someones face - regardless of who - is about as low as you can get. I understand why he did it - I am not particularly outraged by it but I totally understand the media reaction - it was brutal and could have turned out a whole lot worse.

If this incident had been the other way round and VP had done the same to Ade we would be calling for a life suspension and enjoying every moment of media spot light

The man could still be a football legend but he let himself down twice at the weekend - FACT

The best and most accurate post on the subject I have read.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Patrick wrote:Im getting a bit annoyed at our unrealistic reaction to a player of ours committing a pretty obvious act of football violence

I agree that he was in the wrong. You would have to have some darn thick rose tinted glasses to think otherwise. I do feel that although it was a pretty bad thing to do, I still think the media are blowing this way out of proportion. Maybe I look at things a little differently in thinking there are a lot worse things going on in this world yet some silly little flick of the foot in someones face gets 24/7 coverage.

Im sure if it wasnt for the media all this would have already been swept under the matt and just a distant memory.Hey, I guess it just doesnt happen like that though.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby shawzy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Thought his celebration was ok..Those gooners fans deserved it, all the shit they were giving him.
It wasnt even bad..Wow a knee slide.
Hope he gets off with it.
The VP thing..Fair enough..3 game ban.We should cope without him.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:12 pm

We've even made it into Private Eye now - cartoon on page 21.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 pm

shawzy wrote:Thought his celebration was ok..Those gooners fans deserved it, all the shit they were giving him.
It wasnt even bad..Wow a knee slide.
Hope he gets off with it.
The VP thing..Fair enough..3 game ban.We should cope without him.

Yeah,to me the celebration was fine!! Its not like he was screamin his head off to them or anything. It cracks me up how the media,again, choose to pick Ade's slid out over things like fans throwing chairs etc onto the pitch in order to cause harm to another person.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 am

Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Beeks » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:54 am

Surrey Sky Blue wrote:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/adebayor-to-thrust-genitals-in-face-of-every-arsenal-fan-200909142057/

Hahahaha if only it were true!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby TrueBlue82 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 am

Surrey Sky Blue wrote:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/adebayor-to-thrust-genitals-in-face-of-every-arsenal-fan-200909142057/

LMFAO!!!!! crazy
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm

SSN have just shown a hypothetical league table showing where we would be (seventh?) without Ade's goals.

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:09 pm

There was a cracking side article today in the MEN where he wrote (not running down to get his name) about Wengers backing of one of his players after he stamped on someones head, then 3 months later did the same. Wenger stated that the incidents were not malicious but were because this individual was a bit pissed at the fact that he did not receive a free-kick for an incident that happened; therefore it was right and just to stamp on another team player. He went on to state that Ade had received humiliating treatment prior and all the way through the game and showed real human emotion in his actions rather than just because the referee didn't award him what he thought was right.

So, to summarise, he was calling Wenger a 2 faced twat who has no reality when it comes to incidents involving his own players, and shouldn't be such an hypocrite.

By the way, the individual involved was no other than Denis Bergkamp who got a 5 grand fine for the first incident and a 3 match ban for the second.

Makes you think doesn't it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:SSN have just shown a hypothetical league table showing where we would be (seventh?) without Ade's goals.

By that logic I could say that Tranaldo's goals were worth 13 points for the scum last season. Pretty crap return for 19 (I think) goals.

Adebayor has been key for us this season.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm

ronk wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:SSN have just shown a hypothetical league table showing where we would be (seventh?) without Ade's goals.

By that logic I could say that Tranaldo's goals were worth 13 points for the scum last season. Pretty crap return for 19 (I think) goals.

Adebayor has been key for us this season.

I wonder who would have gotten into the champions league if you took adebayor's goals away from arsenal over the past 3 years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

More Irony.

Sick of reading threads about Adebayor,I know ill start a thread saying I am sick of reading threads about Adebayor.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum