Colin Shindler

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Colin Shindler

Postby leopoldo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Sorry if this has been covered in previous months but I think this is guy the most vile person associated with our club.
Of course, he's not directly linked in an official capacity but his self-appointed role of pseudo-intellectual spokesman means his views are heard more than most and the truth is, he'll say anything for a piece of silver.
His 'factional' book about Mercer and Allison is disgusting and degrading to two of the club's greatest ever heroes, who he claims have made such an impact on his life.
His reasons for writing the book are clear - the success of The Damned United and the fact that Joe Mercer is dead and that Malcolm Allison is a nursing home so neither is in a position to sue him for his spurious crock of shit.
Shindler hypocritally commented on how he has fallen out of love with the club yet I'm sure he'll be back mouthing off to the London press once he wants something else plugging.
Personally I thought Manchester United Ruined My Life was pretty boring - not least the title, which pandered to the Sky football generation that think City fans only want United to lose.
But Shindler keeps coming back with books about City and once he's snatched our money he gives us a royal kick in the bollocks in the papers.
Oasis and Ricky Hatton have taken advantage of their City connection but from them I feel a real warmth and affection for the club and fans. With Shindler I see a supporter, who cynically values making a quick buck most.
If anyone has something to add that contradicts what I'm saying I'd be happy to re-evaluate him because at the end of the day he's a blue, but so were Joey Barton, Steve Coppell and Robbie Fowler and I rate them higher than Shindler.
leopoldo
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Re: Colin Shindler

Postby crossan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I have not read his book about Joe and Mal and if as you say it paints either or both in a poor way then I will give it a miss,Joe and Mal obviously had their differences and eventually fell out and Joe was forced out of the club he gave so much to but the two of them brought unrivalled glory to our club for 7 great years and that is all that needs to be said.
Last edited by crossan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I think this fella expresses it pretty well
Colin Shindler ruined my day
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Likewise, I'm not buying or even reading any of his books from now on . . . the cent
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Was it a book or a list?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Dameerto wrote:Was it a book or a list?

LOL
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mistereeman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:32 pm

If he's disassociating himself with the club surely that means he'll stop cashing in on it's name.
Sadly I wouldn't hold out too much hope,he's a delusional greedy wanker,expect him to be working for the daily mirror sometime soon.
mistereeman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby bluemoon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm

The guy is a cunt of the highest order. Best thing anyone can do is not buy his shit.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 pm

After his interview on 5live slagging us off when the Sheik bought us, he's just a rag to me. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. If he wasn't on fire however...

Utter utter cunt, City fan my arse
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:After his interview on 5live slagging us off when the Sheik bought us, he's just a rag to me. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. If he wasn't on fire however...

Yeah I heard that, was the first and only(I think) city 'spokesman' to really talk the takeover down. How any City fan could not be happy with us finally being competitive is beyond me...unless you are crossan, but it'd be weird if he was happy and optimistic.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Slim wrote:Yeah I heard that, was the first and only(I think) city 'spokesman' to really talk the takeover down. How any City fan could not be happy with us finally being competitive is beyond me...unless you are crossan, but it'd be weird if he was happy and optimistic.

Think he made his money being nostalgic for the good old days and our recent turn-round in fortunes is something of a threat to that.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Slim wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:After his interview on 5live slagging us off when the Sheik bought us, he's just a rag to me. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. If he wasn't on fire however...

Yeah I heard that, was the first and only(I think) city 'spokesman' to really talk the takeover down. How any City fan could not be happy with us finally being competitive is beyond me...unless you are crossan, but it'd be weird if he was happy and optimistic.

WOW! Maybe Crossan is Shindler? Show us your list cross Anne!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:41 am

I read the ...Ruined my life book and the City content was negligable. The book was a self serving ego trip, that used the name of City in the title to gain sales.
Never rated it, thought it was shit, lacking in humour and I had little interest in how a Jewish Kid...(he makes his jewishness important), grew up and became a legend in his own mind.

Never touched any of his other books,,,I didn't see the point of wating my time.
I suppose we don't have to love him, he loves himself enough.
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby crossan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Slim wrote:

WOW! Maybe Crossan is Shindler? Show us your list cross Anne!

Sorry Fid,he is not my secret identity........................anyone who slags off the 60s/70s era is a tosser to me.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Fish111 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:09 am

The question has to be asked, does he now have an agenda based on the fact he's a jew and the club is now owned by mega-rich arabs? Sour grapes perhaps?

Slagging off the two men who orchestrated the very best era in our history seems very very silly to me and will do him no favours with fellow City fans, if he really is one anyway, and the club as a whole.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 am

There was too much cricket in 'Ruined my life' . . . oh year they play that at OT, that make sense for its inclusion then.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 am

john68 wrote:I read the ...Ruined my life book and the City content was negligable. The book was a self serving ego trip, that used the name of City in the title to gain sales.
Never rated it, thought it was shit, lacking in humour and I had little interest in how a Jewish Kid...(he makes his jewishness important), grew up and became a legend in his own mind.

Never touched any of his other books,,,I didn't see the point of wating my time.

I've read his other books but yeah, I fully agree with you. Ruined my life seemed to be mostly about Jewish kid growing up and watching loads of cricket. It didn't really have any funny anecdotes and he seemed to take himself very seriously. Booring read.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
john68 wrote:I read the ...Ruined my life book and the City content was negligable. The book was a self serving ego trip, that used the name of City in the title to gain sales.

I've read his other books but yeah, I fully agree with you. Ruined my life seemed to be mostly about Jewish kid growing up and watching loads of cricket. It didn't really have any funny anecdotes and he seemed to take himself very seriously. Booring read.

The one thing I remember from the book was his comparison of being a city fan to the Woody Allen film (I forget what it was called). He spoke of being on a dark dingy slow train, looking over at the train at the next platform. On that train were beautiful people, drinking champagne and having a great time. He talks of the feeling that he had a choice as his bro was a rag, and he got on the wrong train being a city fan.

The cunt should have fucking got on the rag train. Tables are turning now eh, and his bitterness looks a bit silly given where we are headed now. I just think he is fucked off that he cant carry on claiming to be the opressed city fan now.

Anyway, I used to like him. Now I think he is a cunt
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby patrickblue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Not really defending Shindler, because I agree that Manchester united ruined my life was not really that much about being a City fan, and as for his latest outbursts the less said the better. That said, I can't see why you think his book about Joe and Mal is disgusting and degrading toward them. I would agree that it cashes in on The Damned United, and that it's not a particularly good read, but the factual bits are accurate, and the the rest treats Joe Mercer and Malcom Allison with huge respect. The only thing I can see that might be seen as derogatory is the way Mal's ambition and personal life is portrayed. I don't think Mal would argue that he was a bit a jack the lad. His ambition was the undoing of the partnership, but I really don't think the book puts the blame on Allison's shoulders, in fact it quite clearly places it where it belongs on the machinations of certain board members. I suppose that the other debatable point is whether Joe promised to take a back seat after two years, but that is widely rumoured to be the case, and I don't think it was disrespectful to include it in the book.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Return to The Maine Football forum